Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by new123)
    Congratulations.

When did you get the track email today?

Does it come only during school / uni hours?
    Half 4. And I'm not sure to be honest - both my offers have come at half past 4 exactly.

ReputationRep:
    anyone received an invitation to imperial open day? is it necessary for all applicants to go(to get an offer) or optional?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesjiang)
    anyone received an invitation to imperial open day? is it necessary for all applicants to go(to get an offer) or optional?
    Same question. Is it necessary for international applicants to go? Do they have to email back that it is not feasible.

Is it sent to all applicants? If one wants not to go, can he/she just ignore the mail or should it be responded to.

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Bham!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Femto)
    Offer from Bham!
    Are you not doing FM?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by new123)
    Same question. Is it necessary for international applicants to go? Do they have to email back that it is not feasible.

Is it sent to all applicants? If one wants not to go, can he/she just ignore the mail or should it be responded to.
    I got this too:

"Our first scheduled open day this year is Wednesday 7 December... Although we have started making offers, the majority will not have been made until after Christmas, so it’s best to attend earlier if you can, rather than waiting to find out our decision."

Has anyone got an offer from Imperial?

I don't think it's compulsory and I've already been to an open day, so I probably won't go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    Are you not doing FM?
    I am doing FM. But they still offered me AAA even though they stated in the conditions that "you have a lower offer because you're doing FM" - it's slightly confusing actually. I thought the offer was AAB for FM included

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hassi94)
    The conditions came through track

4th October. Was processed on the 5th. I got the offer 3 days ago and got the conditions today
    Gratz on the offer bro, I really want an offer from Warwick, I need something to work towards this year. *_*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Femto)
    I am doing FM. But they still offered me AAA even though they stated in the conditions that "you have a lower offer because you're doing FM" - it's slightly confusing actually. I thought the offer was AAB for FM included
    That's ridiculous, I would inquire, I had been planning on applying and on the open day they said with FM it was ABB! I was really confused because the prospectus says AAB with FM, but now I see you have AAA WITH FM?! :eek: :eek: Again, email them, maybe they made a mistake.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I got the invitation to the open day from Imperial as well, seems like something they send to all applicants tbh..

ReputationRep:
    That's ridiculous, I would inquire, I had been planning on applying and on the open day they said with FM it was ABB! I was really confused because the prospectus says AAB with FM, but now I see you have AAA WITH FM?! :eek: :eek: Again, email them, maybe they made a mistake.
    It is pretty messed up - you're right. I think I will email them at some point this evening.

ReputationRep:
    No offers yet =(, although no rejections yet either. Have any Scottish applicants got any offers yet? Or any IB students?

ReputationRep:
    Gratz on the offer bro, I really want an offer from Warwick, I need something to work towards this year. *_*
    Cheers mate. I'm sure you'll get one, just get working on STEP anyway, that's my thought process with Cambridge. I may not get an offer but I'm gonna work as if I'm getting one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Femto)
    Offer from Bham!
    Congratulations. Ooh I'd like to ask; did you have STEP listed in your UCAS application as a qualification?

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations. Ooh I'd like to ask; did you have STEP listed in your UCAS application as a qualification?
    I did. But I don't think you need to worry if you didn't. I thought it was a bit strange to include it to be honest - how can one predict a grade for it?

ReputationRep:
    Cheers mate. I'm sure you'll get one, just get working on STEP anyway, that's my thought process with Cambridge. I may not get an offer but I'm gonna work as if I'm getting one!
    Yeah that's exactly what I'm thinking. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Femto)
    I did. But I don't think you need to worry if you didn't. I thought it was a bit strange to include it to be honest - how can one predict a grade for it?
    I was actually hoping you'd say that It's just I hear Bath give non-STEP offers to people who didn't include it, and STEP offers to those who did - though it's easier to get an offer if you included it. I didn't want a STEP offer from Bath, because in that way there is no way it'd be my firm or insurance unless everything else fell apart :P

I don't even know why I'm worrying - I've already got 2 offers that I wanted over Bath haha - I just like to worry about things

ReputationRep:
    I was actually hoping you'd say that It's just I hear Bath give non-STEP offers to people who didn't include it, and STEP offers to those who did - though it's easier to get an offer if you included it. I didn't want a STEP offer from Bath, because in that way there is no way it'd be my firm or insurance unless everything else fell apart :P

I don't even know why I'm worrying - I've already got 2 offers that I wanted over Bath haha - I just like to worry about things
    Well, I really want to go to Warwick and for that I need an offer :cool: So we're kind of in the same position.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edwin Okli)
    Imperial CompSci asks for STEP?!! But they don't for Maths… weird. Well, they say that their standard offer doesn't include STEP.
    they don't require it, they encourage it.

the admin said that I will most likely get the A*AA2 offer since I am indicating that I am doing STEP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anil10100)
    Yeah I got the invitation to the open day from Imperial as well, seems like something they send to all applicants tbh..
    So, can it be ignored? Or should one respond to it based on the circumstances?

What are the other Imperial applicants doing ?

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.