Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The day of the UCL introduction on the 23rd November should prove interesting. Driving test in the morning, then quickly get to the train station, quick train to London, quick tube to Euston Square, quick run to the building we're meant to be in, hopefully get there on time. Do all that. Wait afterwards for 4 hours in cold, dark, possibly rainy London until the next cheap train home that I'm booked on to.

Yep, 23rd November looks like a laugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beth1234)
    If it reassures you - my application was sent on 12th Oct (to Cambridge, Imperial, UCL and Warwick), and I haven't had any offers yet. Imperial haven't even acknowledged my existence. I don't think I've seen anyone with offers who have applied post-12th Oct.

Fingers crossed we'll hear something really soon!
    Thankss!!

why did you applied just 4 not 5 ??

ReputationRep:
    Hee Hee I got Openday Invitation E-mail from Imperial as well!!! but my friend says it means 99% of offer if you go to the open day. And I think most of the applicants till now got offers cus most of the early applicants are ones who also apply to Oxbridge, which means they are strong applicants... so maybe not everyone of later applicants might get invitation e-mail. anyway, fingers crossed everyone!! looking forward to see you guys in the open day ! I already went to Imperial openday in Summer, but I will definitely go this open day again !! > < my dream school ♥ Waiting for Cambridge's interview e-mail haha. Good night!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamina93)
    Thankss!!

why did you applied just 4 not 5 ??
    I'm still not 100% sure of my fifth choice, so I've left it blank for now. There's a very high chance it'll be Bristol though

I still haven't got an open day invitation :cry: But it seems people age getting these invites at different times, so fingers crossed I get one soon...

ReputationRep:
    I'm still not 100% sure of my fifth choice, so I've left it blank for now. There's a very high chance it'll be Bristol though

I still haven't got an open day invitation :cry: But it seems people age getting these invites at different times, so fingers crossed I get one soon...
    Oh I see. :O ... Fingers crossed !! I think you'll get the invitation e-mail soon BTW, which college did you applied for Cambridge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mpc1)
    Have all of you (group of 23rd open day invitees) got your UCAS track updated with conditions?
    My UCAS haven't been updated yet, slightly worried! I wonder when the official offer would be coming.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I see. :O ... Fingers crossed !! I think you'll get the invitation e-mail soon BTW, which college did you applied for Cambridge?
    Magdalene college Yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Hee Hee I got Openday Invitation E-mail from Imperial as well!!! but my friend says it means 99% of offer if you go to the open day. And I think most of the applicants till now got offers cus most of the early applicants are ones who also apply to Oxbridge, which means they are strong applicants... so maybe not everyone of later applicants might get invitation e-mail. anyway, fingers crossed everyone!! looking forward to see you guys in the open day ! I already went to Imperial openday in Summer, but I will definitely go this open day again !! > < my dream school ♥ Waiting for Cambridge's interview e-mail haha. Good night!!

It seemed like a generic mail to all applicants. What can international invitees anyway do about this - they cannot go. Did not know it is sent to only the strong ones. (thought all received as mentioned in the below post)

(Original post by jamesjiang)
    all of the applicants received that emails and i don"t think all of applicants can be give an offer ....so it is not necessary...???

ReputationRep:
    You just want to compete with me. It's insane how competitive Bristol is. I would say that it no longer suffices to be predicted the standard offer to get an offer.

ReputationRep:
    Magdalene college Yourself?
    Queens! XD
    I haven't seen anyone who applied Queens. Do you know any?

ReputationRep:
    Queens! XD
    Deejay is (I believe)

ReputationRep:
    Queens! XD

me and someone else are.

did anyone by any chance recieve an email from warwick today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deejayy)
    me and someone else are.

regarding?

ReputationRep:
    me and someone else are.

Yes I did, it just says that STEP and AEA form part of the offer, and so does further maths. The degree is very competitive etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fGDu)
    Yes I did, it just says that STEP and AEA form part of the offer, and so does further maths. The degree is very competitive etc etc.
    Yeah, I was worried it was a, 'we've had a look at your application and decided we will wait till january to decide whether to let you in sort of thing'.

ReputationRep:
    me and someone else are.

Yeah I got this too...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edwin Okli)
    You just want to compete with me. It's insane how competitive Bristol is. I would say that it no longer suffices to be predicted the standard offer to get an offer.
    Yay for competition!

Yeah, Bristol is really really competitive in terms of applicant:intake ratio... Still, its standard offer is rather low compared to COWI, and I imaging most people applying will be predicted the standard offer.

ReputationRep:
    I can finally post in here without feeling like an imposter! My application was sent off today

Birmingham (G100)

Bath (G101)

Bristol
    Durham
    Nottingham (G103)

Does anyone know when these places are likely to start giving out offers (based on past years)/ if they have given out offers already?

ReputationRep:
    me and someone else are.

"Your application is currently being considered. Please note that as our Mathematics degree programmes are among Warwick’s most popular courses, and attract an exceptionally large volume of applications, it may take a little time for us to confirm a decision through UCAS. However, please be assured that we will confirm a decision as soon as we are able to."

Not sure if that's a bad sign or not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fGDu)
    Yeah, I was worried it was a, 'we've had a look at your application and decided we will wait till january to decide whether to let you in sort of thing'.
    Yeah I got this too...
    I remember receiving this last year. Then got an offer about 2 weeks later. It's just their way of keeping in touch, I wouldn't worry about it. It's more likely that they haven't had a chance to look at your application properly and get through the formalities of making an offer yet.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.