Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How comfortable are you with nudity in your own home? Watch

ReputationRep:
    when i was studying my undergraduate degree and was living in private accommodation with 4 other girls between 2006-2009 they were all very open about walking around with nothing more than their knickers.... mammaries everywhere. unfortunately none of these girls possessed figures that were all that aesthetically pleasing, so to catch glimpses of this was, occasionally, very awkward.
    ....however i would like to clarify that I was always totally dressed when around them at all times.

i now live at home with mother, father, and pet cat...... father occasionally is shirtless when watching television, and my cat is always naked. but that's as naughty/rowdy as it gets here - which is a relief to me :]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm not going to hang out with my wang out
    Was this meant to rhyme or did it just happen like that? :awesome:

Anyway, reasonably so in our house. Like my mum will come downstairs in her bra to iron a top, and if I'm changing and she walks in I won't hide or anything! Obviously less so with my dad but I guess that's normal...

At home, nobody sees me undressed except my mum who occasionally sees me with just a bra on on top. At uni I live in a mixed appartments but we're all fine with popping to the lounge with just a pair of holdups, knickers and a bra on to get things out of the tumble dryer. We walk around with teddys on rather often too in the morning. The guys are fine with coming out of the shower with just their towels around their waist which is great as they are :sexface: expecially one who looks like Chace Crawford. Lots of people seem to think this is weird as we live in a mixed flat but I think the four guys see us girls as sisters rather than as potential date material.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by NOBODY MOVE!)
    when i was studying my undergraduate degree and was living in private accommodation with 4 other girls between 2006-2009 they were all very open about walking around with nothing more than their knickers.... mammaries everywhere. unfortunately none of these girls possessed figures that were all that aesthetically pleasing, so to catch glimpses of this was, occasionally, very awkward.
    ....however i would like to clarify that I was always totally dressed when around them at all times.

i now live at home with mother, father, and pet cat...... father occasionally is shirtless when watching television, and my cat is always naked. but that's as naughty/rowdy as it gets here - which is a relief to me :]
    Made me LOL

ReputationRep:
    I'm fine with nudity at home, but in a shared house its very different.
    I wouldn't want my housemates to see me, and I don't want to see them in a towel.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going to hang out with my wang out
    LOL. Stealing this.

ReputationRep:
    First year I lived with a mix of guys and girls, so we didn't hang around nude at all unless it was in one room with all the girls getting ready. I lived with 3 girls in my second year, so we were all fine with walking around in just our underwear and it wasn't uncomfortable at all. This year, I live with 3 guys so nudity for me is a no go lol but the guys are always walking around with just a towel around their bottom half or just boxers. Thats as far as it goes - thank god!

ReputationRep:
    I live with my mother.

Please, no nudity.

At home my dad occasionally wanders about naked (eg from my parents room to the bathroom), which is a bit awkward lol but tbh it's innocent so I can't say it particularly disturbs me or anything. More like "eew".

I would be awkward about nakedness in front of my parents. But I have gotten changed with my mum in the room and her back turned, and I wouldn't mind her seeing me in my underwear. Has occasionally happened when I'm showing her clothes or she's helping me adjust a piece of clothing to fit. Or when I was younger she helped me with my first bras like "noo that one doesn't fit well" etc.

Would never do that with my brother or dad though.

During brief periods where I live with my boyfriend obviously there isn't any issue with nudity, but it's not like I wouldn't cover myself up to go around outside of the vicinity of the bedroom. He is more lazy/shameless with getting dressed lol.

At uni I live with 2 girls, seeing each other out of the shower with a towel on, not a problem for anyone. I wouldn't mind chilling in my underwear tbh, I'm quite confident bodywise, but there is no reason to. I wouldn't really be happy with nakedness. One of my flatmates I have seen in her bra, it wasn't awkward tbh, we're both (non-lesbian) girls just having a chat. And she's actually really religious (long skirts every day) so if it's not an issue for her (when same gender) I would say it is unusual for it to be an issue.

What you described sounds perfectly normal.

ReputationRep:
    Naked Wednesdays!!!

Hang out with your wang out bro - let some air get to the lower hair

ReputationRep:
    When there's no-one home I have no problem being naked around the house.

When my family are home, I'll dart about in my undies if need be (say the outfit i'd planned to wear is in the garage etc.)

ReputationRep:
    In my family its not strange to see someone in a towel, especially as the shower is downstairs and I'm the only person out of 5 to use the bath upstairs instead.

Naked? I save that for when my family is out, I turn up the music, dance and generally have no shame walking around the house in my birthday suit. My family doesn't know this, but its very rare I get the house to myself anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, just wondering how comfortable the people of TSR are with nudity in your own home?
    When I'm at home with my parents, brothers and sisters, obviously everyone wears clothes alot of the time but, of course there are going to be times when people are only wearing a towel or whatever because they're going to/getting out of the shower, which is fair enough.
    Yet at uni, I live with 4 guys and one of them seems really, really overly uncomfortable with nudity, he seems weird and uncomfortable if he sees me walking to the shower in a towel and just doesn't seem comfortable with it whatsoever. Obviously, I'm respectable and I'm not going to hang out with my wang out in the kitchen but, if I've just come back from the gym, I sweaty, I cba to put a shirt on, then sure I'll go to the kitchen and get something without a shirt on and even that seems problematic.

Anyway, how comfortable are you with nudity around your house and how comfortable are your flatmates/family?
    I won't walk about naked, but in a towel, bra & pants, etc then it's fine. I don't see the major issue with partial nudity.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, just wondering how comfortable the people of TSR are with nudity in your own home?
    When I'm at home with my parents, brothers and sisters, obviously everyone wears clothes alot of the time but, of course there are going to be times when people are only wearing a towel or whatever because they're going to/getting out of the shower, which is fair enough.
    Yet at uni, I live with 4 guys and one of them seems really, really overly uncomfortable with nudity, he seems weird and uncomfortable if he sees me walking to the shower in a towel and just doesn't seem comfortable with it whatsoever. Obviously, I'm respectable and I'm not going to hang out with my wang out in the kitchen but, if I've just come back from the gym, I sweaty, I cba to put a shirt on, then sure I'll go to the kitchen and get something without a shirt on and even that seems problematic.

Anyway, how comfortable are you with nudity around your house and how comfortable are your flatmates/family?
    Its been different in every house I have lived in. At my parents house I was more than happy to walk around in jeans and bra. In halls I was clothed all the time except when going from shower to room and back when I wore a bath robe, I lived with a girl who walked around in just her pants, which I though was slightly weird but she also came running into my bf's room begging me to swap bras with her! In my student house, one of my housemates would wander around in just pants and a jumper, my bf was not impressed to be confronted by that sight. lol. My best friend and I were pretty comfortable with each other, she would often come and get into bed with me in just her underwear, the only male housemate I had would wander around in boxers. Now I live with my bf I am happy to walk around topless if its just the two of us and he hardly ever wears a top.

ReputationRep:
    I have to be careful in my house. Mainly because my brother will invite friends over without me realising that they're there.

ReputationRep:
    If I am on my own, no problem at all, but if my Mum, Gran or Sister are in then I'd be happy just to wear underwear.

ReputationRep:
    If I saw someone at home naked I'd probably feel quite awkward and walk away

ReputationRep:
    I'm naked right now :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    I walk around in my boxers and a vest/tshirt a lot of the time at home, especially if I'm having one of those lazy days where I cba to shower as soon as I wake up.

ReputationRep:
    At home, nobody sees me undressed except my mum who occasionally sees me with just a bra on on top. At uni I live in a mixed appartments but we're all fine with popping to the lounge with just a pair of holdups, knickers and a bra on to get things out of the tumble dryer. We walk around with teddys on rather often too in the morning. The guys are fine with coming out of the shower with just their towels around their waist which is great as they are :sexface: expecially one who looks like Chace Crawford. Lots of people seem to think this is weird as we live in a mixed flat but I think the four guys see us girls as sisters rather than as potential date material.
    Probably not...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.