Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liyanajamain)
    has anyone received anything from york? havent heard from them. sent off my app on 21st oct applying for econ n math.
    I got an offer for straight maths a couple of weeks ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miller693)
    Well I got the interview!! Very exciting stuff! nice choices, in sure you can get offers from all of them! And the german thing sounds exciting, if not really difficult!
    Wow!! Well done! When is it?
    Aww thank you
    Yeah haha the german thing is v difficult and im rapidly going off it!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    I've applied to Bath, Nottingham, Birmingham, Manchester and Leeds and just wondering how long will I have to wait for each one of them to get back to me with offers...

Do any of you know? Or had an offer yet?

I only sent off my UCAS on the 25th of November - so just been over a week.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aberlad93)
    Hey guys,
    I've applied to Bath, Nottingham, Birmingham, Manchester and Leeds and just wondering how long will I have to wait for each one of them to get back to me with offers...

Do any of you know? Or had an offer yet?

I only sent off my UCAS on the 25th of November - so just been over a week.
    Thanks
    I also applied to the first three. Got offers off Birmingham and Nottingham after about 2 weeks and Bath after about 3 weeks. Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carlos the third)
    I also applied to the first three. Got offers off Birmingham and Nottingham after about 2 weeks and Bath after about 3 weeks. Hope that helps
    Thanks !!

ReputationRep:
    In the the FP2 and FP3 exams for edexcel can we use a graphic calculator?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jilebinator)
    In the the FP2 and FP3 exams for edexcel can we use a graphic calculator?
    Yes, well most can be but I would check anyway as some arnt allowed.

On a side note: doing maths and listening to christmas music, oh yes, the ultimate combo!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miller693)
    Guess what? Me too!! Was that for Worcester? Mine's for New. Maybe we'll see each other knocking around!

Yes for Worcester! Well done on your interview!
    Haha yes we might bump into each other :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carlos the third)
    i got an offer for bath a month and a half after applying and nottingham about 3 weeks after

ReputationRep:
    Sidney says they have one interview for applied maths... sigh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by like_a_star)
    i got an offer for bath a month and a half after applying and nottingham about 3 weeks after
    When did you send your UCAS off?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rahul.S)
    same....time?
    Any idea when (which dates) interviews start in Trinity? Is it for a week? Do they have it during week ends also (tomorrow and day after also)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aberlad93)
    When did you send your UCAS off?
    october 12

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by like_a_star)
    october 12
    Cool, and what grades were u predicted?

(Original post by maths134)
    Yes, well most can be but I would check anyway as some arnt allowed.

On a side note: doing maths and listening to christmas music, oh yes, the ultimate combo!!
    Are you allowed a graphics calc in AS Maths and AS FM?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by multiplexing-gamer)
    Are you allowed a graphics calc in AS Maths and AS FM?
    Basically yes. The problem is that the better your calculator, the more likely it is to have something like symbolic integration or equation solving which is not allowed.

Grrrrrrr, still slightly annoyed at the lack of response from UCL and Imperial.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben-smith)
    Me too...

Basically yes. The problem is that the better your calculator, the more likely it is to have something like symbolic integration or equation solving which is not allowed.

Thanks for the reply, how much would a good one cost, and will it be a big benefit to me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by multiplexing-gamer)
    Thanks for the reply, how much would a good one cost, and will it be a big benefit to me?
    The graphing function is nice but not necessary. I have yet to need it. (in fact, it could certainly be argued that being able to sketch graphs on your own is very useful)

I would recommend this calculator.

ReputationRep:
    This is what you should come to expect from Imperial! Be glad you've even got an acknowledgement so far; they were rejecting people last year without first sending out an acknowledgement email... :p:

They sent out a wave of offers around this time last year (it's when I got mine) so hopefully you'll hear back in a week or two if the past is anything to go by.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.