Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I was at my ex girlfriends party last night, and her boyfriend was being a complete prick. She was asking where all the food had gone and he was like away from you you ****, so i told him to lay off. Anyway the night continues and he gets more drunk and ends up slapping her across the face not really hard but still, anyway i just lost it and he ended up having to go to a and e as he had some teeth missing and stuff. Then after my ex said it was really sweet but i shouldnt have helped her...

ReputationRep:
    i'd say no...
    always fun to beat up a prick

ReputationRep:
    It's not your business to get involved. There was no need to hit him.

ReputationRep:
    Not that I'm saying violence is the answer here, but I think were kind of right to do it, by the sounds of it, you were just trying to stand up for her and if it was me, I think I'd really appreciate having someone around who's willing to deck the person who decides to slap me as opposed to someone who just sits on the fence and watches it happen then doesnt do anything to help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DominF)
    He was asking for a smack, but if he lost teeth you took it too far...
    Admittidly

ReputationRep:
    that was very sweet what you did

ReputationRep:
    unfortunately he's going to be the one getting "get well soon" sex from her

ReputationRep:
    troll, but in a real case scenario....maybe

ReputationRep:
    you mad bro?

ReputationRep:
    Objective answer: No, it is the job of the police to deal with things like that, etc..

Subjective answer: Yes, there is an extremely long history of gentlemen standing up for women physically, despite the protection the law is meant to offer women.

The answer's will vary and be everything inbetween. Lets just hope he doesn't take you to court on it which he is entitled to do

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2011
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.