Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, just wanted to ask people about any advice for passing theory test.

What books or cds did you use and where they of any help?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GC93)
    Hey, just wanted to ask people about any advice for passing theory test.

What books or cds did you use and where they of any help?

Thanks

I bought the all in one disc for £5(includes almost everything you need to know) from Wilkinson's back in June last year, I don't think they sell it no more though. I practiced on that but the disc got damaged and became unusable so i bought a different but better theory test disc which I'm sure I bought from WHsmith. Its called the ''official DSA 2010-2014 all you need to know''. Now I have passed both my theory and practical I still feel that the disc helps me when I'm out on my own driving.basically thats the best one I have had and it provides all the questions and hazard clips that you could be asked in the practical test. costs £15. good luck

You must get more than 43/50 questions correct on questions section. forgot what you need for the hazard perception though. I think its 55 out of 70 something.

ReputationRep:
    I used the Official DSA disk that my instructor lent me along with Driving Test Professional. I would recommend you make sure you cover every question on the disk until you can get at least 47/50 each time as I learnt the hard way the first time I did my theory test.

Its also also 44 out of 75 for hazard perception, btw.

ReputationRep:
    You can get a CD from morrisons, or order it from the internet. This CD:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...7T6YAC7FK8EBSZ

is really good - It's got everything, including practical. I ended up getting 49/50 for the questions, and 69/75 for the hazard perception.
    It is well worth the £5.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.