Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shamika)
    250 take M5? Don't know whether that's a tiny amount or not... do you have the stats for the other modules?
    I think about 80000 people take a level maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiny hobbit)
    Maybe. If you are one of the 250 or so candidates worldwide taking M5, you are wither not doing any Statistics modules or not doing both of FP2 and FP3.
    Not necessarily as quite a few are probably doing additional further maths

ReputationRep:
    Maybe. If you are one of the 250 or so candidates worldwide taking M5, you are wither not doing any Statistics modules or not doing both of FP2 and FP3.
    well I'm taking stats, FP2, FP3 and M5. I doubt I'm the only one.

(Original post by TheMagicMan)
    This seems to happen every year. Talk about a stupid clash.

OCR had Latin and Greek GCSE at the same time this year :confused:
    That's even more jarring.
    Tbh, it's hardly that big a deal. I mean, in my case, it just means I effectively have a 3 hour exam which is the same length as STEP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben-smith)
    That's even more jarring.
    Tbh, it's hardly that big a deal. I mean, in my case, it just means I effectively have a 3 hour exam which is the same length as STEP.
    It's not really so much that it's a burden, but rather it's just stupid. There are any number of days on which there aren't edexcel maths exams when they could schedule it.

ReputationRep:
    250 take M5? Don't know whether that's a tiny amount or not... do you have the stats for the other modules?
    This is for OCR: I emailed them a while back last year because I had S3, S4, and M4 (at the same time) followed by Economics Unit 4 that afternoon.

I can advise that in the June 2010 series 124 candidates took M4 and 46 took S4, with only 3 candidates taking both.

ReputationRep:
    I'm several years out if date on the other modules. Edexcel M1 used to be heading for 30,000.

ReputationRep:
    This is all really interesting stuff, thanks for sharing! I might email a few of the exam boards to ask them directly...

ReputationRep:
    Is y=f(mod x) the same as y=(mod)f(x)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeccaCath94)
    Is y=f(mod x) the same as y=(mod)f(x)
    if mod means modulus then no f(mod x) is doing the positive x values of the graph and then reflecting them into the negative and (mod)f(x) is bouncing the negative y values into the positive y axis hope it helps its hard to explain in writing :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanS94)
    if mod means modulus then no f(mod x) is doing the positive x values of the graph and then reflecting them into the negative and (mod)f(x) is bouncing the negative y values into the positive y axis hope it helps its hard to explain in writing :L
    Yeah it is hard to put into writing but thank you
    I was just thinking of C3 Jan 2009 Q5a. The question says y=f(mod x) but on the markscheme the answer seems to be y=(mod)f(x)

ReputationRep:
    If asked to find the inverse of a function can you assume the domain doesnt need to be limited (unless it specifies?)

ReputationRep:
    What do people think to this...?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-18425283
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by BeccaCath94)
    What do people think to this...?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-18425283
    This reminds me of an article I read years ago where a van delivering papers was robbed. This is still bad but not as extreme.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpdavis)
    This reminds me of an article I read years ago where a van delivering papers was robbed. This is still bad but not as extreme.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone App
    I was just thinking as its our papers!

ReputationRep:
    It's the C4 paper. Schools were notified today that they will be sending a replacement paper out.

ReputationRep:
    It's the C4 paper. Schools were notified today that they will be sending a replacement paper out.
    Is it possible to get a copy of the original June 2012 C4 paper to use as another past paper now this is confirmed?

I assume not but worth a try

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jorgeyy)
    Is it possible to get a copy of the original June 2012 C4 paper to use as another past paper now this is confirmed?

No, centres have been asked to keep it secure until after the 21st, then they can either scrap it or use it as a practice paper.

ReputationRep:
    such drama
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Jorgeyy)

Nice try, but according to the BBC article, some people may still be sitting the original

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applied to Lancaster?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 31, 2013
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.