Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

To all you CURVY girls! What is your favorite outfit? watch

ReputationRep:
    What is your favorite everyday outfit?

What do you love to wear on a night out?

ReputationRep:
    Figure hugging - screw hiding my curves, I wanna show them off! I also actually think you look slimmer in body-con than in slouchy/baggy/loose fit clothing.

My favourite daytime outfit is an all-in-one bodysuit, straight leg black jeans (not skinny drainpipes but not bootcut), tweed blazer and shearling heels. Sounds terrifying if you dont like clingy stuff but it really works for playing up an hourglass shape like mine.

For going out i'm a huge fan of the lace overlay dresses, I still have the first one I ever bought from ASOS when they first came out and its a key piece in my wardrobe now. I'm also partial to bandage dresses like Lipsy did and strapless prom dress type dresses provided they're not too frilly and poofy.

ReputationRep:
    these days 'curvy' is just a euphemism for fat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JIRAIYA-ERO-SENNIN)
    You know sometimes I am inclined to agree, but i don't think i'm fat at all. I'm nearly 6ft tall and a small size 16 (41-31-41in), and more importantly i am (for the most part) well toned and not wobbly.

I'm certainly not ashamed of my figure, and I wouldn't say it was "curvy" if in fact I was just plain fat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abi24)
    You know sometimes I am inclined to agree, but i don't think i'm fat at all. I'm nearly 6ft tall and a small size 16 (41-31-41in), and more importantly i am (for the most part) well toned and not wobbly.

I'm certainly not ashamed of my figure, and I wouldn't say it was "curvy" if in fact I was just plain fat.
    i used to think that curvy girls were just girls who were normal weight but with a good hip to waist ratio; i thought that must be very attractive and wondered why any man wouldn't be attracted to that. but then i realised that girls who were just fat were being labeled as 'curvy'. now its confusing to catagorise women properly.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    well it would help to know which description of "curvy" the OP is referring to. The overweight variety, or the actual curvy variety.

I'm sort of inbetween lol. I do have curves, as in my waist does go in compared to my boobs and my hips, but I'm about a stone and a half heavier than I ought to be (though some of that is excess stomach due to diastasis recti). So I fit both categories haha.

ReputationRep:
    Best day outfit is bit hard as I switch between different fashion trends on a daily basis. Probably a strappy top with skinny jeans and small heeled boots with a cord blazer.

My best night out fit is a low cut top that pulls in just above the waist/under the boobs with a pair of tight skinny jeans and high black court shoes.

ReputationRep:
    I live in high waisted clothing these days. Mostly genuine vintage as it fits my tiny waist much better than any 'modern' clothing.

So high waisted pencil skirts, wiggle dresses and high waisted palazzo pants are my staples.

I don't go 'clubbing' so I can't answer that part!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JIRAIYA-ERO-SENNIN)
    Yeah, you're right. It's getting ridiculous now.

ReputationRep:
    Fat girls think they are "curvy" so dont be shocked my any replys OP.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    I live in high waisted clothing these days. Mostly genuine vintage as it fits my tiny waist much better than any 'modern' clothing.

So high waisted pencil skirts, wiggle dresses and high waisted palazzo pants are my staples.
    I second this one.

Only if you're genuinely curvy though.

ReputationRep:
    you look slimmer in body-con than in slouchy/baggy/loose fit clothing.
    second

as long as it fits perfectly

ReputationRep:
    I heard that if your a tad bit on the larger side that you should stay away from Horizontal strips, apparently its supposed to make you look larger :s

ReputationRep:
    For a night out- a good fitting bodycon dress is surprisingly flattering. I was trying to find a good pic on FB to prove it but I look too hammered in all of them. :mad:

Day to day (work)I wear straight legged black trousers and a fitted pussybow blouse tucked in with ankle boots or converse..

On a weekend it's all about skinny ish jeans (with give obvs) with converse and a fitted t shirt + blazer.

I like to be smart and casual at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I<3LAMP)
    For a night out- a good fitting bodycon dress is surprisingly flattering. I was trying to find a good pic on FB to prove it but I look too hammered in all of them. :mad:
    Like this?

(bearing in mind i'm a 16)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abi24)
    Like this?

I thought you were a size 12 max in the 2nd photo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abi24)
    Like this?

You're a 16?! I wish I was as tall as you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abi24)
    Like this?
    (pics)
    Ooh that looks nooice.
    (I'd + this if I hadn't already + repped another post of yours hehe.)

Well as for the curvy/fat debate, I know I'm overweight but I don't actually care because I like to think I carry it reasonably well. I think curvy should be defined as being slightly bigger than average whilst having retained a defined waist.

I'm nearly 6ft and 42-30-42.
    In the daytime I prefer wearing ditsy dresses (that are very fitted or elasticated at the waist) with black opaque tights and knee-high cowgirl or military boots.

At night I wear very fitted tops and flouncy but short skirts with flat shoes. (No extra height for me, phew..)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abi24)
    Like this?

Yeah like this, but you have great legs mine are stumpy.

I'm also a 16...and 5ft 10

(I also have that second dress... hee hee)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abi24)
    Figure hugging - screw hiding my curves, I wanna show them off! I also actually think you look slimmer in body-con than in slouchy/baggy/loose fit clothing.

My favourite daytime outfit is an all-in-one bodysuit, straight leg black jeans (not skinny drainpipes but not bootcut), tweed blazer and shearling heels. Sounds terrifying if you dont like clingy stuff but it really works for playing up an hourglass shape like mine.

For going out i'm a huge fan of the lace overlay dresses, I still have the first one I ever bought from ASOS when they first came out and its a key piece in my wardrobe now. I'm also partial to bandage dresses like Lipsy did and strapless prom dress type dresses provided they're not too frilly and poofy.
    :borat:.

(Original post by Ilora-Danon)

This.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.