(Original post by Rahul.S)
    i picked it for job prospect
    Standard, get rich quick.

ReputationRep:
    completed my first COMPLETE- 20 MARK step solution =) :woo:

ReputationRep:
    ucas form sent!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got confirmation emails yet? I have one from Manchester, some other departments at my other unis have sent them too, but maths departments seem to be a bit lazy/slow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dnumberwang)
    Has anyone got confirmation emails yet? I have one from Manchester, some other departments at my other unis have sent them too, but maths departments seem to be a bit lazy/slow
    Nothing from Imperial or Bristol (where we're competing ) but I have confirmation from Cambridge (but not my college), Bath and Warwick.

ReputationRep:
    I have confirmation from Durham and St. Andrews

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edwin Okli)
    Nothing from Imperial or Bristol (where we're competing ) but I have confirmation from Cambridge (but not my college), Bath and Warwick.
    I have college and cambridge confirmation. No other unis yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicMan)
    I have college and cambridge confirmation. No other unis yet
    Emma must not love me.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Emma must not love me.

Emma sent me an acknowledgement the day after I sent my SAQ

Finally got an acknowledgement from Bristol today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldfish134)

Finally got an acknowledgment from Bristol today :D
    This. :) Now only UCL and Oxford ignoring me.. and the dreaded wait for offers :/

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about acknowledgements etc. It took me 3 months to get one from Durham and 8 months from Imperial (this acknowledgement was a rejection through UCAS).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zuzuzu)
    Don't worry about acknowledgements etc. It took me 3 months to get one from Durham and 8 months from Imperial (this acknowledgement was a rejection through UCAS).
    And UCL?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben-smith)
    And UCL?
    Sent an e-mail in late October (29th, iirc) saying 'come to open day, get an offer'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zuzuzu)
    Sent an e-mail in late October (29th, iirc) saying 'come to open day, get an offer'.

In so many words?

ReputationRep:
    UCAS has been sent off, I want to get my offers and rejections now!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Emma sent me an acknowledgement the day after I sent my SAQ

Finally got an acknowledgement from Bristol today
    Ahhh, I'd better hurry up and complete it then. (You're applying to Emma too? I'm screwed...)

Checking my email.. and acknowledgement from Bristol. Yay!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben-smith)
    In so many words?
    "I am writing to you concerning your application for a place on our degree BSc Mathematics (G100). I am very pleased to tell you that I have recommended to our Faculty Office that you be made an offer for a place. You should hear formally and in more detail from the College and from UCAS in due course. I am also inviting you to make a visit to the department for an Introductory Day on Wednesday 17th November 2010 at 1:30pm.

This visit will not involve an interview. It is instead an opportunity for you to learn more about UCL, the Mathematics Department and the degree programme(s) for which you have applied."
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    About acknowledgements and offers, I really wouldn't worry. My last acknowledgement was from Durham. In terms of offers, I got Nottingham in about 3 weeks, York about 3 weeks after that (same day as Cambridge interview), Kings in December, Cambridge offer in January and rejection from Durham in March. But it all varies. I know people who got all there offers within a month and others who got all their offers about February time
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Ahhh, I'd better hurry up and complete it then. (You're applying to Emma too? I'm screwed...)

Checking my email.. and acknowledgement from Bristol. Yay!
    Yeah, I'm applying to Emma for maths

Just realised I'm applying to the exact same universities as you

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm applying to Emma for maths

Just realised I'm applying to the exact same universities as you
    That really is scary. But.. looking at your grades (and extrapolating your mathematical aptitude) I'd say you probably won't even have to bother with any universities but Cambridge.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.