The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Xero Xenith
You have been for ages! Much respect :smile: Which college are you applying to so I can avoid it? :tongue:

Christ's. I've seen your grades, you don't need to worry about that.
Original post by ben-smith
Christ's. I've seen your grades, you don't need to worry about that.

Grades aren't everything, blah blah, interview blah blah. Yes, I'm kind of panicking over the interview :tongue:

But thanks for your support :smile:
I want to apply for MMath and Cam and Warwick, but how does the competition differ between the Cam BA and the masters, and the warwick BSc and the masters?
Original post by Jampolo
I want to apply for MMath and Cam and Warwick, but how does the competition differ between the Cam BA and the masters, and the warwick BSc and the masters?

I had similar issues with that, I've decide to apply for BSc and then change to an MMath after first year, assuming I'm good enough. That would work, right?
people started STEP...WTF! starting STEP full-time from tomorrow :colone:
Original post by Jampolo

You can only apply for G100 (the three year course) at Cambridge, then you decide on whether to do the fourth year later on (if you're good enough).
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple

I had similar issues with that, I've decide to apply for BSc and then change to an MMath after first year, assuming I'm good enough. That would work, right?

It would probably work, but I've heard it's a lot easier to do it the other way round, because of student finance.
I'm the only one doing STEP at my school so no lessons =/
Original post by maths134
I'm the only one doing STEP at my school so no lessons =/

Really?! We get lessons 3 times a week, starting next week!
Original post by jameswhughes
It would probably work, but I've heard it's a lot easier to do it the other way round, because of student finance.

Yeah, it might be a hassle but I'm sure I could sort it out. I'd rather that than risk not getting a place.

Original post by Jampolo

They always say apply for the 4-year MMath then drop to the BSc if needed. Warwick don't care which you apply for - you're considered equally, they have no quotas for either, and you can switch course at any point in your first year.

During the second year you can only go 4-year to 3-year, not the other way around, and student finance is much easier going from 4 to 3 as well. So apply for the MMath! :smile:
Original post by maths134
Does anyone think its a bad idea to apply to - Cambridge, UCL, Warwick, Durham and St andrews, I only ask because they are all 'top choice' unis... hmm

Not at all. My lowest offer was AAA - if you've got good grades this year and are sure, then go for it. There's no point applying to insurances you don't even want to go to just for the sake of it.

Yeah, it might be a hassle but I'm sure I could sort it out. I'd rather that than risk not getting a place.

Not entirely sure about this, but I think the admissions process for both G103 and G100 is exactly the same, so it won't affect getting an offer. :smile:
Original post by House Dagoth
Bristol has 17 applicants per place for 2010 entry...

since when did maths become so popular? now I have to compete against LOTS of people :sigh:

It's only 1 in 17 because they have just 105 places, not because they have a particularly huge number of applicants.
Really?! We get lessons 3 times a week, starting next week!

lol wow. Im actually quite jealous...
RIGHT. so who will i see at Warwick tomorrow? :biggrin:
Original post by Jampolo

ME! Brown skin, Short Spiky Hair, glasses! I'll be with my friend who is Somalian, I'll be wearing grey joggers and a black jacket and top. YOU CAN'T MISS ME NOW! ;D
Reply 1557
Original post by Jampolo

wait, what?

they are already holding open days?

-_-
Original post by ilyking
wait, what?

they are already holding open days?

-_-

Firstly, sick sig! Secondly. HELL YEAH! I think tomorrow is the last one? But yeah, can't wait to see it. :colone:
ME! Brown skin, Short Spiky Hair, glasses! I'll be with my friend who is Somalian, I'll be wearing grey joggers and a black jacket and top. YOU CAN'T MISS ME NOW! ;D

=(...wont be there.....dw we will meet up in at sox vs kozzie clash :colone:

TODAY I START STEP :colone:

Latest