(Original post by TheMagicMan)
    Congrats
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Imperial for G104

A*A*AA, yep 4 A levels, I personally think that's a bit ridiculous :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1992)
    You are applying for G101, right? I applied for G102, so don't be paranoid, I am sure you will get an offer soon
    what exactly is the difference between G101 and G102. Both are 5 years degree in Mathematics, right?

Congratulations on your offer for G102!! Is this a 5 year degree? Are you an international or a matured applicant? What are your conditions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dnumberwang)

Wow!! When did you get this offer? At this time??

When did you send out your UCAS?

ReputationRep:

WELL DONE! 4 alevels or 3 with step i guess? your doing 4....trust its better! if you get a cambz offer (if you have applied)...imperial can be a nice insurance

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

(Original post by new123)
    Wow!! When did you get this offer? At this time??

When did you send out your UCAS?
    Yeah, track updated at 10:30 pm. Silly Imperial

28th September

(Original post by Rahul.S)
    WELL DONE! 4 alevels or 3 with step i guess? your doing 4....trust its better! if you get a cambz offer (if you have applied)...imperial can be a nice insurance
    I am not going to get an A in economics :lol: I mean, essays, what the hell are they?

ReputationRep:
    what exactly is the difference between G101 and G102. Both are 5 years degree in Mathematics, right?

Congratulations on your offer for G102!! Is this a 5 year degree? Are you an international or a matured applicant? What are your conditions?
    "MMath (G101) is a challenging five year programme for students who may want to apply advanced mathematics in their careers. The final year of study is at masters level. The BSc is our standard undergraduate four-year degree. Switching between BSc and MMath is possible until the fourth year.

The MA (G102) is the historic name for the undergraduate Scottish Arts degree. Our MA Mathematics is very similar to the BSc Mathematics degree except that there is an additional requirement: in your first two years you study also a coherent programme of courses in the College of Humanities and Social Science".

I am an international student, finished my A levels, but got C in Economics. So the condition is A in Economics.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

28th September

I am not going to get an A in economics :lol: I mean, essays, what the hell are they?
    :/ didn't you apply for maths :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1992)
    "MMath (G101) is a challenging five year programme for students who may want to apply advanced mathematics in their careers. The final year of study is at masters level. The BSc is our standard undergraduate four-year degree. Switching between BSc and MMath is possible until the fourth year.

The MA (G102) is the historic name for the undergraduate Scottish Arts degree. Our MA Mathematics is very similar to the BSc Mathematics degree except that there is an additional requirement: in your first two years you study also a coherent programme of courses in the College of Humanities and Social Science".

I am an international student, finished my A levels, but got C in Economics. So the condition is A in Economics.
    So, do you have to appear for the Economics Exam? Since you are done with highschool, will you be again taking the exam to fulfill this condition? Is the condition A in economics for a 5 year Maths degree? Any english requirement exam was asked??

IS G102 a 5 year course at Edinburgh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rahul.S)
    :/ didn't you apply for maths :confused:
    yeah, economics is my 4th A level which they want an A in

ReputationRep:
    yeah, economics is my 4th A level which they want an A in
    o wow...they specified when giving 4 a level offers lol....im sure you can get A in economics just work that bit harder

ReputationRep:

Congratulations, probably better than an offer with STEP, right?

ReputationRep:
    So, do you have to appear for the Economics Exam? Since you are done with highschool, will you be again taking the exam to fulfill this condition? Is the condition A in economics for a 5 year Maths degree? Any english requirement exam was asked??

IS G102 a 5 year course at Edinburgh?
    G102 is a 4 year course. Yes, yes, no, yes - IELTS 6.5, I think or TOEFL iBT 92.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fGDu)
    Congratulations, probably better than an offer with STEP, right?
    Maybe, but my 4th A Level is economics, so... essays

I'll just have to get an Oxford offer then, oh hi I'm competing with you directly :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

28th September

I saw this and thought "oh my god!" *checks track* Nothing. Quelle surprise…
    Edit: forgot to congratulate. Congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe, but my 4th A Level is economics, so... essays

I'll just have to get an Oxford offer then, oh hi I'm competing with you directly :awesome:
    Yes and no because if we are both good enough then we should both in theory be put somewhere in Oxford. I might see you at some point (if I get an interview :doh:), I'll know it's you because you have a picture on your twitter.

ReputationRep:
    My friend has three offers already for math with economics/finance!

ReputationRep:

Same here, the offer came at exactly 10:30 too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by safmaster)
    Same here, the offer came at exactly 10:30 too.
    Congratulations! :woo:

When did you send your application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beth1234)
    Congratulations! :woo:

When did you send your application?
    26th September.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.