The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3220
got an offer from nottingham today :biggrin: just need to get the grades!
Original post by ben-smith
I was sad to hear M6 no longer exists:frown:

One of my teachers is well-known for having got 100 in M6 :wink:
I was sad to hear M6 no longer exists:frown:

M5 ftw! :biggrin: btw, are you taking it? (june or jan)
Anybody received anymore emails from Durham yet (concerning UMS / higher bands) ??
Original post by actuarialmaestro:p

[QUOTE=actuarialmaestro[excludedFace]tongue[/excludedFace];34931071]M5 ftw! :biggrin: btw, are you taking it? (june or jan)

there is no M5 in jan...
Original post by actuarialmaestro:p
M5 ftw! :biggrin: btw, are you taking it? (june or jan)

Yes. In June.
Original post by laughylolly
Same! I have like no idea what I'm doing. Well I do, pretty much but I just need to get all the equipment sorted out and do all this health and safety stuff cause I've chosen a radioactivity investigation :P I just hope I get some good results.

Original post by anyone_can_fly
Yep, our school seems pretty organised about physics. Can't say I am, though. I know the topic I'm doing it on, and have ideas about the different experiments but couldn't possibly start it soon. And we need a first draft of the whole thing as soon as we come back after Christmas! :eek4: So I'd better get a move on. I hate experiments, they never work and they're pointless because you can just prove things mathematically anyway.

I'm reassured by the lack of certainty you guys are showing :L ironically, I've already done 2 periods of work on my chemistry one and I have a pretty good plan for the next few weeks, and I like physics much more than chemistry... my physics teacher's not been much help. It's all just a distraction from maths anyway... :L
Original post by Jampolo
OMGGG rahul i need help sending an F64 for my bitch of an ex. Come jam we'll write some bars.. you in?

yh defo im in......when you want to do it? :colone: i got a studio in east and can get the tune uploaded by sbtv or played on bbc :biggrin:
Original post by derangedyoshi
I'm reassured by the lack of certainty you guys are showing :L ironically, I've already done 2 periods of work on my chemistry one and I have a pretty good plan for the next few weeks, and I like physics much more than chemistry... my physics teacher's not been much help. It's all just a distraction from maths anyway... :L

Maths is very distracting... I've going to be starting my Stats investigation soon too. Luckily we are given the investigation and aren't allowed to choose. Helps in some ways...

I have physics investigation periods tomorrow so hopefully I'll be able to get more stuff sorted out. Been drawing pretty little diagrams of equipment I need/need built etc.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Rahul.S
yh defo im in......when you want to do it? :colone: i got a studio in east and can get the tune uploaded by sbtv or played on bbc :biggrin:

loool loving your sig btw.

Ah im so angry man should be in the H&R forum right now on an anonymous ting. trying to write some bars down now, all i can think of is that ****ty Eamon tune that he wrote about his ex hahahaha
Original post by Jampolo
loool loving your sig btw.

Ah im so angry man should be in the H&R forum right now on an anonymous ting. trying to write some bars down now, all i can think of is that ****ty Eamon tune that he wrote about his ex hahahaha

yh my sig is sexy :sexface:

umm http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcHahe3smaI this is quite good stuff :colone:
Anybody received anymore emails from Durham yet (concerning UMS / higher bands) ??

Well I haven't, last I heard was confirmation
Original post by lifesabeach
Well I haven't, last I heard was confirmation

Hmm... they are taking their time. Maybe they aren't gonna send them out till Dec/Jan. As far as I know they will still be asking for them "/
Reply 3233
Had two more offers in the past couple of days! :biggrin:

Bath; A (in Further Maths), B and 2 in STEP.
Southampton, AAB :tongue:

Well, there's my back-ups sorted! :smile:
Maths is very distracting... I've going to be starting my Stats investigation soon too. Luckily we are given the investigation and aren't allowed to choose. Helps in some ways...

I have physics investigation periods tomorrow so hopefully I'll be able to get more stuff sorted out. Been drawing pretty little diagrams of equipment I need/need built etc.

You do an investigation for applied maths?! So jealous... the head of maths at my school did his PhD in group theory so he hates applied maths, he refuses to teach it :P
Original post by derangedyoshi
You do an investigation for applied maths?! So jealous... the head of maths at my school did his PhD in group theory so he hates applied maths, he refuses to teach it :P

Yeah. We have like two investigations that we have to pass (a bit like NAB's I guess but we have NAB's as well). Not really sure what it will entail yet but hopefully will find out next week. I don't know if AH AM-Mechanics do investigations but Stats does. I love stats, I find that there's a lot more problem solving in stats (even when doing text book work). Hopefully will take up quite a few Stats/probability modules at uni. We have a very small class too (only me and two guys). It's sometimes too small but it's alright. They both are applying for economics though, so don't quite share the love for maths that I have :L
im applying for maths and economics at UCL. i hear they are inviting applicants for an open day friday next week. sent in my application just over 3 weeks ago. does anyone know if theyve stopped inviting to come on the 25th and will invite those who applied later on a different date?
Original post by ms93
I got my offer from Nottingham today too, SO HAPPY =D

Congratulations! Did you apply for the three year course (just wondering why we got different offers)
Yes. In June.

aqa?
Yeah. We have like two investigations that we have to pass (a bit like NAB's I guess but we have NAB's as well). Not really sure what it will entail yet but hopefully will find out next week. I don't know if AH AM-Mechanics do investigations but Stats does. I love stats, I find that there's a lot more problem solving in stats (even when doing text book work). Hopefully will take up quite a few Stats/probability modules at uni. We have a very small class too (only me and two guys). It's sometimes too small but it's alright. They both are applying for economics though, so don't quite share the love for maths that I have :L

I'm so jealous, I need more maths in my timetable! bearing in mind my helping out in an s3 class and all the maths I do in my free periods I probably have more maths than anyone else in my school, but still... one can never have enough maths :P I think I bemuse my friends with my love of maths. :L

Latest