Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Due to fact i brought a cheap foundation (dream matte mouse) my skin has got dry and spotty.

my skin looks ok and most spots are not noticable but i would like to invest in a good foundation that will give a good even coverage.

My price range is between £10-£20.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sassy123)
    Hi,

Due to fact i brought a cheap foundation (dream matte mouse) my skin has got dry and spotty.

my skin looks ok and most spots are not noticable but i would like to invest in a good foundation that will give a good even coverage.

My price range is between £10-£20.
    i use dream matte mouse and it hasn't caused me any problems.

if your skin is dry you need to make sure you use a decent moisturiser as a base coat.

ReputationRep:
    Foundation shouldn't cause you huge problems... what do you use on your face other than foundation? Like cleansers etc...?

I have pretty bad skin at times and use Clinique's Anti Blemish liquid foundation. Really good coverage and doesn't irritate spots or dry my skin.

ReputationRep:
    Dream matte mouse seems to disagree with many people.

I have awful skin (oily, yet my nose gets dry and flaky and I occasionally spots and red/blemished areas) so I'm really not the right person to ask as I can't find anything perfect either.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps try a mineral foundation. L'Oreal do one, it's £15.39. Clicky.

There are more expensive ones like Bare Escentuals (around £25)

Look for foundations that state they are 'non-comedogenic'.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Try a high coverage foundation like Revlon Color Stay or MAC Studio Fix...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paperkissx)
    i use dream matte mouse and it hasn't caused me any problems.

if your skin is dry you need to make sure you use a decent moisturiser as a base coat.
    I used a dior one before this given to me as a gift it was great and lasted a long time however it costs about £30 and i just think its silly to spend that amount and i can not afford it.

I use a decent moisturiser a soap and glory one and its great i do belive dream matte mouse is better for oilly skin and i am pale and its a little too dark (i used ivory).

ReputationRep:
    revlon colourstay has great coverage and they have one for dry skin and another for oily/combination.

ReputationRep:
    clinique blemish solutions

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.