Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laughylolly)
    Um not sure. A wee while after I got my offer I got an email from Warwick talking about the course/online materials they had for STEP. I guess that was from the Maths department. MORSE isn't all in the maths department though is it? Might be something worth enquiring about though.
    (Original post by Thrug)
    I'd imagine they'd first offer places to the people applying for maths as you don't strictly need STEP with morse IIRC?
    hmmm ok thanks

ReputationRep:
    Casual rejection from Bristol, but I'm fine with that.

Well, no, they said they were forwarding my application for consideration by a different part of the Mathematics dept. so I guess they still might offer me a place..

It's OK because I want to go to Lancaster anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachaelizabeth)

Well, no, they said they were forwarding my application for consideration by a different part of the Mathematics dept. so I guess they still might offer me a place..

when did you recieve the email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachaelizabeth)

grades?

ReputationRep:
    Yo, i got an offer from Bristol the other day and I was wondering if anyone had received any info about open days for people with offers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dom bradbury)
    Yo, i got an offer from Bristol the other day and I was wondering if anyone had received any info about open days for people with offers?
    I'm going up on the 1st February for an open day, and there's another on the 8th. This is the email I got:
    Congratulations on your offer of a place at Bristol! We are pleased to invite you to attend a Visit Day with us for Mathematics, which will give you the opportunity to meet current staff and students and find out more about the course and facilities at Bristol.

Please view additional details about the visit and register for your preferred date. Full information about your Visit can be found on our website by clicking on the link for Mathematics. For general information about getting to and visiting Bristol please see our visit pages.

If you are unable to attend any of these dates, including if you are unable to attend as you currently live outside of the UK, please contact the relevant subject team directly to see if we can accommodate you.

We look forward to seeing you.
    Also, congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone going to UCL this wednesday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben-smith)
    Is anyone going to UCL this wednesday?
    Anyone going on the to the Bath department open days this month/next month. I think I'm going on the 29th Feb.

ReputationRep:
    Can anybody find last year's icl stalking page or maths offers page? I want to know when Imperial starts to give offers to most of maths applicants
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Anyone going on the to the Bath department open days this month/next month. I think I'm going on the 29th Feb.
    Awwwwwwww maaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnn. I knew there was something I needed to do. I didn't even send that letter thingy for the department open day off D=. Fail.

(Sorry if this doesn't answer your question :P...my answer is probably no I'm not going xD)

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else scared for the C3 exam next monday? (or decision 1 on friday?)

ReputationRep:
    Are people who applied for Maths at Leeds university still awaiting on offers/invites to open days etc?
    I've not heard anything since an automatic acknowledgement in november.... :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeccaCath94)
    Is anyone else scared for the C3 exam next monday? (or decision 1 on friday?)
    I'm worried about M3 as I've had to self teach it.. has anyone got any good ways of sorting out the work-energy principle in the exam? I can quote what it means, but that never seems to pull together the right bits and bobs in the right order when I'm asked a question on it.

ReputationRep:
    i think i might be going on the 29th as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by officeface)
    I'm worried about M3 as I've had to self teach it.. has anyone got any good ways of sorting out the work-energy principle in the exam? I can quote what it means, but that never seems to pull together the right bits and bobs in the right order when I'm asked a question on it.
    If you find it hard to start, first try a qualitative description of the system i.e. if we have a particle on a compressed spring that is then released you could say something like:
    E.P.E -----> E.P.E+K.E+G.P.E.
    And then we can use this to split the problem into little chunks which can easily be dealt with.

I'm sure you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from Bristol yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gwenllian94)
    Anyone heard from Bristol yet?
    I got an offer about a week ago. How long ago did you send your UCAS application off?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ccfcadam36)
    i think i might be going on the 29th as well
    Oh cool =) Hopefully I'll be able to get down there. I live up in the north of Scotland so it's a bit of a hassle getting down to bath but I really feel like I should visit again. Wanna be sure that its a place that I'm willing to live for 3-4 years of my life.

I guess you've received an offer already then?

ReputationRep:
    Oh cool =) Hopefully I'll be able to get down there. I live up in the north of Scotland so it's a bit of a hassle getting down to bath but I really feel like I should visit again. Wanna be sure that its a place that I'm willing to live for 3-4 years of my life.

I guess you've received an offer already then?
    yeah they want 2 A's because i already got an A* in maths. I feel the same really, I went to the open day and I really liked it, but that was a long time ago and I want to make sure it definitely is my first choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ccfcadam36)
    yeah they want 2 A's because i already got an A* in maths. I feel the same really, I went to the open day and I really liked it, but that was a long time ago and I want to make sure it definitely is my first choice.
    Might see you there then. I was given another date at first but I can't make that one cause my Maths prelim is the day afterwards and I can't really miss that so. Just sent off the letter so hopefully there's space left on the 29th Feb.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 31, 2013
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.