Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jameswhughes)
    Nice quote in your sig...Erdős!
    Haha, thanks =) Funny thing is... I don't really drink that much coffee - yet.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Xero Xenith)
    In my sig, below the "UCAS 2012 Maths" thing, there's an orange spoiler button with my uni choices (sigs only appear on your first post of every page though, so it won't appear under this post.)

Borderline unhealthy? Borderline healthy more like. Those soulless wanderers without the slightest trace of differential equations in their lives are the unhealthy ones

Have you looked at STEP yet? I think it's fun once you realise it's not impossible
    Be mine you beautiful person :P

I've been hitting the STEP papers hard. They have their own place in my computer, away from impure works like Chemistry

I say that as well actually :P...my friends complain about it, but I genuinely like the challenge and the new techniques you can learn simply by forcing yourself to do more past papers.

Do you have a certain strategy for the summer? Seeing as you can answer a total of 6 questions (and 4 done perfectly guarantees a 1- apparently), I've laid out a few topics I'll read up on so I can go into the STEP II and III exams in expectation that there will be at least four-six questions I am confident I can do to a good standard (namely; functions, differential equations, complex numbers, and integration, as well as bits of basic number theory I guess :P )

Confident about STEP 2 at least; I'm consistently answering 4-5 questions correctly each time ...STEP 3 will take more preparation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by like_a_star)
    mine was processed on the same day...i didnt get it today (was hoping an offer to make my birthday perfect :P) but i really really hope i get one soon from anywhere...im so impatient
    Happy birthday!!!
    And I haven't got any yet... And I'm impatient as well,
    So I'll ask you about the process everyday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laughylolly)
    Haha, thanks =) Funny thing is... I don't really drink that much coffee - yet.
    I usually drink it at home though I haven't had any since I got to university...in fact all my eating and drinking is rather messed up lately

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SParm)
    Be mine you beautiful person :P

I've been hitting the STEP papers hard. They have their own place in my computer, away from impure works like Chemistry

I say that as well actually :P...my friends complain about it, but I genuinely like the challenge and the new techniques you can learn simply by forcing yourself to do more past papers.

Do you have a certain strategy for the summer? Seeing as you can answer a total of 6 questions (and 4 done perfectly guarantees a 1- apparently), I've laid out a few topics I'll read up on so I can go into the STEP II and III exams in expectation that there will be at least four-six questions I am confident I can do to a good standard (namely; functions, differential equations, complex numbers, and integration, as well as bits of basic number theory I guess :P )

Confident about STEP 2 at least; I'm consistently answering 4-5 questions correctly each time ...STEP 3 will take more preparation
    That's extremely impressive! I think I could manage that on STEP 1, but STEP 2 is still pretty tricky for me. I've done some practise questions but not very many. I think I should sit down and do a timed STEP paper in exam conditions before the interview... so no strategy yet!

Gotta admit I'm kind of addicted to proofs though. I've been working on proving every result in the formula booklet, plus any ones I can think of. It's really interesting, but I have a long way to go
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Xero Xenith)
    That's extremely impressive! I think I could manage that on STEP 1, but STEP 2 is still pretty tricky for me. I've done some practise questions but not very many. I think I should sit down and do a timed STEP paper in exam conditions before the interview... so no strategy yet!

Gotta admit I'm kind of addicted to proofs though. I've been working on proving every result in the formula booklet, plus any ones I can think of. It's really interesting, but I have a long way to go
    Ah thank you very much

To be fair the proofs are the ones I like to hunt down; 'cos then at least you know you've got the answer right :banana:

ReputationRep:
    Conditional from Bristol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamina93)
    Happy birthday!!!
    And I haven't got any yet... And I'm impatient as well,
    So I'll ask you about the process everyday
    thanks haha deal...we can be impatient together

(Original post by actuarialmaestro:p)
    Conditional from Bristol
    congrats!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamina93)
    Congratulations !!
    When did you submit ??
    I think it went through on the 11th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by actuarialmaestro:p)
    Conditional from Bristol
    Congratulations! What specific course is it and what are the requirements? Also, how long ago was your application submitted? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    just got UCAS track update notification

Imperial College London G100
    A*A* in Fmaths Maths
    AA in econs physics

so, UCL and ICL offered. left Kings Cambridge and LSE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quest_5692)

A*A* in Fmaths Maths
    AA in econs physics

congratulations! when did you submit your ucas?

ReputationRep:

A*A* in Fmaths Maths
    AA in econs physics

Congrats

4 A levels, wow they are stingy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theharrovian)
    Noticed you got a S in the 2011 paper, impressive, that's supposed to be a really tough one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    Noticed you got a S in the 2011 paper, impressive, that's supposed to be a really tough one!
    thank you. admittedly, i got very lucky though, i only completed 4 and a half questions and got 90 marks, despite answering one question using the completely wrong method... i was expected a 1 or a 2 so the S was a very nice surprise

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Warwick too!!! So happy! A*A*A with 2 in a step paper or distinction in Advanced Extension Award!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by officeface)
    Congratulations! What specific course is it and what are the requirements? Also, how long ago was your application submitted? Thanks
    Thanks!

4 year Masters course I think,,,, code g103 i guess.

Requirements: AAA with math,further math and another in either physics or economics or electronics. ( basically for August 2012 AA only coz I have A* in Math)

Application on EXACTLY 15 October.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theharrovian)
    20 september

im intl' applicant tho

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone create mathematics offers 2012 page ...?? Like law and English subject ppl do? (I want to but I don't know how to)

ReputationRep:

A*A* in Fmaths Maths
    AA in econs physics

congratulations on your offers! Goodluck with the rest. Seems Imperial is sending out offers in the late nights.

for UCL offer - in the UCAS is there something like "see also letter from institution". If yes, does this mean there will be a letter with additional conditions other than what is seen in UCAS?

thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.