Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rahul.S)
    ive started step I....so yh I will finish off step I stuff this month then

I need to see you in person kmt come UCL 2moz? got some open day thing to go to
    I wish.

They need to give me an offer first, kmt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    I wish.

They need to give me an offer first, kmt
    kmt just come.....got some other cat in the hood from TSR whom Im linking for some nash and yh other stuff

I can go in...look at the register and text you who to say you are to get in works all the time in raves

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Small123)
    Likewise, I haven't had a mock interview nor am I going to have one haha! I'm ridiculously anxious! I guess you're staying at Emmanuel the night before? And Friday is creeping up far too soon, I feel far too underprepared
    Oh yes, I recall we'll be meeting (or perhaps not... it depends on the circumstances). Perhaps I ought to have reserved Thursday night for extra preparation but it's probably better not to be overprepared. They're assessing thinking skills not memory, one must remember this fact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edwin Okli)
    Oh yes, I recall we'll be meeting (or perhaps not... it depends on the circumstances). Perhaps I ought to have reserved Thursday night for extra preparation but it's probably better not to be overprepared. They're assessing thinking skills not memory, one must remember this fact.
    We most likely will! What time are you planning on arriving at Cambridge? I'll most likely set aside some preparation for Thursday night, something to do while I can't sleep haha! And ah yes of course that is true! How confident are you feeling?

ReputationRep:
    We most likely will! What time are you planning on arriving at Cambridge? I'll most likely set aside some preparation for Thursday night, something to do while I can't sleep haha! And ah yes of course that is true! How confident are you feeling?
    Whenever the traffic takes me there. I'm coming directly from school so I'll be there at some point.. really vague. I'm not feeling confident at all. I know I'll be really nervous when I'm sat there and they're analysing me, it'll be almost difficult for me to think and I'll get frustrated and flustered and tongue-tied blahhh.

ReputationRep:
    Whenever the traffic takes me there. I'm coming directly from school so I'll be there at some point.. really vague. I'm not feeling confident at all. I know I'll be really nervous when I'm sat there and they're analysing me, it'll be almost difficult for me to think and I'll get frustrated and flustered and tongue-tied blahhh.
    Haha fair enough, I'll probably hang around home for a bit before going up as I finish school at 10.30! Me too, I feel really nervous and that there's far too much that I can be tested on that I'm quite overwhelmed and I will most likely develop a hell of a stutter for the interview lol.

ReputationRep:
    Haha fair enough, I'll probably hang around home for a bit before going up as I finish school at 10.30! Me too, I feel really nervous and that there's far too much that I can be tested on that I'm quite overwhelmed and I will most likely develop a hell of a stutter for the interview lol.
    What's this about finishing should at 10.30? What kind of school do you go to?! I'm thinking about trying really heard to split myself into my prime factors. I imagine there's quite a big number in there somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    What's this about finishing should at 10.30? What kind of school do you go to?! I'm thinking about trying really heard to split myself into my prime factors. I imagine there's quite a big number in there somewhere.
    A school where on Thursdays I only have one lesson 9.30-10.30 :p:? Hahaha! I'm not sure what to take to interview and stuff, like at all!

ReputationRep:
    A school where on Thursdays I only have one lesson 9.30-10.30 :p:? Hahaha! I'm not sure what to take to interview and stuff, like at all!
    That's really bizarre.. I have only 3 lessons that day, I consider that few and I also consider it sufficient time for panicking. I don't know if having accommodation in the college at my disposal is a good thing or a bad thing. On the plus side I'll not have to worry about missing my bus and not arriving at my interview on time. But on the other hand I'll have plenty more time with my thoughts and my thoughts will be unnerving. Perhaps I'll be place a room such that I'll have the buses for company.

ReputationRep:
    That's really bizarre.. I have only 3 lessons that day, I consider that few and I also consider it sufficient time for panicking. I don't know if having accommodation in the college at my disposal is a good thing or a bad thing. On the plus side I'll not have to worry about missing my bus and not arriving at my interview on time. But on the other hand I'll have plenty more time with my thoughts and my thoughts will be unnerving. Perhaps I'll be place a room such that I'll have the buses for company.
    I only have 9 hours of lessons per week! Likewise, firstly I considered it an advantage but I'm now getting quite worried about it! What will I do in the evening, how will I sleep there etc etc! Haha, I'll most likely be taking some work to do and just spend all Thursday evening working! I'll be dreading waking up Friday morning though in a nervous kinda way !

ReputationRep:
    I only have 9 hours of lessons per week! Likewise, firstly I considered it an advantage but I'm now getting quite worried about it! What will I do in the evening, how will I sleep there etc etc! Haha, I'll most likely be taking some work to do and just spend all Thursday evening working! I'll be dreading waking up Friday morning though in a nervous kinda way !
    I bet my owl won't come at breakfast time, he'll be so confused by the floating candles and ceiling which mimics the sky. You see, he's never seen such a thing and certainly his barn isn't as extravagant. Yes, I envisage a Harry Potter breakfast time with The Daily Prophet landing before me.

ReputationRep:
    I bet my owl won't come at breakfast time, he'll be so confused by the floating candles and ceiling which mimics the sky. You see, he's never seen such a thing and certainly his barn isn't as extravagant. Yes, I envisage a Harry Potter breakfast time with The Daily Prophet landing before me.
    I envisage myself preferring a lay in to a free breakfast, though certainly not if they're offering a lot of bacon.

ReputationRep:
    I envisage myself preferring a lay in to a free breakfast, though certainly not if they're offering a lot of bacon.
    I tried to send you a private message but TSR told me that you've been busy filling up your inbox.

ReputationRep:
    I tried to send you a private message but TSR told me that you've been busy filling up your inbox.
    There you go, cleared it up a bit, was 97 messages over my limit, oops.

ReputationRep:
    Gonna post this again so people who haven't seen it already see it. There's a Mathematics stalking page now so add yourself if you so wish!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SParm)
    Early morning I think. Same course; same interview eh....?

Coincidence...?

No. After all there are a set number of days it can actually be on =P

No don't give up!!!! Frolick in the land of maths and you'll be as well prepared as you can be =P
    How did your interviews and the test go today, (mine was quite simply terrible well the 2nd interview with Dr Warner was )

ReputationRep:
    Any of you at UCL today? Went to collect some homeworks and there was an open day going on...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by M1K3)
    How did your interviews and the test go today, (mine was quite simply terrible well the 2nd interview with Dr Warner was )
    I thought it went quite well...not really the sort of questions I was expecting <--- (that sentence is allowed right? Like I'm not mentioning anything specific about the interview O.o)...

But I did find Dr. Warner a bit more...uh..."formal" than the my first interviewer =P...it's probably just his interview style. He's probably a lovely person in every day life =)...but it was slightly off-putting.

Written test was alright...made a silly few mistakes but I absolutely blitzed some of those questions :ahee:...so hopefully that should balance my mark out =P

I'm sure you did better than you think you did ...but is there any point dwelling on it too much now? I'm gonna try and not get my hopes up so a rejection, if that is what it is, isn't too painful. What's done is done...now we get on with our lives while they decide our fates...good luck man =)

ReputationRep:
    Got all 5 offers for Bsc Mathematics! Applied to Nottingham, Birmingham, Leicester, Sheffield & Aston (back-up)
    wanting to go to University of Birmingham! ...from whom I received an offer today
    were the last ones to reply! Conditional AAB (with A in Mathematics)
    Who else is thinking of going to Uni of Birmingham to study Maths?

ReputationRep:
    Right any last minute interview advice people =D

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 31, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.