Turn on thread page Beta

Good foundation for spotty skin? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Due to fact i brought a cheap foundation (dream matte mouse) my skin has got dry and spotty.

my skin looks ok and most spots are not noticable but i would like to invest in a good foundation that will give a good even coverage.

My price range is between £10-£20.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sassy123)
    Hi,

Due to fact i brought a cheap foundation (dream matte mouse) my skin has got dry and spotty.

my skin looks ok and most spots are not noticable but i would like to invest in a good foundation that will give a good even coverage.

My price range is between £10-£20.
    i use dream matte mouse and it hasn't caused me any problems.

if your skin is dry you need to make sure you use a decent moisturiser as a base coat.

ReputationRep:
    Foundation shouldn't cause you huge problems... what do you use on your face other than foundation? Like cleansers etc...?

I have pretty bad skin at times and use Clinique's Anti Blemish liquid foundation. Really good coverage and doesn't irritate spots or dry my skin.

ReputationRep:
    Dream matte mouse seems to disagree with many people.

I have awful skin (oily, yet my nose gets dry and flaky and I occasionally spots and red/blemished areas) so I'm really not the right person to ask as I can't find anything perfect either.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps try a mineral foundation. L'Oreal do one, it's £15.39. Clicky.

There are more expensive ones like Bare Escentuals (around £25)

Look for foundations that state they are 'non-comedogenic'.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Try a high coverage foundation like Revlon Color Stay or MAC Studio Fix...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paperkissx)
    i use dream matte mouse and it hasn't caused me any problems.

if your skin is dry you need to make sure you use a decent moisturiser as a base coat.
    I used a dior one before this given to me as a gift it was great and lasted a long time however it costs about £30 and i just think its silly to spend that amount and i can not afford it.

I use a decent moisturiser a soap and glory one and its great i do belive dream matte mouse is better for oilly skin and i am pale and its a little too dark (i used ivory).

ReputationRep:
    revlon colourstay has great coverage and they have one for dry skin and another for oily/combination.

ReputationRep:
    clinique blemish solutions

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.