Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liyanajamain)
    Does anyone know what to wear to the UCL introductory day to maths dept? is it a formal visit or can i wear jeans with a sweater? im so confused
    Yeh I went. A few people wore like suits and stuff. I just wore a top, hoodie and jeans with a nice hat =p. I don't think it matters lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1992)
    Offer from Durham!!!!!!!!!!!
    Already? Wow! Congrats. I'm still waiting to hear from them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1992)
    Offer from Durham!!!!!!!!!!!
    Congratulations, when did you send in your ucas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maths134)
    Yeh I went. A few people wore like suits and stuff. I just wore a top, hoodie and jeans with a nice hat =p. I don't think it matters lol
    LOL what was the format of the day? was it just a tour around campus or were there discussions n such? I'm still quite torn between wearing jeans and suits n stuff >.<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liyanajamain)
    LOL what was the format of the day? was it just a tour around campus or were there discussions n such? I'm still quite torn between wearing jeans and suits n stuff >.<
    Erm you get there and wait for everyone to arrive. I chatted to this second yr student who was really nice!. Then you have like a 45 minute (maybe) talk on general UCL things. Then you will either have a lecture thing (ours was on pi) or a tour. If you have the tour first, you have the lecture after etc. Then you have a tour. I just spoke to as many people as possible tbh... then you get back and chat to people some more. Trust me though, they have given you an offer so wear what you are comfortable in. I was comfortable in my informal wear =D. They have some maths problems on the tables also... i didnt do any of them =p

ReputationRep:
    To any Warwick applicants/offer holders...

do you intend to sit AEA or STEP (probably STEP 1) or both? And why?

I've been told AEA is easier than STEP 1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OmnipotentOmelette)

I'll be sitting both. Why not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deejayy)
    Congratulations, when did you send in your ucas?
    Thank you) 12th October

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laughylolly)
    Already? Wow! Congrats. I'm still waiting to hear from them...
    Thanx, I am sure you'll hear from them soon dw

ReputationRep:

Probably just STEP 1 because I was talking to my maths teacher about it and he kind of just assumed I was just going to sit STEP 1 :P

ReputationRep:

Getting a distinction in AEA i don't believe is significantly easier if at all easier than getting a 2 in STEP 1, i guess it depends on personal preference. But yeah, i reckon it's probably a good idea to hedge your bets and do both.

I think I'll be doing STEP 1 and STEP 2, so that gives me two chances in a sense (I'll do STEP 3 if i get a Cambridge offer), I'd probably only consider doing AEA aswell if i feel i'm struggling with STEP, as it's another different kind of exam to prepare for.

ReputationRep:

I'll be sitting the AEA even if I don't have a firm or insurance offer including it, I just like it. STEP is another matter, I'm really hoping that Cambridge will give me the chance to show them what I'm made of so we'll see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edwin Okli)
    I'm really hoping that Cambridge will give me the chance to show them what I'm made of so we'll see.
    Exactly my thoughts!

ReputationRep:
    Lol cant decide between warwick and ucl... guess who is on university challenge... UCL VS WARWICK... what is this
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Lol cant decide between warwick and ucl... guess who is on university challenge... UCL VS WARWICK... what is this
    THIS...is black magic.

ReputationRep:
    Better go for the one that won then :awesome:

Who wants to live in a field anyway

Btw, you must have had the eccentric greek/asian dude if your lecture was on pi!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dnumberwang)
    Better go for the one that won then :awesome:

Who wants to live in a field anyway

Btw, you must have had the eccentric greek/asian dude if your lecture was on pi!
    i did indeed have the eccentric greek guy hehe, he was funny =p. I actually prefer Warwick but still cant decide!!! agh.

ReputationRep:
    UCL won only watched the end after watching eastenders

ReputationRep:
    The college I applied to gives a pure and applied interview. What do you think I should expect in the applied? mechanics or stats... hmm im hoping some differential equations or something
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    The college I applied to gives a pure and applied interview. What do you think I should expect in the applied? mechanics or stats... hmm im hoping some differential equations or something
    It would more likely be mechanics, although they could ask stats (but would be less common though)

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.