Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben-smith)
    My friends did. Did you?
    Yeah

There were like 50 of us at my school: they kind of sprang it on us earlier this week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicMan)
    Yeah

There were like 50 of us at my school: they kind of sprang it on us earlier this week.
    In general, how was it?
    Was there something about estimating the number of stars in the universe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jameswhughes)
    I'm not sure about that...don't know about the entire university, but for maths there's certainly a lot more boys than girls...I haven't got any yet either
    you dont have to if your girl is the girl in your signature

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben-smith)
    In general, how was it?
    Was there something about estimating the number of stars in the universe?
    It didn't go too badly. I'd never heard of it before Tuesday so I really couldn't say what counts as a decent mark, but if I had to guess mine I'd say about 70/80 out of 100.

Yeah there was something about estimating the stars but that wasn't one of the questions I chose to do. The lack of a formula booklet ruled that out as I didn't know the stuff for that Q.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah

What school do you go to?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcus2001)
    What school do you go to?!
    A big public school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rahul.S)
    nice.....i heard the girl:boy ratio in warwick is insanely high....is that true? if it is....how many girls have you drawn if any?
    oooh mans is interested now you kno

ReputationRep:
    Notts is 4:1, SNM!

ReputationRep:
    Haha...wishful thinking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    Notts is 4:1, SNM!
    warwick is 5:1 :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jampolo)
    oooh mans is interested now you kno
    :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else got an interview in manchester on thursday!??

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Im not applying to uni this year (Im in year 12). I have a questions about further maths; I hope to definitely apply to Cambridge and Warwick next year, and probably Imperial, however my school does further maths differently (AFAIK)- this year I will do a full A Level in single maths as opposed to an as level in maths and an as level in further maths, and I will do full A Level further maths next year (OCR). Will this be a problem with the unis I mentioned??
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asd123999)
    Will this be a problem with the unis I mentioned??
    No, your situation is very common.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beth1234)
    Didn't get the Open Day invitation either... hence, I'm pretty worried

Application was processed 12th Oct.
    I would recommend you to call Ucas on Monday; just check if there's anything wrong
    I sent Ucas at same day with you.
    Imperial said they will send openday invitation to every applicant

ReputationRep:
    Same here

Did anyone do the physics olympiad?
    I did. It was waste of time..........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamina93)
    I did. It was waste of time..........
    I missed 4 lessons because of it!---->definitely not a waste of time

How do you think you did?

ReputationRep:
    A big public school

If you think that's impressive, consider this:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    96 people from my school (out of \approx 260) got an oxbridge offer
    :eek:That's madness, no one has gotten into Oxbridge from my school in about 4-5 years I think.. What school is it? Send me a message if you don't want to say on here..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcus2001)
    :eek:That's madness, no one has gotten into Oxbridge from my school in about 4-5 years I think.. What school is it? Send me a message if you don't want to say on here..
    i think i know what school he goes to, four letters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asd123999)
    Hi, Im not applying to uni this year (Im in year 12). I have a questions about further maths; I hope to definitely apply to Cambridge and Warwick next year, and probably Imperial, however my school does further maths differently (AFAIK)- this year I will do a full A Level in single maths as opposed to an as level in maths and an as level in further maths, and I will do full A Level further maths next year (OCR). Will this be a problem with the unis I mentioned??
    Thanks
    No, plenty of schools do it like that, a minority, but a sizable proportion. My college does it the same as yours, and I have applied to Cambridge and Warwick for Maths like you will next year. I've got an offer from Warwick so far, so it won't be a problem for those unis. It looks good if you already have an A* in maths, as it shows you have done well in C3 and C4, which are harder than many of the AS modules. Some unis don't like you not to have done all your A-levels in one sitting, Edinburgh i think care, but the ones you mentioned don't. So yeah, it's no problem at all, it's fairly common in large sixth form colleges like mine.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 31, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.