The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BeccaCath94
I got my first offer for Heriot watt G1R2 today :biggrin: :biggrin: (maths with german)

But heriot-watt isnt on the list for the maths offers page :frown:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Mathematics_Offers_2012

Add it in then.

:colone:
got offers from both Warwick and Manchester!!
have any of you guys thought about going on the student room ski trip next year, the first week of easter? i really want to go but there is only one little thing at the back of my mind stopping me booking right now: I may have to sit STEP if I get an offer from Cambridge or possibly one from Imperial if they offer me a place. I struggle with STEP 1 questions at the moment although I have only done a little bit of C4 because of the way my school offers A level/further maths. I know I will need as much time to prefer as possible so what do you guys think?
Original post by jilebinator

Congrats!!
Original post by laughylolly
Congrats!!

thank you :smile:
Original post by tehforum
Add it in then.

:colone:

How? :frown:
Just got an offer from Manchester
Original post by TheJ0ker

Well done! :biggrin:
Ah, okay. Wow then. I didn't know the ratio was like that, wow. I don't know if that's a good thing or bad a thing. Don't really mind though at the moment. At my school there's at least 2 boys : 1 girl and most my classes it's around 5 or 6 guys : 1 girl so.

In my Physics class there are 11 boys or so and one girl :P

The rest of them are more normal though :L

ahh same :five:

A*BB. Compared to Imperial...
Reply 3190
Original post by derangedyoshi

No girls in my physics class; or my chemistry one; or my maths one actually O.o.

Although tbf I go to an All Boys' School. That might be why I reckon...

My physics class has 15 boys and 4 girls. And on Wednesday all the girls except me will be out of school doing their investigation experiments, so I'll be all alone. :frown:

Original post by jilebinator

Well done! Did you have to go to an interview/ visiting day for manchester?

In my Physics class there is two girls (including myself) and 8 or 9 guys. In my Stats class it's just me and two guys and in my Maths class there are 4 girls (including myself) and 7 guys. My physics class last year was worse. Was like 2 girls (including myself) and at least 14 guys.
Original post by dnumberwang
ahh same :five:

A*BB. Compared to Imperial...

?! They gave A*BB?! That's awesome!
In my Physics class there is two girls (including myself) and 8 or 9 guys. In my Stats class it's just me and two guys and in my Maths class there are 4 girls (including myself) and 7 guys. My physics class last year was worse. Was like 2 girls (including myself) and at least 14 guys.

In my physics class there are 23 guys and 1 girl!

Well done!! :smile: when did you have an interview?
Original post by anyone_can_fly
My physics class has 15 boys and 4 girls. And on Wednesday all the girls except me will be out of school doing their investigation experiments, so I'll be all alone. :frown:

I'm intimidated by the fact that people are starting their physics investigations... I barely know what mine is about. Just a distraction from maths...

Unlucky :L every year in physics there seems to be at least one class where there are 1 or 2 girls. In my Int 2 Physics class there were only 2 girls and loads of boys. Higher was a bit more even. But apart from Physics my classes this year aren't too unbalanced: 4 girls and 10 guys in Maths (the other maths set actually has more girls than boys though :redface: ) and 3 girls and 9 boys in Chemistry. Actually that's worse than I realised... not too bad though :P
Original post by dom bradbury
Well done! Did you have to go to an interview/ visiting day for manchester?

yeh.
they asked me a proof question. it wasnt that bad.
Original post by dom bradbury
In my physics class there are 23 guys and 1 girl!

Oh wow! I don't know if mind being that one girl or not.

I'm intimidated by the fact that people are starting their physics investigations... I barely know what mine is about. Just a distraction from maths...

Unlucky :L every year in physics there seems to be at least one class where there are 1 or 2 girls. In my Int 2 Physics class there were only 2 girls and loads of boys. Higher was a bit more even. But apart from Physics my classes this year aren't too unbalanced: 4 girls and 10 guys in Maths (the other maths set actually has more girls than boys though :redface: ) and 3 girls and 9 boys in Chemistry. Actually that's worse than I realised... not too bad though :P

Same! I have like no idea what I'm doing. Well I do, pretty much but I just need to get all the equipment sorted out and do all this health and safety stuff cause I've chosen a radioactivity investigation :P I just hope I get some good results.

H Chem last year it was just me one other girl and then around 10/11 guys. Was alright though. I was new to my school last year though and I found it kinda hard to make any friends with girls at first cause there were hardly any girls in my classes. Better now though =)

Latest