Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I got offer from both Bournemouth and hertfordshire university.
    Bournemouth : Music and Audio Technology
    Hertfordshire : Sound Design Technology

I know that bournemouth has a better ranking in general.But I'm not sure if it is good on the feild of audio technology. I've heared it that the facilities in hertfordshire is much better than bournemouth. And now I'm completely confused which one to choose!!!!

Could you help me to deal with this dilemma:confused:

ReputationRep:
    I'd say go for herts. But obviously you'll want to do more research than asking on an internet forum. Have you had a look at their prospectuses and websites? etc..

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I've done research on their prospectuses and websites a lot and I've found both of them interesting but now I wanna know which university is more creditable ?

ReputationRep:
    Hertfordshire is ranked 41 and Bournemouth is ranked 55 according to the complete university guide.

Hertfordshire is ranked 59 for your course, whereas Bournemouth is a lot lower. I've been to University of Hertfordshire more than 5 times and i can tell you that the University has improve greatly over the years, watch out when Hertfordshire will be with Nottingham and Birmingham University. The music technology there is amazing, Hertfordshire offer the best for their students, with great facilities. Hertfordshire is a nice campus, very modern there are future plans for improvement for students.

I advice you look more into Hertfordshire, i live 45mins from this University i know its where abouts like the back of my hand so if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yas01)
    Hertfordshire is ranked 41 and Bournemouth is ranked 55 according to the complete university guide.

Hertfordshire is ranked 59 for your course, whereas Bournemouth is a lot lower. I've been to University of Hertfordshire more than 5 times and i can tell you that the University has improve greatly over the years, watch out when Hertfordshire will be with Nottingham and Birmingham University. The music technology there is amazing, Hertfordshire offer the best for their students, with great facilities. Hertfordshire is a nice campus, very modern there are future plans for improvement for students.

I advice you look more into Hertfordshire, i live 45mins from this University i know its where abouts like the back of my hand so if you have any questions feel free to PM me.
    Thanks a lot for your great guidance. have you seen anyone whos studying music technology in hertfordshire?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marji)
    Thanks a lot for your great guidance. have you seen anyone whos studying music technology in hertfordshire?
    Yeah well i know a lot of people at Hertfordshire, since its my local University. Music Technology there is great, from the studios to the editing software.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.