ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by BeccaCath94)
    Oh great thanks When is it do you know?
    Monday 30th January
    Morning I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thrug)
    Got an A*AA offer from Bath last Friday - and a few more at my school have got offers from Bath.

Did you put down on UCAS you were sitting STEP/AEA?
    Congrats!
    (Original post by snow leopard)
    Congrats! Can I ask though, on UCAS, in the qualifications bit, did you include STEP/AEA?
    Yes - I was a bit confused because on the open day, they said if you put down only STEP then they give you only a STEP offer, or only AEA leads to an only-AEA offer. I just put down STEP with my A-levels, dated June 2012, no other information, and nothing at all about AEA. But they still gave me an AEA option? Oh well, not complaining

(Original post by Edwin Okli)
    Ahh, you lucky guy. I want an offer from Bath already. *waits impatiently*
    (Original post by ben-smith)
    There are no words for how jealous I am
    (Original post by Beth1234)
    Congratulations! I'm surprised they've started giving out offers already... perhaps you were just too good!

Meh. No such luck yet But hopefully a longer wait will be worth it!
    You guys will be fine! I'm really quite surprised Bath have started making offers so early - I'm the second in my school to get an offer, the day after a girl I know Don't panic, and just remember where your towel is...

(Original post by cpdavis)
    :woo:
    Thank you so much for the help with the PS! I really, really owe you one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldfish134)
    Monday 30th January
    Morning I think
    Thank you
    Maybe thats why it wasnt on the exam timetable from school as it only goes up to 27th....

ReputationRep:
    Anyone received acknowledgement from Imperial or Oxford?

(Probably not, but are we expected to receive acknowledgements from Ox/Cam by submission deadline, i.e. today?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twig)
    Anyone received acknowledgement from Imperial or Oxford?

(Probably not, but are we expected to receive acknowledgements from Ox/Cam by submission deadline, i.e. today?)
    I think Oxford are slower than Cambridge at acknowledging but they probably should acknowledge you today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twig)
    How long did UCL take to respond to your email? I sent mine yesterday evening. No replies yet (although it has not been long...).
    Almost exactly 12 hours.

ReputationRep:
    Got the response to the UCL module marks.

(Original post by Edwin Okli)
    I think Oxford are slower than Cambridge at acknowledging but they probably should acknowledge you today.
    So must they send acknowledgements out by Oct 15th? This is very worrying if that's the case. Have not received any update from them yet.

(Original post by dnumberwang)
    Any news from Ox?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twig)
    Got the response to the UCL module marks.
    I'm assuming this was nothing more than a thank you which was what I got?.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twig)
    So must they send acknowledgements out by Oct 15th? This is very worrying if that's the case. Have not received any update from them yet.
    Not necessarily.

If you sent off your UCAS application in time, they will have it. Don't worry. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twig)
    Any news from Ox?
    :no:

Got emails from all of my other unis though, except Imperial

Which college are you going for?

ReputationRep:

Imperial are notorious for this. Happens every year. The first I heard from them last year was when I got an offer. No acknowledgement whatsoever.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for comfirming the acknowledgement dates issue.

I'm assuming this was nothing more than a thank you which was what I got?.
    Yep.

Exactly same situation. Just waiting Imp and Ox.

ReputationRep:
    This is getting ridiculous, if i wasnt applying to cambridge i would have literally zero work right now. As it stands i have tonnes.

ReputationRep:
    If Mr.UCAS came up to me now and gave me the option of either continuing as I am now or a UCL offer but 4 rejections from the rest, I think I would take the latter.

ReputationRep:
    If Mr.UCAS came up to me now and gave me the option of either continuing as I am now or a UCL offer but 4 rejections from the rest, I think I would take the latter.
    Why the impatience?! :p:

It's still October; offers usually start flying in properly from November onwards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farhan.Hanif93)
    Why the impatience?! :p:

It's still October; offers usually start flying in properly from November onwards.
    I am becoming increasingly disenchanted with school. Any interest I may have had has now left and I find it difficult to do any work at all. All I want is to go to university and do cool maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by officeface)
    I think my tutor sent them off, but I got needlessly worried and sent them off again in a separate email. Got a nice email back from admissions tutor:
    Did you send the details to the generic maths dept email id?

ReputationRep:
    If I sent off my application, have I got a week to change a uni choice/course?

ReputationRep:
    I am becoming increasingly disenchanted with school. Any interest I may have had has now left and I find it difficult to do any work at all. All I want is to go to university and do cool maths.
    I know what you mean. That said, there's nothing stopping you from doing cool maths? If you're on top of your A-Levels, just find some lecture notes and start work through them or something.

Are you bored of STEP already? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeccaCath94)
    If I sent off my application, have I got a week to change a uni choice/course?
    I believe that's how it works. I can no longer substitute a course. Now things are real.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.