ReputationRep:
    (Original post by actuarialmaestro:p)
    Oxford-Trinity-Rejected
    Warwick C
    Bath C
    Durham C
    Bristol C

I guess I am done for the year.
    Yay! Fellow Trinity reject! Congrats on all your other offers though. I'm still waiting to hear from Durham, I guess you're an international student?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the link to the 'Mathematics Offers 2011' page (if it exists) ?

ReputationRep:
    Before everyone negs me, I will point out I expect to be rejected =p. Anyway, I've been thinking about my interview. It almost seemed 'too easy', after showing my teachers they agree that my questions were ALL relatively simple. Heck, one of my questions was doable by my friend who failed GCSE maths...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by multiplexing-gamer)
    Why would someone do a 4 year Maths degree?
    Because they like maths? There's nothing wrong with wanting a Masters degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by multiplexing-gamer)
    Why would someone do a 4 year Maths degree?
    They love maths that much, research, PhD, blah blah. I've only applied to 4 year courses where I get a year in Europe

So who's at Oxford tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maths134)
    Before everyone negs me, I will point out I expect to be rejected =p. Anyway, I've been thinking about my interview. It almost seemed 'too easy', after showing my teachers they agree that my questions were ALL relatively simple. Heck, one of my questions was doable by my friend who failed GCSE maths...
    Questions can always seem deceptively simple. Are you sure you can confirm the answers with teachers? Regardless if you get them right or wrong, it's how you thought your way through the problem that they're more interested in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dnumberwang)
    They love maths that much, research, PhD, blah blah. I've only applied to 4 year courses where I get a year in Europe

So who's at Oxford tomorrow?
    See you there. Woefully underprepared though..

ReputationRep:
    Same about the year abroad thing!! What country do you have on mind? Where have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'd bear in mind that you have very limited time in an interview situation - you want to get through 2 or 3 questions in 30-40 minutes, so STEP-level stuff is out of the question. Perhaps they seemed simple to you because you did well, and others would have found the same questions hard...? I don't know, since obviously you can't tell me the questions or anything.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else at St. John's this week? What is everyone doing with regards to the massive amount of free time we seem to have.. I guess revision and that is key, but I can't imagine myself spending all the time that isn't an interview reading books and thinking maths ^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeccaCath94)
    Same about the year abroad thing!! What country do you have on mind? Where have you applied?
    Imperial and Bristol for G104. I'd go to Germany or Italy, probably Germany though cos I've actually learnt a bit of German

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by derangedyoshi)
    Well, I'd bear in mind that you have very limited time in an interview situation - you want to get through 2 or 3 questions in 30-40 minutes, so STEP-level stuff is out of the question. Perhaps they seemed simple to you because you did well, and others would have found the same questions hard...? I don't know, since obviously you can't tell me the questions or anything.
    Yeh, I can say that one question required pre-GCSE level maths =/ weird.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, I can say that one question required pre-GCSE level maths =/ weird.
    You could say that about some olympiad questions...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben-smith)
    You could say that about some olympiad questions...
    Fine, in the sense that the question literally had no hidden method, nothing... OMG, this is ridiculous I'd love to tell you guys the question

ReputationRep:
    Anybody applying through UCAS heard anything from Bath, Bristol or Cardiff yet or do they all hold on until after the deadline?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alfredtehbutler)
    Anybody applying through UCAS heard anything from Bath, Bristol or Cardiff yet or do they all hold on until after the deadline?
    I have an offer from Bath but they do seem to be taking their time (I got my offer probably a month after someone who sent their application at the time as me).

ReputationRep:
    hey all, any fellow Maths&CS applicant?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by officeface)
    Anyone else at St. John's this week? What is everyone doing with regards to the massive amount of free time we seem to have.. I guess revision and that is key, but I can't imagine myself spending all the time that isn't an interview reading books and thinking maths ^_^
    I had my interview at Caius last week and everyone just hung in the JCR between interviews, chatting and generally making the most of speaking to like minded people: There was the odd few reading interview related stuff but it seemed relaxing was the best way to do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lifesabeach)
    I had my interview at Caius last week and everyone just hung in the JCR between interviews, chatting and generally making the most of speaking to like minded people: There was the odd few reading interview related stuff but it seemed relaxing was the best way to do it.
    The Oxford lot are there for three days!

ReputationRep:
    Imperial and Bristol for G104. I'd go to Germany or Italy, probably Germany though cos I've actually learnt a bit of German
    Ahh i've not applied to either of them....
    Yeah i'd go to germany as i'm doing a level german and may even do some german modules so..., plus its a cool place!!
    But also maybe holland as they speak english!!

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.