Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm a first year student doing International Politics and History at Aberystwyth University. During the last few months I've had personal problems that have affected my studies (was diagnosed with depression in January, exacerbated by reaction to medication, being forced out of my house for next year due to disagreements, living so far away from home and other stuff) and have also decided that I'd rather just do History straight up - really fallen out of love with Politics and really don't enjoy that half of my course like I do the History part.

Basically, what would my chances be of being able to repeat the year doing just History at this stage starting in September? The biggest issue for me would be getting university accommodation on campus - something I would really like but difficult I would imagine given the fact that UCAS deadline for new students was in January.

Also I've been thinking about changing universities if i repeat because of the location and the fact I've grown up in London/Essex means I'm finding Aber doesn't really suit me. Does anyone know where I'd stand on being able to start next year as a first-year student somewhere ese and getting accommodation?

Many thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to bump a thread which I'm sure is annoying, it's just I'm starting to worry about this an awful lot

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.