Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeccaCath94)
    I was just wondering how many people take further maths at your school?
    Im doing the AS in year 13 and it started out with 5 girls but now theres only 3...its cosy!!! hehe
    Theres probably more doing the full A level.....
    yeah theres not that many in my further maths class either...there were 4 at the start of year 12 and then 5 when i changed subjects from psychology to further maths last november. the whole class is tiny though we fit in 2 rows :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by like_a_star)
    yeah theres not that many in my further maths class either...there were 4 at the start of year 12 and then 5 when i changed subjects from psychology to further maths last november. the whole class is tiny though we fit in 2 rows :O
    We fit in one row!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeccaCath94)
    We fit in one row!!!!!!
    wow that is tiny :O

ReputationRep:
    2 classes of (approx) 20.

ReputationRep:
    Whoa, you guys are lucky. My college has 2 classes of 25. :/

ReputationRep:
    There is one class at my sixth form.

.. with two people, including me. Hehe

It's very under subscribed but I can understand why.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gamma)

I have two people in my STEP class, including me. (they start in two weeks but that's not the point).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    That's huge! We had 22, which then went down to 18, and there were well over 400 people in the year! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by like_a_star)
    wow that is tiny :O
    theres only 3 of us!!!

(Original post by Gamma)

Yeah same!!! Theres 3 including em at my school although quite a few people took the full FM a level so are doing it from the beginning of year 12, but im only doing the AS so started for year 13 only....

ReputationRep:
    We have two further maths classes of around 20-25 in a college with perhaps 1,000 people in my year ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jameswhughes)
    That's huge! We had 22, which then went down to 18, and there were well over 400 people in the year! :eek:
    Looking at the ratios considering my year has 1500, it's not too bad! And considering further yet, only me and another in my STEP class, 'tis all good. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Looking at the ratios considering my year has 1500, it's not too bad! And considering further yet, only me and another in my STEP class, 'tis all good. :cool:
    You have STEP classes? Nice

ReputationRep:
    My further maths class has the grand total of 3 people in it (1 of whom never turns up).

EDIT: Mind you we have like 70 people in our year

Our straight-maths classes are 5 people and 10 people, of which I am in neither as I'm doing it myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gamma)
    You have STEP classes? Nice
    Yhupp, they've also enrolled me onto some 4 month course starting in February. The support is impressive.

(Original post by hassi94)
    My further maths class has the grand total of 3 people in it (1 of whom never turns up).

EDIT: Mind you we have like 70 people in our year

Our straight-maths classes are 5 people and 10 people, of which I am in neither as I'm doing it myself
    You're so lucky, my teacher said I could leave my further maths class and study alone, if I managed to do 3 papers at 95% each for FP1 FP2 and M2. -_-

ReputationRep:
    Yhupp, they've also enrolled me onto some 4 month course starting in February. The support is impressive.

You're so lucky, my teacher said I could leave my further maths class and study alone, if I managed to do 3 papers at 95% each for FP1 FP2 and M2. -_-
    I may be lucky to have a small class but there is not 1 adult in my entire school who knows what STEP is apart from 'some cambridge maths test'.

ReputationRep:
    I may be lucky to have a small class but there is not 1 adult in my entire school who knows what STEP is apart from 'some cambridge maths test'.
    Wow, that's rather shocking, I was under the assumption your sixth form is a top institute. But dw, your positives outweigh that negative. For some reason the smartest kids at my sixth form are doing engineering. :/

ReputationRep:
    That's very similar to my situation.

Only two of us are taking it but no one else, apart from select Maths teachers, has a clue what it is! But I suppose that makes sense as well - it doesn't impact on anyone else, only on people applying to study Mathematics

ReputationRep:
    Wow, that's rather shocking, I was under the assumption your sixth form is a top institute. But dw, your positives outweigh that negative. For some reason the smartest kids at my sixth form are doing engineering. :/

Haha no no no far from it. I am the only person who will need to do STEP in my year, and the only top maths applicant (as in aiming for Cambridge etc.) our school has had in many years.

(Original post by Gamma)
    That's very similar to my situation.

Only two of us are taking it but no one else, apart from select Maths teachers, has a clue what it is! But I suppose that makes sense as well - it doesn't impact on anyone else, only on people applying to study Mathematics
    I think mine's worse, only 1 maths teacher knows what it is/has ever seen a question before and he insists his mathematical ability isn't high enough to assist me with it. So I have 1 teacher capable of helping me and she has no clue what it is

ReputationRep:
    Haha no no no far from it. I am the only person who will need to do STEP in my year, and the only top maths applicant (as in aiming for Cambridge etc.) our school has had in many years.

I think mine's worse, only 1 maths teacher knows what it is/has ever seen a question before and he insists his mathematical ability isn't high enough to assist me with it. So I have 1 teacher capable of helping me and she has no clue what it is
    Whoa, seriously? That's crazy dude. In many years aswell, LOL! I'm sure you'll be fine, with the help of TSR!

ReputationRep:
    Whoa, seriously? That's crazy dude. In many years aswell, LOL! I'm sure you'll be fine, with the help of TSR!
    Like literally as long as my head of sixth can remember (he's been there like 10 years lmao) there's never been anyone who's applied to somewhere requiring STEP It scares me a lot. Although I guess it makes me stand out in my reference!

Yeah in the end it might be a bit harder for me to pick up but if my ability is there then I should be able to do it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 31, 2013
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.