Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I just got this broadcast through on my blackberry, and it made me cry!

"Hi Mummy
    I am only 3/4 of an inch long, but I have all of my organs. I love the sound of your voice. Eveytime I hear it, I wave my arms and legs. The sound of your heartbeat is my favourite lullaby.

Month 2,
    Mummy, Today I learned how to suck my thumb. If you could see me now, you can definately tell I am a baby. I'm not big enough to survive outside my home though. It is so nice and warm in here.

Month 3,
    You know what Mummy, I'm a GIRL! I hope that makes you happy. I want you to always be happy. I dont like it when you cry, you sound so sad, and it makes me sad too. And I cry with you, even though you cant hear me.

Month 4,
    Mummy, My hair is starting to grow. It is very short and fine, but I will have a lot of it. I spend a lot of my time exercising. I can turn my head and curl my fingers and toes, and stretch my arms and legs. I am becoming quite good at it too.

Month 5,
    You went to the doctors today mummy, but he lied to you. He said that I'm not a baby. I am a baby, mummy, I'm your baby. I think and feel. Mummy, what's an abortion?

Month 6,
    I can hear that doctor again. I dont like him. He seems cold and heartless. Something is intruding my home. The doctor called it a needle. Mummy it burns. Please make him stop. I cant get away from it. Mummy, please help me.

Month 7,
    Mummy, I am okay. I'm in God's arms. He is holding me. He told me about abortion. Why didn't you want me mummy?

Every abortion is just...
    One more heart that was stopped.
    Two more eyes that will never see.
    Two more hands that will never touch.
    Two more legs that will never run.
    One more mouth that will never speak"

This made me cry! I am against abortion. I would never have one myself, under any circumstances (Unless the baby wouldnt survive outside of the womb).

What are your views on abortion?

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes:

For starters, this has been debated a million times. There are lots of threads in this section about abortion.

Secondly, I don't know how many logical fallacies you've managed to get into that post but it's absolutely ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    I didnt write the broadcast, it was sent to me. It touched me, and I wanted to see how other people reacted towards it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlotteeee<3)
    I didnt write the broadcast, it was sent to me. It touched me, and I wanted to see how other people reacted towards it.
    I'm pro-choice. I don't mind people who are anti-abortion, but I really hate htat broadcast. It's so manipulative!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up sugar, or salt?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.