Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by new123)
    So, can it be ignored? Or should one respond to it based on the circumstances?

What are the other Imperial applicants doing ?
    personally i will probably not go there

ReputationRep:
    got an imperial open day invite as well....its on 7th december! thats when my college for cambridge likely to have interviews during

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anil10100)
    Guess i'll be seeing all of you on the 23rd then
    Have all of you (group of 23rd open day invitees) got your UCAS track updated with conditions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesjiang)
    personally i will probably not go there
    why?

Is it in any way connected to our offer?

If one does not go there due to any reason is it ok?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anil10100)
    Yeah I got the invitation to the open day from Imperial as well, seems like something they send to all applicants tbh..
    Is there anyone applying for maths at Imperial who hasn't got this?

I'm getting slightly worried now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mpc1)
    why?

Is it in any way connected to our offer?

If one does not go there due to any reason is it ok?
    all of the applicants received that emails and i don"t think all of applicants can be give an offer ....so it is not necessary...???
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Beth1234)
    Is there anyone applying for maths at Imperial who hasn't got this?

I'm getting slightly worried now...
    http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/mathemati...s/ug/open_days <--- Just go anyway if you want. Think of it as the law of averages, seeing as I probably won't attend :P

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else got an inteview at Manchester on the 10th?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheJ0ker)
    Has anyone else got an inteview at Manchester on the 10th?
    9th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dnumberwang)
    9th
    Haha ok, do you know whether it will be like a hardcore interview or a more informal one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheJ0ker)
    Haha ok, do you know whether it will be like a hardcore interview or a more informal one?
    Informal.

Last year mine went like this:

Pleasantries, shake hands etc.
    Why Manchester?
    Sketch e^x.
    Sketch e^-x.
    Sketch e^-x^2.
    Finish.

ReputationRep:
    got the invitation to the open day, but no acknowledgement of my application. how does that work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SParm)
    http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/mathemati...s/ug/open_days <--- Just go anyway if you want. Think of it as the law of averages, seeing as I probably won't attend :P
    Thanks

I probably won't go either Its not really going to the open day I care about - more the fact that my application to Imperial seems to have vanished into thin air...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Beth1234)
    Thanks

I probably won't go either Its not really going to the open day I care about - more the fact that my application to Imperial seems to have vanished into thin air...
    March into their admissions office and ask them what kind of black magic they're trying to pull :P?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laughylolly)
    No offers yet =(, although no rejections yet either. Have any Scottish applicants got any offers yet? Or any IB students?
    No offers (or interviews, or interesting email s from universities except acknowledgements). And my form was processed 35 days ago. A friend who applied for maths got an unconditional from Glasgow before half-term, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laughylolly)
    No offers yet =(, although no rejections yet either. Have any Scottish applicants got any offers yet? Or any IB students?
    I'm still waiting too =/ I'm hoping to get a Warwick offer this week but I'm not holding my breath.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SParm)
    So, for those who are not going, you will just NOT register or send a mail stating that you won't be able to make it or just ignore?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    So, for those who are not going, you will just NOT register or send a mail stating that you won't be able to make it or just ignore?
    Just not sending them an email I guess :/...I doubt they'll want to know if you decide to not come from the outset. Only case I can see emailing them of your potential absence is when you've already said you're going but then something comes up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SParm)
    Just not sending them an email I guess :/...I doubt they'll want to know if you decide to not come from the outset. Only case I can see emailing them of your potential absence is when you've already said you're going but then something comes up.
    Thank you!

So just do nothing is your advise.

No need to register or respond is what you suggest.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Thank you!

So just do nothing is your advise.

No need to register or respond is what you suggest.
    Exactly ...but...uh...don't quote me on it if some angry officials from Imperial's Maths department come knocking at your door demanding why their favourite applicant didn't turn up

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.