The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2620
Out of interest, have any resit applicants got an offer from Warwick yet?

As in, those who've done their A-Levels, but didn't get the A*A*A2 or whatever and so retaking again this year?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by hamina93
Maybe attending openday might help you to get offer earlier .. I guess
I think it won't be a disadvantage even you cannot go..

Do you know anything about UCL ?
Did they give openday invitation to everyone as imperial did?

hmm maybe, it does clash with the cambridge interview dates i have been given (if i get one) however...

UCL sent me an email asking me for me my UMS module scores but havent heard anything since, what about you?
Original post by lifesabeach

I have applied to imperial and got an invitation to the open day but everyone else did as well i think. I am from the North of England and i've already been to an open day, do you think it would put me at any disadvantage not going?

I haven't received anything from Imperial…
(except the acknowledgement)
Original post by Femto
"I note that you have indicated you have been granted ‘Indefinite Leave to Remain’ or have been granted the ‘Right of Abode’ in the UK by the UK government. Please can you forward a copy of your passport including the page with your Residence Permit and the relevant Home Office documents to the Undergraduate Admissions Team to verify this residential status. A scanned copy of these documents would be perfectly acceptable if this is easier for you to arrange."

From Warwick - wtf? I've lived in Britain all my life.

Interesting. Do you think that there was a mistake when you filled out your nationality or birth details on the UCAS form which got missed out whenever it was checked? Or perhaps it's just their mistake.

Either way, hit the gym, lawyer up and get UCAS/referee/Warwick on the line!
Reply 2624
Original post by officeface
Interesting. Do you think that there was a mistake when you filled out your nationality or birth details on the UCAS form which got missed out whenever it was checked? Or perhaps it's just their mistake.

Either way, hit the gym, lawyer up and get UCAS/referee/Warwick on the line!

I have not made a mistake, no. I checked my application about an hour ago and it says quite clearly that I am british and have lived here for the whole of my life. Besides, I have already got two offers from other universities and, had I have made a mistake, they'd be sure to pick up on it!

I've sent a reply email displaying my confusion anyway! If they don't respond within the next few days I'll ring them up and/or inform my referee.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Edwin Okli
I haven't received anything from Imperial…
(except the acknowledgement)

I dont know whether having G104 (study abroad) makes a difference as I have applied for G100.
It does say its the first of many and seems to be written as a generic email. hmm
Reply 2627
Just got an offer of G100 from Warwick (at 5.30 pm)!
Reply 2628
Anyone got acknowledgement from Nottingham or Birmingham here? :\
Reply 2629
Original post by lmq0209
Just got an offer of G100 from Warwick (at 5.30 pm)!

Wow congratsss !! T.T I havnt got any
what subjects did you do and What was your grades???
Reply 2630
I dont know whether having G104 (study abroad) makes a difference as I have applied for G100.
It does say its the first of many and seems to be written as a generic email. hmm

I sent e-mail to imperial yesterday and they said the email was sent to every maths applicants .
The thing is I saw some people who haven't got email....
What is true -.-
FINALLY got my UCL email thingy about open day thingy. Mine is on the 25th and the letter kinda implies they will give me an offer. What is everyone else thinking?
Reply 2632
Wow congratsss !! T.T I havnt got any
what subjects did you do and What was your grades???

Thanks!:smile: I am doing maths, fur.maths, physics and chemistry and got AAAA at AS and predicted 4A*s. Don't worry, hope yours are coming soon!
Original post by maths134
FINALLY got my UCL email thingy about open day thingy. Mine is on the 25th and the letter kinda implies they will give me an offer. What is everyone else thinking?

I got the letter through the post from them today, complete with a sheet of problems to solve! :smile: Should be interesting.

I think it means you have an offer. Mine says 'I have recommended to our Faculty Office that you be made an offer for a place. You may already have heard formally from the College and from UCAS in more detail ' which implies an offer as otherwise how would ucas know?
Reply 2635
hmm maybe, it does clash with the cambridge interview dates i have been given (if i get one) however...

UCL sent me an email asking me for me my UMS module scores but havent heard anything since, what about you?

Yes I got e mail about UMS modules but nothing else. some people started receiving invitation email from UCL but I haven't ...
Reply 2636
Yes I got e mail about UMS modules but nothing else. some people started receiving invitation email from UCL but I haven't ...

same :frown: only applied on Friday thought so I don't expect to that quickly I guess?
Reply 2637
Original post by lmq0209
Thanks!:smile: I am doing maths, fur.maths, physics and chemistry and got AAAA at AS and predicted 4A*s. Don't worry, hope yours are coming soon!

... I'm doing exactly same subjects and got exactly same grades and predictions but why I haven't got any email ...T.T
Aaarrrg maybe my PS is too rubbish or because I dun hav gcse results....
ffs, no UCL letter and no offers:frown:

ohhhh when did u send ur ucas? i want an offer :frown:

Latest