Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How comfortable are you with nudity in your own home? Watch

Hey, just wondering how comfortable the people of TSR are with nudity in your own home?
    When I'm at home with my parents, brothers and sisters, obviously everyone wears clothes alot of the time but, of course there are going to be times when people are only wearing a towel or whatever because they're going to/getting out of the shower, which is fair enough.
    Yet at uni, I live with 4 guys and one of them seems really, really overly uncomfortable with nudity, he seems weird and uncomfortable if he sees me walking to the shower in a towel and just doesn't seem comfortable with it whatsoever. Obviously, I'm respectable and I'm not going to hang out with my wang out in the kitchen but, if I've just come back from the gym, I sweaty, I cba to put a shirt on, then sure I'll go to the kitchen and get something without a shirt on and even that seems problematic.

Anyway, how comfortable are you with nudity around your house and how comfortable are your flatmates/family?

ReputationRep:
    I live in a shared house and we are generally pretty blase about partial nudity. Walking around in towels, dashing downstairs in a bra to get a top off the clothes horse etc is fine. I can't imagine anyone walking around fully naked though.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I don't exactly walk around the house naked, but nudity isn't really much of an issue in my house. If one of us walked in on another person naked it wouldn't really bother any of us.

ReputationRep:
    My brother eats tea at the table in just his boxars. He's basically Axl from The Middle.

ReputationRep:
    We have a failing central heating system so I try to stay as fully clothed as possible in my house....but what you have said sounds perfectly normal.

ReputationRep:
    My family understand that I'm too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for shirt, too sexy it hurts.

So they've learnt to accept my nudity.

ReputationRep:
    Your flatmate sounds like a closeted gay.

Depends where I'm living. I don't have much of an 'opportunity' to walk around in a towel in my parents house cause I get undressed in the bathroom. If I lived in a shared house, I'd probably walk around in a towel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm not going to hang out with my wang out in the kitchen
    Just so you know, this quote has made my day.

ReputationRep:
    im comfortable flopping it out anywhere

ReputationRep:
    Haha, no I wear all my clothes at home, but I wouldn't mind walking around in just a bra & pants when I move out, It's not like anyone's going to see me
    If I lived with a bunch of other girls I wouldn't mind either :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    anything from chest upwards is fine to be naked

ReputationRep:
    I definitely don't want to see my parents naked!!!!! :eek:
    I'll just scratch my eyes out!!

ReputationRep:
    at home with just members of my family we are really unbothered - like we have the least scruples about nudity of any family i know. idk why. but i'm glad we do as i'd hate to have to be all "waaaahhh i'm naked" around members of my own family. it's like, your mum saw you naked when you were born ffs! your siblings probably saw you get your nappy changed or maybe they even helped change your nappy. i think it's a good thing to have some people around whom you can be just homo sapiens sapiens, innit.

at my house with my flatmates, hmmmm, we're not bothered about walking around in towels or the guys going shirtless but more than that... no.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, just wondering how comfortable the people of TSR are with nudity in your own home?
    When I'm at home with my parents, brothers and sisters, obviously everyone wears clothes alot of the time but, of course there are going to be times when people are only wearing a towel or whatever because they're going to/getting out of the shower, which is fair enough.
    Yet at uni, I live with 4 guys and one of them seems really, really overly uncomfortable with nudity, he seems weird and uncomfortable if he sees me walking to the shower in a towel and just doesn't seem comfortable with it whatsoever. Obviously, I'm respectable and I'm not going to hang out with my wang out in the kitchen but, if I've just come back from the gym, I sweaty, I cba to put a shirt on, then sure I'll go to the kitchen and get something without a shirt on and even that seems problematic.

Anyway, how comfortable are you with nudity around your house and how comfortable are your flatmates/family?
    Are you sure about that? :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind just underwear (like if I'm gettind dressed and I have to go downstairs to get something, I won't bother putting a gown on) but I only live with my mum. Anything more naked than that is not gonna happen though.

ReputationRep:

He's gay and trying to hide his erection.

I think you have a secret admirer.

ReputationRep:
    I'm naked as much as possible indoors, clothes are just denying who you really are.

I think it's a bit sad that some people are so insecure about their body that they can't walk around without a shirt on, especially if its 50 degrees in summer. Not having to wear clothes is liberating.

Within the first few days of uni most of my flatmates had either seen me naked or walked in on me and my girlfriend so they now know what to expect. Teaches them to knock I guess.

ReputationRep:
    My parents don't mind wandering round naked at all and do it frequently, which I hate because I'm very uncomfortable with nudity. If I lived in a shared house I wouldn't be comfortable being seen anything less than fully dressed, and if my flatmates chose to go round in underwear or towels or whatever, I'd feel a little awkward, but much less awkward than having my parents come into my bedroom fully naked to talk about what we're having for supper.

Yes, I have hang-ups; yes, I blame my parents...

ReputationRep:
    In be4 :sexface: Damn, somebody beat me to it.

ReputationRep:
    This is hot. I just jizzed.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.