Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I recently got 2 offers to study medicine at the University of St Andrews and the University of Leicester. I'm still waiting for an offer from the University of Aberdeen. Assuming the best case scenario that I get an offer from Aberdeen as well, should I take Leicester or Aberdeen? All the online UK medical school rankings tell me that Leicester is better, but I've grown up knowing Aberdeen's reputation as a prestigious medical school. Both curriculums are equally attractive to me. Could someone give me an opinion about this?

Thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the exact same position, except got an offer for aberdeen and waiting on leicester (hopefully will get an offer).
    For me there isn't that much to choose between the courses, leicester does more dissection but aberdeens facilities are better. Both med schools seem friendly and organised.
    But for me out of these two, I think I prefer Aberdeen.. it just seems that bit friendlier and I love the fact that the med school is in the grounds of the hospital.
    Thinking or the cities it totally depends what floats your boat! Aberdeen is probably "nicer" with its old parts looking much more attractive, but leicester is bigger for shopping and nightlife.
    So overall depends what means more to you, but I think i will firm aberdeen personally hope this helps at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by it's complicated)
    I'm in the exact same position, except got an offer for aberdeen and waiting on leicester (hopefully will get an offer).
    For me there isn't that much to choose between the courses, leicester does more dissection but aberdeens facilities are better. Both med schools seem friendly and organised.
    But for me out of these two, I think I prefer Aberdeen.. it just seems that bit friendlier and I love the fact that the med school is in the grounds of the hospital.
    Thinking or the cities it totally depends what floats your boat! Aberdeen is probably "nicer" with its old parts looking much more attractive, but leicester is bigger for shopping and nightlife.
    So overall depends what means more to you, but I think i will firm aberdeen personally hope this helps at all

Thanks a lot for this! It really helped I've chosen Aberdeen over Leicester and I have not regretted my decision so far... Starting school in September

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 18, 2011

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.