Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicholasng925)
    Ops sorry, all the best in everything you do then. Are you practicing STEP now?
    Yhupp, just browsing through Stephen Siklos booklet. I'm more concerned with raping C3 and C4 in Jan and my retakes. *_* Bur thankfully STEP is more of a try and let your mind think about it approach lol.

ReputationRep:
    Tot ake this discussion off on a tangent, is anyone applying to US unis??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anyone_can_fly)
    :hello: I'm booked and going! And I'll be by myself (and staying the night of the 23rd by myself) because all my friends are either applying only in Scotland or just aren't interested in Warwick. My sessions are:
    10.00 - 10.30 Welcome to Warwick - Ramphal Building (Zeeman building was booked out at 10.28am :eek:)
    10.45 - 11.45 Mathematics at Warwick - Zeeman Building
    13.45 - 14:15 Mathematics: Beautiful and Useful - Zeeman Building

Will anyone else be completely by themselves? Perhaps we could team up?
    I booked it all within the hour. I have them all in Zeeman building hehe. I'm going with a friend but you can team up with us if you like, it's never nice being on your own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicMan)
    Was considering it, but then I saw the fees. *_* I immediately though, '**** that'!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    Yhupp, just browsing through Stephen Siklos booklet. I'm more concerned with raping C3 and C4 in Jan and my retakes. *_* Bur thankfully STEP is more of a try and let your mind think about it approach lol.
    yeah STEP is like one level further than ordinary A-Levels Maths. Which STEP are you practicing on? I noticed that you are doing Further Maths at A2 Level, so do I. So we should do STEP 2 and 3 instead of 1 and 2.

ReputationRep:
    Was considering it, but then I saw the fees. *_* I immediately though, '**** that'!
    Oh come on, it's only what, 50 grand a year? :P

ReputationRep:
    I would but the only things i got loaded is the mag of my gun, bags of nash and ums. not money yet duo :mad: wbu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anyone_can_fly)
    :hello: I'm booked and going! And I'll be by myself (and staying the night of the 23rd by myself) because all my friends are either applying only in Scotland or just aren't interested in Warwick. My sessions are:
    10.00 - 10.30 Welcome to Warwick - Ramphal Building (Zeeman building was booked out at 10.28am :eek:)
    10.45 - 11.45 Mathematics at Warwick - Zeeman Building
    13.45 - 14:15 Mathematics: Beautiful and Useful - Zeeman Building

Will anyone else be completely by themselves? Perhaps we could team up?
    probably won't bother with all that tbh

I just know I'd fall asleep. It's happened every time I've been to an open day and sat in a lecture hall. (3 times - at Oxford, Cambridge and Manchester. Not because they were boring, but because I had to get up early to get there) I only wanna look at the campus anyway

ReputationRep:
    yeah STEP is like one level further than ordinary A-Levels Maths. Which STEP are you practicing on? I noticed that you are doing Further Maths at A2 Level, so do I. So we should do STEP 2 and 3 instead of 1 and 2.
    I've already completed A-Level Maths C1-C4 S1 M1, so right now I focusing on STEP I but I'll start STEP II and III soon depending on the modules I can cover.

EDIT: PM me your MSN and we can discuss further. If you don't have a MSN just PM me lol. :P

ReputationRep:
    ...my thinking is I'm working towards getting a ferrari, why would I spend £200k on education when I can use that money and immediately get said ferrari. Doesn't make sense. :mad: I would love to go to Harvard or MIT though.

ReputationRep:
    Which unis are you considering? Have you sat the SATs I/II yet?
    Would Cam still be your first choice?

(Not that I will be applying definately, but have been encouraged by uncle in US to apply; so might do if things don't go too well with UCAS).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twig)

(Not that I will be applying definately, but have been encouraged by uncle in US to apply; so might do if things don't go too well with UCAS).
    I was considering HYP and Stanford. I've done my SATs and yes Cambridge would still be my first choice

It's nice to have the option though. And there's no offer to make so if I miss step I can always go wherever I get in in the US.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sqwerty)
    Fairly sure I'm applying to Cambridge, Warwick and Durham but need two more choices. Anyone know much about St Andrews/Edinburgh/Newcastle/York?
    I don't know much about them but from next year Edinburgh is going to be the most expensive uni to go to because the courses are 4 years long and they are charging £9000 a year fees. It was on the BBC website

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by like_a_star)
    I don't know much about them but from next year Edinburgh is going to be the most expensive uni to go to because the courses are 4 years long and they are charging £9000 a year fees. It was on the BBC website
    Some us unis are charging $58000 a year:eek: . Makes Edinburgh look budget

ReputationRep:
    Some us unis are charging $58000 a year:eek: . Makes Edinburgh look budget
    wow that is a LOT of money. I would much rather spend it on shopping

haha just joking but add in the living costs and that is going to be expensive!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by like_a_star)
    wow that is a LOT of money. I would much rather spend it on shopping

haha just joking but add in the living costs and that is going to be expensive!!
    I know. The fee hikes in the UK look like nothing in comparison

ReputationRep:
    I've already completed A-Level Maths C1-C4 S1 M1, so right now I focusing on STEP I but I'll start STEP II and III soon depending on the modules I can cover.

EDIT: PM me your MSN and we can discuss further. If you don't have a MSN just PM me lol. :P
    Oh I see. Sure thing! I haven't started practice on any STEP yet but would probably start it in these few days time. Heard that STEP 2 is even harder than STEP 3.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I see. Sure thing! I haven't started practice on any STEP yet but would probably start it in these few days time. Heard that STEP 2 is even harder than STEP 3.
    Ah but practice makes perfect. The more you do the easier it'll get. For example BMO2 functional equations were :confused: a year ago but now they're like

ReputationRep:
    Ah but practice makes perfect. The more you do the easier it'll get. For example BMO2 functional equations were :confused: a year ago but now they're like
    Yes practice makes perfect. Should really get started soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twig)

Can you take me through it? If worst comes to worst I may get my parents to claim bankruptcy and fund me. Also, on a more serious note, is it cash up front or similar system to the UK?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 31, 2013
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.