Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r_u_t_h)
    Well it was just always a thought, oh maybe I could apply, but I never really thought about it properly till after I got my Higher results. Hardly anyone applies down South at my school, never mind Oxbridge etc! Yeah, so I missed all the open days but went down and visited and stuff, picked a college and applied. And then I got an interview, and then an offer. Mega stunned doesn't describe it! I really only applied so as I wouldn't regret not doing so, I never thought I'd actually get this far with it!

Oh. I seemed to think it was the word for loud... My piano playing days are looong gone!
    Well done for it anyway!
    Forte is the word for loud, piano is the word for soft. When the piano was invented in the eighteenth century, it could do dynamics (softs and louds), unlike its predecessor, the harpsichord. So it was named a 'pianoforte', or 'soft-loud'. :grin:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeccaCath94)
    REALLY?! Wow!! What a coincidence!! What secondary school did you go to?
    What're you studying there?

Yh I dont think im going to go anymore though...my mum said it'll be too expensive to live in london...
    I used to go to manor school then went to york college. currently in my second year of a geology/geopraphy degree and loving it! Hope you enjoy wherever you choose!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmoorcroft)
    I used to go to manor school then went to york college. currently in my second year of a geology/geopraphy degree and loving it! Hope you enjoy wherever you choose!
    Ahh...Im at Fulford from yr7-13...aww thank you!! I would be doing German and/or maths if i came so...

ReputationRep:
    I'm going on the royal holloway headstart too looking forward to it! just have to get ASs out the way first...

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applying for Math and Econ at LSE?

ReputationRep:
    Dear All,
    I have just noticed the following change in my mathematics PGCE application status:

Decision: Stop
    Offer text: Pending exam grades/fee status

I am inclined to believe that some of you might have received the same notification in the past.Could you please let me know what this means?

Could one guess be that this is a conditional offer?

Thank you in advance..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by /raees.rahim)
    Anyone applying for Math and Econ at LSE?
    Me, probably. went to the open day and liked it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben-smith)
    Me, probably. went to the open day and liked it.
    Any idea how competitive it is compared to maths at imperial or maths with econ at ucl?

ReputationRep:
    Any idea how competitive it is compared to maths at imperial or maths with econ at ucl?
    http://www2.lse.ac.uk/study/undergra...thematics.aspx

Take from that what you like.

ReputationRep:
    More competitive than maths at Imperial and UCL. Make sure your GCSEs are top notch for LSE before applying.

ReputationRep:
    Lady from LSE came to my school and said that GCSEs aren't important just as long as you have a few A*/A, but she also said if you only have 3 A2 levels that include maths and further maths it may bot be sufficient for the top degrees, e.g. economics and mathematics.

ReputationRep:
    everyone looking forward to warwick open day tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IcedTea&PotNoodle)
    everyone looking forward to oxford open day tomorrow?
    fixed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dnumberwang)
    fixed
    haha, took me like a whole minute to work out what you meant.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else going to be revising tomorrow and not gadding about at open days?

ReputationRep:
    anyone going to cambridge?

ReputationRep:
    Im going =D Clare

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovedubstep)
    anyone going to cambridge?
    moi, but on the 14th

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I'm a student at Bath Uni and a couple of my friends have just finished writing a guide to University Maths aimed at 6th form students. It's pretty comprehensive and I thought it might be something you might find useful in preparing for interviews or STEP papers:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/TheMathsSquare

or if you don't have facebook you can access the pdf at http://people.bath.ac.uk/sjk25/TMS.pdf

Hope you find it useful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maths134)
    Im going =D Clare
    Have a good day?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.