Mine was absolutely standard...A*AA 11

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicMan)
    Mine was absolutely standard...A*AA 11
    same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben-smith)
    same
    I just feel sorry for the people who will kill themselves trying to make SS offers

And now my UCAS is done for the year

ReputationRep:
    I just feel sorry for the people who will kill themselves trying to make SS offers

And now my UCAS is done for the year
    Exactly. Imagine if you didn't get into Cam despite getting S,1 whilst others get in with a 1,1

Where are you insurancing? (Not that I think you'll need it)

ReputationRep:
    Exactly. Imagine if you didn't get into Cam despite getting S,1 whilst others get in with a 1,1

Where are you insurancing? (Not that I think you'll need it)
    I haven't really decided yet. Probably warwick/durham as I don't really want to stay in london

ReputationRep:
    For all the cambridge applicants well done!!
    But what does 1,1 and S,S etc all mean?? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeccaCath94)
    It's what we need to get in STEP

ReputationRep:
    They're STEP grades - it goes S (highest), 1, 2, 3, fail. Cambridge normally want a "1" on the two hardest STEP papers - II and III - which is "1,1", but it seems a fair few S,S offers have come out this year
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Well when you get your grades back for STEP, you can get either and S, 1, 2 or 3 (S highest, 3 lowest pass, below U) where 11 is the standard offer (and S is exceptional) So if you get an SS/S1 offer that's quite harsh, and if you get a 12 offer that can be nice. 11 is usually the standard offer. I needed 11 last year and I got 33 for STEP
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Xero Xenith)
    They're STEP grades - it goes S (highest), 1, 2, 3, fail. Cambridge normally want a "1" on the two hardest STEP papers - II and III - which is "1,1", but it seems a fair few S,S offers have come out this year
    thought of an insurance uni?

ReputationRep:
    Have you heard from everywhere yet?

ReputationRep:
    I also at some point need to make a final decision between w/Phys and straight Maths. Are you still thinking about doing Physics?

ReputationRep:
    Have you heard from everywhere yet?
    Nope - just waiting on Durham

(Original post by cpdavis)
    thought of an insurance uni?
    I'm gonna decide much closer to the deadline. If I can get 2s on STEP very reliably, or Distinctions on the AEA, I might go for Warwick (but I'll take STEP I if I don't do the AEA as well)... otherwise I'll see what Durham have to say theirs should be A*AA, and one of their admissions tutors told me "you should be fine" so I'm feeling quite good about Durham!

Very friendly uni as well, and the location is stunning...

ReputationRep:
    Nope - just waiting on Durham
    That's weird...I'm sure you'll get an offer soon, assuming you don't just dump them when you pick your insurance

ReputationRep:
    That's weird...I'm sure you'll get an offer soon, assuming you don't just dump them when you pick your insurance
    I think they make the main batch of offers/rejections in March, but I'll wait until at least April before deciding on my Firm/Insurance. Who knows, STEP might go terribly from here on and I don't firm Cambridge at all, or I might slay it like it's a level 2 Pidgey. We'll see eh

Do many mathmos have Durham offers on here? I thought it was mainly internationals but I might be behind the times

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by David_Skiller)
    LOL Farhan HANIF!!! Nice prank! LOL you reapplied to Robinson? Epic dude!
    You thought that I was withholding that information as part of some prank? :rolleyes:

Since you've said it now... Yes, I reapplied (for reasons I will not go into) and I got an offer yesterday conditional on S,1 in STEP.

ReputationRep:
    I also at some point need to make a final decision between w/Phys and straight Maths. Are you still thinking about doing Physics?
    Grrrr, I don't know about that.
    I'm really looking forward to doing some theoretical physics but I don't want to compromise on pure maths.
    I wish Cambridge did QM in the 1st year...
    Is your offer for Maths with Physics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theharrovian)
    got an offer from queens', very happy cos i thought i stuffed the interviews... and looks like there are quite a few people from tsr who got one to queens' as well! offer isn't particularly nice, A*AA11 but maths won't count towards the grades...
    Exactly the same offer, I'm a bit miffed that maths doesn't count though. Hopefully see you at Queens' sometime!

ReputationRep:
    I think they make the main batch of offers/rejections in March, but I'll wait until at least April before deciding on my Firm/Insurance. Who knows, STEP might go terribly from here on and I don't firm Cambridge at all, or I might slay it like it's a level 2 Pidgey. We'll see eh

Do many mathmos have Durham offers on here? I thought it was mainly internationals but I might be behind the times
    I have one

ReputationRep:
    Grrrr, I don't know about that.
    I'm really looking forward to doing some theoretical physics but I don't want to compromise on pure maths.
    I wish Cambridge did QM in the 1st year...
    Is your offer for Maths with Physics?
    Yeah...although I asked about it in my interview and they said I could easily switch

they also siad that if I did Physics I could go to numbers and sets anyway if I wanted

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.