Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laughylolly)
    Oh okay. Well I'm the only person out of my year of 180 that's applied for Maths or even any sort of Maths course. No one has even applied for something with Maths (to my knowledge at least). They all think I'm crazy.
    haha :L I know there's one girl in my year applying for maths, and I imagine a few other people will take maths modules in first year anyway. But yeah, I was speaking to someone who left after S5 and is now in first year at Edinburgh doing English, and she looked disgusted that I was doing maths :P

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if anyone here would be interested, but here's all the OCR Maths past papers and solutions for every module, 2005-2011 -

http://www.mediafire.com/?kdtsa40p650h1gd

Just putting it here - probably the most likely place it'll be useful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xero Xenith)
    Not sure if anyone here would be interested, but here's all the OCR Maths past papers and solutions for every module, 2005-2011 -

http://www.mediafire.com/?kdtsa40p650h1gd

Just putting it here - probably the most likely place it'll be useful
    Edexcel is where it's at. On another note, 3 offers?! I think that's the most I've heard of anyone having currently.

It's annoying because I know someone who got an offer for G103 at Bath on Monday and he submitted his application the same day as me. I'm trying to convince myself that G104 is being processed separately. All excuses when in fact he has a better subject combination than me and better GCSE grades so probably more deserving of an offer.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Edwin Okli)
    Edexcel is where it's at. On another note, 3 offers?! I think that's the most I've heard of anyone having currently.

It's annoying because I know someone who got an offer for G103 at Bath on Monday and he submitted his application the same day as me. I'm trying to convince myself that G104 is being processed separately. All excuses when in fact he has a better subject combination than me and better GCSE grades so probably more deserving of an offer.
    When did you two submit your applications?

EDIT: How rude of me to just come out and ask that. Let me try again. Could you possibly tell me when you and your friend submitted your applications ? I'm not impatient on Bath as it's probably my last choice, but I would like to get an idea of when I can expect an offer/rejection, especially since I'm applying for G103 as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SParm)
    When did you two submit your applications?
    7th October.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deejayy)
    Just got an offer from warwick
    Lol same.

Nice
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    7th October.
    Hmmm...I submitted mine a few days earlier than that. Ah, well, patience IS a virtue after all .

Thanks for the info

ReputationRep:
    Warwick offer . At least that shows my UCAS wasn't that bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicMan)
    Warwick offer . At least that shows my UCAS wasn't that bad
    Congratulations !!
    When did you submit ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reminisce)
    Lol same.

Nice
    When did you submit...??

ReputationRep:
    Yeah same here... the wait is killing me. Once the first offer comes through I think I'll be fine but till then I'm refreshing my email every 5 seconds :L
    When did you submit ucas ??

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel is where it's at. On another note, 3 offers?! I think that's the most I've heard of anyone having currently. [snip]
    I've heard of someone having 4, which is a little crazy. I think I've got the most in my school, but there's some very modest people so I'm not sure.

(Original post by SParm)
    When did you two submit your applications? [snip]
    Mine went through on the 6th. I think Bath are still going through theirs; my friend got his Bath offer yesterday, I think? So don't give up
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I've heard of someone having 4, which is a little crazy. I think I've got the most in my school, but there's some very modest people so I'm not sure.

Mine went through on the 6th. I think Bath are still going through theirs; my friend got his Bath offer yesterday, I think? So don't give up
    Ah cheers for the info man, appreciate it .

On another note; which Unis have you had your offers from ?_? I've got the one from Warwick (It's my insurance though so...that was lucky )

On another ANOTHER note; those are some intimidating results you have right there. As much as I disagree with your opinion vis-a-vis King's vs. Robinson, a more selfish part of me (that part is the majority actually :/) is really glad you're not applying to the same college as me xD. I'm sure you'll get your offer in any case

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamina93)
    Same!!! I sent mine on 12th and ucas processed on 14th.
    so can we expect to get ones tomorrow or soon...?
    mine was processed on the same day...i didnt get it today (was hoping an offer to make my birthday perfect :P) but i really really hope i get one soon from anywhere...im so impatient

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SParm)
    Ah cheers for the info man, appreciate it .

On another note; which Unis have you had your offers from ?_? I've got the one from Warwick (It's my insurance though so...that was lucky )

On another ANOTHER note; those are some intimidating results you have right there. As much as I disagree with your opinion vis-a-vis King's vs. Robinson, a more selfish part of me (that part is the majority actually :/) is really glad you're not applying to the same college as me xD. I'm sure you'll get your offer in any case
    Click the spoiler thingy Bath, Warwick and Notts

Remember A-level results are far from everything! Why would they admit a Maths applicant on their Economics score? I'm still nervous... but I'm sure you'll be fine :hugs:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Click the spoiler thingy Bath, Warwick and Notts

Remember A-level results are far from everything! Why would they admit a Maths applicant on their Economics score? I'm still nervous... but I'm sure you'll be fine :hugs:
    At the risk of sounding like a fool; what's the spoiler thingy O.o? WHERE is it would be a better question in fact :P...

Oh, and I'm not too worried about. Hopefully my grades are enough to warrant an interview where they will see my borderline unhealthy love of maths

The comment about your grades was me trying to subtly commend your achievements ...though I'm guessing you knew that anyway :P

ReputationRep:
    When did you submit ucas ??
    Oct 7th (well it was received by all the uni's I applied to by then) so about 28 days ago.

Ah more people getting Warwick offers. Nothing for me yet =( I just keep telling myself it's cause I'm Scottish. Or maybe they are doing it alphabetically? My last name is nearer the end of the alphabet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SParm)
    At the risk of sounding like a fool; what's the spoiler thingy O.o? WHERE is it would be a better question in fact :P...

Oh, and I'm not too worried about. Hopefully my grades are enough to warrant an interview where they will see my borderline unhealthy love of maths

The comment about your grades was me trying to subtly commend your achievements ...though I'm guessing you knew that anyway :P
    In my sig, below the "UCAS 2012 Maths" thing, there's an orange spoiler button with my uni choices (sigs only appear on your first post of every page though, so it won't appear under this post.)

Borderline unhealthy? Borderline healthy more like. Those soulless wanderers without the slightest trace of differential equations in their lives are the unhealthy ones

Have you looked at STEP yet? I think it's fun once you realise it's not impossible

ReputationRep:
    Oct 7th (well it was received by all the uni's I applied to by then) so about 28 days ago.

Ah more people getting Warwick offers. Nothing for me yet =( I just keep telling myself it's cause I'm Scottish. Or maybe they are doing it alphabetically? My last name is nearer the end of the alphabet.
    Nice quote in your sig...Erdős!

ReputationRep:
    When did you submit...??
    Middle of the last week.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 31, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.