Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jameswhughes)
    Not too bad...

Spoiler:
    Show
    4 Golds, BMO1 in 2008 and 2010 :woo:
    LOL NICE. Man I have two golds in two attempts to date, I really wanted my final shot to be a BMO1, alas it wasn't to be.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone wants to share answers for maths challenge feel free to post I need some confidence of going to the next round

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jameswhughes)
    Not too bad...

Spoiler:
    Show
    4 Golds, BMO1 in 2008 and 2010 :woo:
    How did you do on BMO1

I got in last year, got 6/60

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    LOL NICE. Man I have two golds in two attempts to date, I really wanted my final shot to be a BMO1, alas it wasn't to be.
    Ah, don't worry about it, I'm sure you've done well

(Original post by dnumberwang)
    How did you do on BMO1

Nothing great, I think I got something like 17 in 2008 and similar last year...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    I do indeed. But I dont know how to scan it I will give it to a friend who can tommorow! How were your past attempts?
    What did you get for your last 5 answers e hardest ones

ReputationRep:
    maths challenge went well for me, answered 22 questions and left out 3, but slightly disappointed because last year got 23 right. bring on senior team maths challenge then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdullah CEO)
    What did you get for your last 5 answers e hardest ones
    you're not allowed to talk about specific questions until tomorrow due to time zone differences, UKMT rule

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theharrovian)
    you're not allowed to talk about specific questions until tomorrow due to time zone differences, UKMT rule
    Oh alright sorry bro, just curious wanna know how I did, I wanna get through to e next round hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdullah CEO)
    Oh alright sorry bro, just curious wanna know how I did, I wanna get through to e next round hopefully.
    well if you got around 18 right i'd expect you to get through to the next round.

ReputationRep:
    I got 640 for the first. But hush, should we be dicussing this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edwin Okli)
    I got 640 for the first. But hush, should we be dicussing this?
    No, you shouldn't. so don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dnumberwang)
    How did you do on BMO1

Nice...you may well have done above average as BMO1 goes though..if you got 6 in BMO2 you would be well above the average at least

ReputationRep:
    Yes, thanks for posting this. :yy:

No discussion here of specifics until tomorrow, please.

ReputationRep:
    I've got a thread going related to my extended project - 'Is zero a number?'
    If you could go on my thread and express your opinions or just vote on the poll it would be much appreciated.
    Thought you lot would be suitable people to ask as you are applying for maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicMan)
    Nice...you may well have done above average as BMO1 goes though..if you got 6 in BMO2 you would be well above the average at least
    Yep. Quite proud of my 10/40 on BMO2. Geometry saved the day that time. Whether I can fluke another BMO2 qualification and a complete solution this year is another story though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twig)
    Yep. Quite proud of my 10/40 on BMO2. Geometry saved the day that time. Whether I can fluke another BMO2 qualification and a complete solution this year is another story though...
    Q2 was my question of pride last year

ReputationRep:
    maths challenge went well for me, answered 22 questions and left out 3, but slightly disappointed because last year got 23 right. bring on senior team maths challenge then!
    Properly answered around 21/22, and then guessed the remaining three as it is my last time (and fluking a 125 would be nice).

ReputationRep:
    do you think all Cambridge maths applicants will qualify BMO?
    Tbh I messed up today's one. I answered 21and I thought it was quite easy (last year I got 94). And I expected to achieve 109 today's one when I just finished it, but I made silly mistakes in the first page and shxx I got 89....... I'm. really embarrassed . I hav no hope for BMO now..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamina93)
    Tbh I messed up today's one. I answered 21and I thought it was quite easy (last year I got 94). And I expected to achieve 109 today's one when I just finished it, but I made silly mistakes in the first page and shxx I got 89....... I'm. really embarrassed . I hav no hope for BMO now..
    if you really want to sit BMO you can pay to do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamina93)
    No, don't be silly

Cambridge quite like Maths Challenge, but it's a different style to uni maths so no worries if you don't do amazingly well. Obviously it can't hurt to get a great score, but I think they put far more weight on the interview and A-levels.

Also remember that 40% of applicants get an offer, so once you take out the people who don't really know what's going on, the chances are probably with you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 31, 2013
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.