Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edwin Okli)
    I have an offer from Bath but they do seem to be taking their time (I got my offer probably a month after someone who sent their application at the time as me).
    When did you send yours off?

I sent mine off on the 29th of November so I can't really complain :P

Although today I've been invited to interview days for both Cardiff and Swansea for the new year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lifesabeach)
    Imperial Vs. UCL? which one? (consider all factors such as social, partying, general university life, rep to employers, prestige)
    I've heard the social life at Imperial is a bit meh, but dude, it's COWI. Don't miss your chance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xero Xenith)
    I've heard the social life at Imperial is a bit meh, but dude, it's COWI. Don't miss your chance
    Chew dat! Surely the social life can't vary THAT much??? I thought all London Unis share accommodation. You could end up next door to some really social kids from Brunel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deejayy)
    Just got an offer from durham as well!

(Original post by fGDu)
    I've got an offer from durham too, and oxford was quite an experience.
    :O More Durham? I still haven't heard ...

Congrats though =)

ReputationRep:
    offers from lancaster and bath came through on UCAS today, i'm glad really as southampton was getting lonely, just waiting for my rejection from cambridge to comethrough and a decision from durham now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fGDu)
    I've got an offer from durham too, and oxford was quite an experience.
    did I see you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dnumberwang)
    did I see you?
    Yeah you saw my cards during that crazy game of snap lol

ReputationRep:
    Assuming I get rejected from Camb. I have offers from UCL, Durham and Warwick. Do you think its a good idea to have firm - Warwick, Insurance - Durham... hmm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maths134)
    Assuming I get rejected from Camb. I have offers from UCL, Durham and Warwick. Do you think its a good idea to have firm - Warwick, Insurance - Durham... hmm
    Yep as long as you're confident you can get A*AA, which you definitely should be

Another problem would be anyone who gets Cambridge and Warwick... is it safe to have both depending on STEP, even if one is any 2 and the other is 1,1?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    Why Birmingham over Nottingham/Sheffield if you don't mind me asking?
    Good question! You're not the first one to ask... simply because I've found that Birmingham, as a city as well as university, offers a wider range of opportunities in terms of experience whilst at univ. I'm proposing to undertake a postgraduate in Actuarial Science after my undergrad in maths, and the "Big 4" have good foundations in Birmingham and I can see this as a great opportunity. Nonetheless Nottingham and Sheffield too are really good for Maths but I just got so drawn in by the academic vibe felt at Birmingham!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alfredtehbutler)
    When did you actually send your UCAS form off then?
    Mine got sent from my reference to UCAS on the 29th November and I've only heard back from one so far.

I've applied for Bath, Bristol, Cardiff, Swansea and Glamorgan.
    Mine got sent on the 9th November ...received my first offer on 18th November and my Last one on 7th December! I guess it varies from uni to uni on how long they take to reply, but nice choices! Good luck, i'm sure you'll get what you want!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rahul.S)
    cuz sox and jaykae go there
    hahaha true that, where abouts you applying?

ReputationRep:
    Yep as long as you're confident you can get A*AA, which you definitely should be

Another problem would be anyone who gets Cambridge and Warwick... is it safe to have both depending on STEP, even if one is any 2 and the other is 1,1?
    This is probably not going to be a very useful response but: it depends on you.
    Every year lots of people do firm Cambridge and insurance Warwick so it is doable. Personally, I wouldn't but who knows how I'd feel if I were to somehow get an offer from Cam.

ReputationRep:

If I got camb I would put that as firm (obv) and Durham as insurance. I just couldnt risk it all on STEP... I'm confident on the A-levels (A*A*A*A) but STEP is not certain for me... I mean I wouldnt be happy doing it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smit1994)
    hahaha true that, where abouts you applying?
    cambridge- Trinity, warwick, lse imperial and ucl

u?

ReputationRep:
    cambridge- Trinity, warwick, lse imperial and ucl

u?
    easy! nice one.. good luck man, Birmingham, Nottingham, Sheffield, Leicester & Aston! got all of em, gonna firm Birmingham now where bouts u from anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    Chew dat! Surely the social life can't vary THAT much??? I thought all London Unis share accommodation. You could end up next door to some really social kids from Brunel.
    next door to girls attending Brunel :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    easy! nice one.. good luck man, Birmingham, Nottingham, Sheffield, Leicester & Aston! got all of em, gonna firm Birmingham now where bouts u from anyway?
    thanks g....good luck to you as well althought looks like your heading to your desired destination Im fromt East London...you from Brum? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    thanks g....good luck to you as well althought looks like your heading to your desired destination Im fromt East London...you from Brum? :eek:
    haha yeah no worries cuz, nah i'm from Leicester and where abouts in East London? you hindu as well? im guessing from the name, you probably cant tell from my name though!

ReputationRep:
    haha yeah no worries cuz, nah i'm from Leicester and where abouts in East London? you hindu as well? im guessing from the name, you probably cant tell from my name though!
    yh im hindu from ilford....i dont mind giving address....probably posted it before already....dont like it when fake kids of TSR try hyping

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.