The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zuzuzu
My tutor at UCL knew that me and another lad in my tutorial group had taken STEP.

Did you list it on your UCAS form when you applied as an extra qualification that was pending?
Original post by dom bradbury
Has anybody heard anything from Durham yet? They are supposed to ''email all applicants to request UMS marks for all mathematics modules taken so far'' but they haven't emailed me yet. I'd have thought they'd have done that by now, as I applied like a month ago. Also, anyone been there? is it nice?

No, nothing yet. Maybe they are just waiting for a few for applications before they start sending them out (makes it easier for them maybe?). I've been there, it's loveely. I went to a Maths course there this summer. Stayed in Grey college and just fell in love with the place. The tutor/lecturer we had was amazing, was funny too. Maths department doesn't look all very shiny and cool but it's nice and everyone seemed really nice/welcoming.
Original post by Zuzuzu

Original post by Zuzuzu
My tutor at UCL knew that me and another lad in my tutorial group had taken STEP.

Ah, ok. I guess it shows up on your thing with your A-Level results...though for some reason schools can't see the results directly, the only possible way to get them is online on results day :indiff: strange.
Original post by laughylolly
No, nothing yet. Maybe they are just waiting for a few for applications before they start sending them out (makes it easier for them maybe?). I've been there, it's loveely. I went to a Maths course there this summer. Stayed in Grey college and just fell in love with the place. The tutor/lecturer we had was amazing, was funny too. Maths department doesn't look all very shiny and cool but it's nice and everyone seemed really nice/welcoming.

Well at least there is some relief in hearing nobody else has heard from them yet! Yeah I guess they must be. Awesome! I'd have gone to an open day but the rail fares are so damn expensive, sounds cool though. Hopefully they'll have open days in new year for people with offers.
Reply 3044
Original post by ben-smith
YESSSSSSSS! Offer from Kings!

What time do they send e-mail when they notice an offer?
Original post by hamina93
What time do they send e-mail when they notice an offer?

I got the email at 7:30.
Reply 3046
Can anybody comment on me...?
I'm an international student who came here last year, so I dun have gcse.
But I got 4As in maths further maths physics and chemistry
and 4A*s for prediction .
And my maths ums is 596/600.....
Also my ums average for all alevel subjects is 95~96%

Applied to Cambridge queens college, imperial, ucl, warwick and kings college. Ucas processed on 14th Oct.

And......I haven't got any offers
I'm so worried now....

Do you think there's problem to my application.....
Or my personal statement or reference might be so poor?
Or because I don't have gcse....??

I'm almost crying ! T-T
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Standard :smile: You think you got it bad, my UCAS hasn't even been processed yet LOL.

ouch, how come?
Original post by hamina93
Can anybody comment on me...?
I'm an international student who came here last year, so I dun have gcse.
But I got 4As in maths further maths physics and chemistry
and 4A*s for prediction .
And my maths ums is 596/600.....
Also my ums average for all alevel subjects is 95~96%

Applied to Cambridge queens college, imperial, ucl, warwick and kings college. Ucas processed on 14th Oct.

And......I haven't got any offers
I'm so worried now....

Do you think there's problem to my application.....
Or my personal statement or reference might be so poor?
Or because I don't have gcse....??

I'm almost crying ! T-T

You look like a very strong applicant. Give it a bit more time and you should expect the replies to roll in. Many applications are held until January for equal opportunity purposes so chances are yours may not have been looked at yet.
Reply 3049
Offer from Imperial for Maths with a year in europe (G104) :ahee:
Original post by xmusicx

Well done :five:

Does your offer have insane conditions like mine? Oh and where would you do the year in Europe :tongue: I think I'd go to Berlin.
Reply 3051
Original post by hassi94
Did you list it on your UCAS form when you applied as an extra qualification that was pending?

No.
Original post by xmusicx

Original post by xmusicx

Not another one... when did you submit your application?
Edit: looked through your previous posts, so I haven't been neglected quite yet. I'll start feeling neglected when people who submitted their applications after me get offers. Edwin will be :frown:.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3053
Original post by officeface
Yep, so definite letter from UCL's admissions team came through today - A*AA with A*A in Maths/Further Maths (order doesn't seem to matter according to it - but I already have the A* in Maths so never mind ^_^) and compulsory introductory day. Nice to finally see it officially rather than the recommendation from the maths department!

Was the definite letter sent by general admissions dept?

If the official letter is not received yet, any idea who should be contacted?

thank you
Original post by hassi94
I applied for Maths w/ Economics at LSE - straight maths everywhere else. They say they don't expect you to mention economics at all in your personal statement since they know you may well be applying for straight maths at all your other universities. I didn't even slightly mention it.

exactly the same for me.
For Warwick offer holders/applicants:

For the STEP requirement is it just grade 2 on one STEP paper or on two STEP papers?
Reply 3056
Original post by quest_5692
exactly the same for me.

did you apply for all 3 year courses or 4 year degree courses? Are 4 year degree courses in Imperial, UCL, KCL etc more recognized elsewhere than the 3 year ones?

any offers from LSE across TSR so far?
For Warwick offer holders/applicants:

For the STEP requirement is it just grade 2 on one STEP paper or on two STEP papers?

I think it's on one paper, not sure though.
Original post by derangedyoshi
I think it's on one paper, not sure though.

Might email them to double check or see if any past applicants know??
Might email them to double check or see if any past applicants know??

It's one paper.

Latest