Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Holy mother of god it costs £69 for a super off peak return, and I only live a 2 hour train journey away. I'm getting the bus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twig)
    Kind of. (Well, the open day email anyway, but waiting for track to update...). Should be going on 23rd Nov!
    Congratulations on your offer!!

Is this your first offer? When did you apply and to which uni's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by officeface)
    It's still blank - the letter specifically says that offers are dependent on going on this visit to UCL, so if I don't go, I lose the offer. I guess they will update it after I go there?

Application sent: 03/10/2011
    Uni: UCL
    Course: Mathematics
    Decision: Conditional offer
    Grades: A*AA
    Date received: 28/10/2011
    Reaction: My first. Got to go on an introductory day to ensure the offer, but absolutely ecstatic Couldn't stop smiling for ages!
    Has your UCAS track been updated now with the conditions? You mentioned it was blank but did the conditions mentioned by you Decision: Conditional offer
    Grades: A*AA get updated after that? Or were the conditions mentioned in the email itself?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by officeface)
    Msci G107
    (Original post by anil10100)
    MSci Maths with Economics (G1LC)
    What were the offer conditions?

ReputationRep:
    Seems like loads of people on here are going to UCL on the 23rd. Meet?

*As of yet, I have no offers but I remain hopeful.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by ben-smith)

If it helps, I didn't get any offers from unis until November time :yep:

ReputationRep:

It most probably depends on the universities and courses to which one applies for. When was your application to UCAS sent out and what are your subjects?

On another note, is there anyone who had a chance to look at the entire UCAS form after submission? Heard there is a procedure to request it. Has someone tried it here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpdavis)
    If it helps, I didn't get any offers from unis until November time :yep:
    That really helps.

Were you an Oxford/Cambridge applicant? How long did it take for you to hear about the first offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by new123)
    It most probably depends on the universities and courses to which one applies for. When was your application to UCAS sent out and what are your subjects?

On another note, is there anyone who had a chance to look at the entire UCAS form after submission? Heard there is a procedure to request it. Has someone tried it here?
    processed by UCAS on the 11th Oct.
    Subjects? You mean what are my A2s?
    A2s: Maths, Fmaths, Physics, Chemistry, Spanish

ReputationRep:

same....but i did get an offer which is confirmed from bbc network to be on radio live for a clash

ReputationRep:
    processed by UCAS on the 11th Oct.
    Subjects? You mean what are my A2s?
    A2s: Maths, Fmaths, Physics, Chemistry, Spanish
    Sorry for not being clear.

I meant to which course codes and universities did you apply?

(Isn't it hardly three weeks for one to expect offers?)

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for not being clear.

I meant to which course codes and universities did you apply?

(Isn't it hardly three weeks for one to expect offers?)
    Cam (G100)
    Imperial, Warwick and Kings (G103)
    UCL (G107)
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    That really helps.

Were you an Oxford/Cambridge applicant? How long did it take for you to hear about the first offer?
    Yeah I was, I had my application processed about the 12th October. Heard from Nottingham on the 4th November and it was a reduced offer Then on the 16th November, got an interview for Cambridge and an offer from York. On the 8th December had my interview for Cambridge. 16th December offer from Kings, 7th January offer from Cambridge and the 8th March rejection from Durham

In the end, final week of exams was a complete mess (was referred back to counselling, almost had a breakdown for reasons outside my control) and now I'm at Kings and loving it :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpdavis)
    Yeah I was, I had my application processed about the 12th October. Heard from Nottingham on the 4th November and it was a reduced offer Then on the 16th November, got an interview for Cambridge and an offer from York. On the 8th December had my interview for Cambridge. 16th December offer from Kings, 7th January offer from Cambridge and the 8th March rejection from Durham

In the end, final week of exams was a complete mess (was referred back to counselling, almost had a breakdown for reasons outside my control) and now I'm at Kings and loving it :love:
    It appears, Universities take around 2 months to give out a decision on an average.

Glad that you are in a place which you love it!

Sorry to hear on the final week of exams' issues. So, did you decline the Cambridge and Nottingham offers? Or was your King's conditions easier to achieve?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    It appears, Universities take around 2 months to give out a decision on an average.

Glad that you are in a place which you love it!

Sorry to hear on the final week of exams' issues. So, did you decline the Cambridge and Nottingham offers? Or was your King's conditions easier to achieve?
    Yeah, I know people who didn't receive any offers until after February and he was applying for maths :yep:

Actually Kings was my insurance and Cambridge was my firm. But when I went to both unis I fell in love with both (Kings being in London meant that it was very lively, whilst Cambridge had the pretty factor and my college had ducks :love: )

I declined Nottingham and York. I had emailed Durham as to why they rejected me, but even after rejecting me they were still promoting themselves to me. In the end happy I didn't get an offer as it made me picking an insurance choice easier (plus I didn't even like Durham that much )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dnumberwang)
    Spending £40 on train tickets anyone? ...to visit london, on your own
    I spent over £100 to visit Bristol last year :erm: and then £50 to visit Warwick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jameswhughes)
    I spent over £100 to visit Bristol last year :erm: and then £50 to visit Warwick
    Do you have to visit Bristol if you get an offer >.<

ReputationRep:
    Do you have to visit Bristol if you get an offer &gt;.&lt;
    No, not at all. I did though as I'd hadn't visited the university before, or the city, or even that area of the country...

ReputationRep:
    What were the offer conditions?
    That I attend the open day, then I presume A*AA

ReputationRep:
    Do you have to visit Bristol if you get an offer >.<
    It's worth visiting though - the city is amazing and the area with the university is pretty sweet. I'm fairly close to Bristol so can get train tickets there for £12 off-peak. Had a nice uni tour on Friday with FREE ICE-CREAM

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 31, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.