Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi !

I'm an Uk/EU National and I applied for Mathematics course at University of Glasgow and University of Edimburgh.

If I am accepted in those 2 universities, which one sould I choose ?
    I don't really know since they both have a good reputation so i need your help !

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YLY)
    Cheers What A levels are you two doing?
    I am doing German, English Language and Maths (stats) to A2 level, dropped economics after AS, and have picked up furthe rmaths AS in year 13.

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RockU)
    Hi !

I'm an Uk/EU National and I applied for Mathematics course at University of Glasgow and University of Edimburgh.

If I am accepted in those 2 universities, which one sould I choose ?
    I don't really know since they both have a good reputation so i need your help !

Thanks
    Edinburgh because i applied to it (abit bias), what are your as levels/ predictions do you have? Good luck with your applications!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeccaCath94)
    Last exam over and done with today

FP1 went pretty well I think....

Did anyone else do it? (PM me as we cant talk about it publically)
    FP1 was a gift of an exam. I didn't realise that much until I started past papers but it's always pretty simple (for what's called Further Maths). So I'm feeling pretty good. I'll feel a bit of a fool if I've done worse than I thought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alfredtehbutler)
    Finally got my offer from Bristol back today
    AAA they're offering, has anybody else had an offer like that from them because it says their typical offer is A*AA
    That's the typical offer for students not taking A2 Further Maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edwin Okli)
    FP1 was a gift of an exam. I didn't realise that much until I started past papers but it's always pretty simple (for what's called Further Maths). So I'm feeling pretty good. I'll feel a bit of a fool if I've done worse than I thought.
    I didnt think it was going to go that well but by the end of the exam i felt pretty confident having answered all the questions but one of the proofs (started but couldnt end) and correctly (i hope) as most are self correcting..... fingers crossed

Just my C3 result im worried about....

ReputationRep:
    Bristol offer woop woop.

ReputationRep:
    Imperial offer!

A*A*A and a 2 in step II/III

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deejayy)
    Imperial offer!

wait I thought Imperial didn't do STEP?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Refrigerator)
    wait I thought Imperial didn't do STEP?
    Alas they've joined the dark side (for a few years now?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deejayy)
    Imperial offer!

*jealous* I wish they'd give me an offer… *sigh*
    But congratulations and I like how your STEP motivation is the mathematical bridge.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else go to Bristol for the visit day today? I thought it was pretty damn good. Free food, interesting talks, funny tour of the halls. I'm 90% confident that it'll go down as my insurance now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by officeface)
    Anyone else go to Bristol for the visit day today? I thought it was pretty damn good. Free food, interesting talks, funny tour of the halls. I'm 90% confident that it'll go down as my insurance now.
    I'm going during half term so that'll be something to look forward to. Was the food good? (Over-used emoticon kind of fits here... not sure.)

ReputationRep:
    Think I'll give the Bristol visit day a miss cos I'd have to spend over 6 hours on a train :dontknow: I am pretty sure that I'll stick with UCL as insurance (despite their weird accommodation policy)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by officeface)
    Yeah I went. Exactly what I thought really, yeah the tour was funny. Seems like quite a nice place really.

I'll see how Warwick compares at their visit day next wednesday, but i'm certainly leaning towards Bristol as my insurance also. Not sure I could be assed to visit Durham if they ever got round to giving me an offer (or not), it's so far away!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edwin Okli)
    I'm going during half term so that'll be something to look forward to. Was the food good? (Over-used emoticon kind of fits here... not sure.)
    The food was awesome! You get a £4.50 voucher for the canteen, and they had pie and chips for only £2 of it! Couldn't ask for more really.

ReputationRep:
    A*Aa from Imperial

BTW, any LSE and A* in Maths achieved already people? PM or quote me, I gotta ask you guys something...

ReputationRep:
    Figured I should make a presence here,

Any Bath offer holders?

ReputationRep:
    Standard Grades: 1,1,1,1,2,2,3
    Int 2s: BB
    Highers: ABBD (Had a really bad day for the D plus my appeal got rejected)
    Predictions: AB (Advanced Higher) A (Higher)
    Applied to: Heriot Watt - Financial Mathematics and MSAS

also applied for a couple of maths-based physics courses at other scottish unis but having trouble deciding what to do...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jorgeyy)
    Figured I should make a presence here,

Any Bath offer holders?
    Yep, one bath offer holder here =)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 31, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.