Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    Congrats!
    Cheers.

(Original post by TheMagicMan)
    Did you do step last year?
    I did, and in year 12. Perhaps I should have tried a little harder and I might have had a nicer offer. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laughylolly)
    I would just like to remind people of our lovely Mathematics Applicants 2012 stalking page. Just want to keep it up to date as possible and quite a few people are starting to decide their Firms/Insurance choices so you can start putting them in there too. For a few people I've added some of their details (hope thats okay) as they already hadn't and just for the benefit of everyone so people know what places have been giving out offers etc.
    Thanks =D. Im useless with updating it btw... anyway, if you wanted to know, Cambridge is my firm and Durham is my insurance =].

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farhan.Hanif93)
    Cheers.

I did, and in year 12. Perhaps I should have tried a little harder and I might have had a nicer offer. :p:
    Are you going to go or were you just reapplying to see if you could get in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maths134)
    Thanks =D. Im useless with updating it btw... anyway, if you wanted to know, Cambridge is my firm and Durham is my insurance =].
    Alright, I can put that in for you if you want. I'm a bit bored so I thought I would tidy it up and do any updates if need be. =)

ReputationRep:
    I would just like to remind people of our lovely Mathematics Applicants 2012 stalking page. Just want to keep it up to date as possible and quite a few people are starting to decide their Firms/Insurance choices so you can start putting them in there too. For a few people I've added some of their details (hope thats okay) as they already hadn't and just for the benefit of everyone so people know what places have been giving out offers etc.
    I put myself in

ReputationRep:
    Are you going to go or were you just reapplying to see if you could get in?
    This is why I didn't state that I was reapplying on TSR from the time I found out that I had to... I'm reapplying to all of my Universities because I couldn't go to University this year. Cambridge was just a lucky consequence of a bad situation. I don't particularly want to share anymore than that.

Yes, I will try to go there given that I have the opportunity to do so. Since I was supposed to be going to Warwick anyway, I'm happy with either outcome.

EDIT: Nothing to do with my grades, if that's what you're wondering.

ReputationRep:
    This is why I didn't state that I was reapplying on TSR from the time I found out that I had to... I'm reapplying to all of my Universities because I couldn't go to University this year. Cambridge was just a lucky consequence of a bad situation. I don't particularly want to share anymore than that.

Yes, I will try to go there given that I have the opportunity to do so. Since I was supposed to be going to Warwick anyway, I'm happy with either outcome.
    I'll leave it at that then

Congrats anyway

ReputationRep:
    I'll leave it at that then

Congrats anyway
    Cheers, same to you.

ReputationRep:
    I put myself in
    Great =). Wow 5 offers already? Congrats!

Also for those inserting their firm/insurance in the table if you want to put the offer in [square brackets] just so when you finally put in the result you can put in what grades you actually got and where you are off to! Be so cool to see by August where everyone is off to =)

ReputationRep:
    I wonder what scenario could possibly stop someone from going uni, I've never imagined such a situation. Illness is only temporary so that can be ruled out. Given tuition fees are adding at least £27k debt to everyone's degree, finance can also be ruled out, and also suggests the severity of the situation. I'm guessing it's a grave family matter.

ReputationRep:

Also for those inserting their firm/insurance in the table if you want to put the offer in [square brackets] just so when you finally put in the result you can put in what grades you actually got and where you are off to! Be so cool to see by August where everyone is off to =)
    Is there a possibility of adding a college column? I put it in the notes for now, but it looks a bit cramped!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agoodall777)
    Is there a possibility of adding a college column? I put it in the notes for now, but it looks a bit cramped!
    Yeah, it is rather cramped... only if you could make the tables wider? Lemme see if I can do something....

Edit: If you know the college code you could always put that next to the name of the uni where required?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good, although that might involve looking it up, then everyone else looking it up in reverse ...

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good, although that might involve looking it up, then everyone else looking it up in reverse ...
    True... but then it shouldn't be too hard to see that someone has applied/is going to the same college as you as you'd both have the same college code. Or maybe I could put some links at the top to places where people can see the college codes?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you're right.

Or maybe I could put some links at the top to places where people can see the college codes?
    That's the best suggestion!

How shall we present the college code? Where do you want it, and all that?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you're right.

That's the best suggestion!

How shall we present the college code? Where do you want it, and all that?
    Just next to the university name so like

E.g. Durham {A}

? I'll go find a page where it has all the Durham, Oxford and Cambridge college codes listed.

Edit: Found pages that have Durham college codes and Oxford college codes but yet to find one with all the Cambridge College codes on. Help anyone?

ReputationRep:

EDIT: Nothing to do with my grades, if that's what you're wondering.
    Oh wow! I always just assumed you went off to do what you wanted. Congratulations!!

Mind if I ask what the offer is? (Apologies if it's already been asked...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xero Xenith)
    Oh wow! I always just assumed you went off to do what you wanted. Congratulations!!

On his profile.

Congrats Farhan!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xero Xenith)

S,1 in II and III. Congrats on your 1,2 offer.

ReputationRep:
    S,1 in II and III. Congrats on your 1,2 offer.
    Thanks! I'm sure I'll see you there if we both practise enough

(...assuming you even need it )

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 31, 2013
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.