Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I don't use facebook that much. I only use it to contact friends and arrange nights out and to see what's going on etc.
    True I do take a camera out a lot but that's more for the memories, and then I don't upload all the pictures to facebook.
    I have blocked a lot of people from my news feed, just because I don't want to know what they are doing every second.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astra_K)
    I only use FB as a means of communication with friends/gf, and i upload photos but most the time dont even publish them. Anyone else find it irritating? Especially the photo whores who make an album for every month of the year with about 100 photos of themselves doing various poses, but 99% of which are just the duck pout to make their cheeks look thinner...
    The thing that I don't understand is -- you have people like yourself moaning about them...but then why do you have them as 'friends'?

I wouldn't 'friend' anyone I didn't know was actually a friend. And none of my friends would be the pathetic attention-seekers that you've just described. But, I dunno, maybe a bit of logic and class is beyond some people.

ReputationRep:
    I deactivated my Facebook because it was pointless and made me really anti-social...even though it's a social networking site, how is that possible?! :confused:
    I wasted so many hours refreshing the homepage every 2 mins when I could be doing something productive
    Ever since I deactivated it's a load off I feel so much better

And too many little girls get exposed on it...everything about it irritated me, it's unnecessary, I never even talked to anyone over it. I only talked to my close friends in school and via text so it wasn't really needed.

ReputationRep:
    coz it's for jabronis!

ReputationRep:
    Got bored of Facebook ages ago, I'm pretty much immune to those things

ReputationRep:
    Just a place to reassure everyone that you have a life.
    I mean, people are now taking digital cameras clubbing or doing anything like going shopping, then uploading them to facebook and publishing them. It just seems like they do it to force their day upon everyone to make sure everyone can see that they are doing something.
    I just read this status and it made me lol:

'Mmmmm...Roast Chicken! Photos to follow'

Can't wait to see the roast chicken someone else has had for lunch :rolleyes:

I only use FB as a means of communication with friends/gf, and i upload photos but most the time dont even publish them. Anyone else find it irritating? Especially the photo whores who make an album for every month of the year with about 100 photos of themselves doing various poses, but 99% of which are just the duck pout to make their cheeks look thinner...

I'm exactly the same as you, and only use facebook for those purposes rather than using it as some sort of fashion statement.

ReputationRep:
    I only go on it so I can boss Scrabble. But I especially hate it when really ordinarily looking ****s post pictures of themselves with a bikini on, with an incredibly low cut top, with 15 inches or so makeup and like they're dressed up for a wedding or something, or, the most cringe-worthy factor, those idiotic 'professional' photos and then call themselves a model. Urgh. Gets on my nerves massive. What ever happened to simple photos taken from webcams? Madness.

ReputationRep:
    Just a place to reassure everyone that you have a life.
    I mean, people are now taking digital cameras clubbing or doing anything like going shopping, then uploading them to facebook and publishing them. It just seems like they do it to force their day upon everyone to make sure everyone can see that they are doing something.
    I just read this status and it made me lol:

'Mmmmm...Roast Chicken! Photos to follow'

Can't wait to see the roast chicken someone else has had for lunch :rolleyes:

Because all your friends are pricks?

Its like asking "whats wrong with mobile phones? All the text messages I receive are vacuous and badly spelt".

I can assure you your facebook issue isn't a problem if your friends aren't a bunch of self-obsessed *****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miss_p)
    I think we should all go and 'like' The Student Room :borat:
    I like the way you think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kerny)
    GUYS:
    - Showing off laddish bullsh*t: throwing up in the street, sporting their new awesome wheels, generally ladding it up, you name it. Taking photos of themselves whilst they drive despite the danger it poses to other road users and pedestrians
    - Taking pictures of themselves in clubs striking some powerful pose with their mouths wide open as if they were belowing out their lungs CUZ I AM SO MAD OMG THIS NIGHT OUT IS SO CRAZY MAN!
    - Taking pictures of one guy in the centre of a giant group of girls CUZ I AM THE GR8EST STUD OF THIS AWESOME NIGHT OUT BRO.
    - Quoting that f*cking godawful gap yah video. Yes girls do it but guys are way more guility. OMG CHUNDERED EVERYWAH. IM SO FUNNY XD

GIRLS:
    - A million photos taken on the same night at the same club all in similar positions, with at least 99% of the photos containing pouting (even though it looks so ****ing stupid).
    - Female groups going into horrible, dirty club toilets and feeling the need to take a hard drive's worth of photos of them posing in the mirror.
    - They will bake a cake or something stupid, then feel the need to take another bazillion photos of it to show the eager world.
    - Posting vague status updates that say something terrible has happened, and refusing to say what happened at all.
    - Taking pictures of themselves in awkward positions designed to hide any imperfections of their bodies: heavily caked in make-up, showing mostly the face with a bit of the shoulders to hide the body (usually to mask obesity), with the contrast stupidly high in order to hide any blemishes on their already makeup-caked faces.

Yes, I hate Facebook. Yes, I'm mad. Rant over.
    HAHAHAHAHA love it!! Took the words right outta my mouth! Exactly why I deactivated. It's so stupid I can't even put it into words!

ReputationRep:
    ARGH the most annoying thing is...

"bath. tea. bed. SORTED"

who cares?!

ReputationRep:
    Thinly veiled 'I have lots of friends on Facebook' thread IMO.

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean, but I just remove people like that from my news feed I guess they must be quite insecure or conceited to feel they have to update the world with their every move.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akkuz)
    I think FB has gone way beyond what it was created for.
    That's really insightful. Thank you for your contribution.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soutioirsim)
    I hate the ones saying:

"OMGZ, Im so upset!!!1 "

Then people reply:

"Whats up babez?"

And then:

"Ill txt you l8er xxxxx"

:facepalm:

Skip facebook and just talk to your friends you idiot
    LOL agreed :five:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holamigo)
    what annoys me is the people who update their status every hour! argh
    Next they will put 'i'm just on the toilet...'
    It's just getting silly.
    One of my brother's friends actually updated his status saying "...is taking a s***."

He was swiftly deleted.

I hate Facebook, I agree with this thread, SO much! It is however useful for messaging my friends from home and also friends abroad who I otherwise wouldn't keep in touch with. No one uses MSN now, otherwise I'd delete Facebook and use that instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nayberay)
    LOL agreed :five:
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets ****ing annoyed with it

ReputationRep:
    theres this one girl who posts status's like.. 'Marbella 2k11 wiv ma galzz' and 'luvin lyf,, sooooo drunk!!!!'

haven't deleted her because it makes me laugh.

ReputationRep:
    Inane status updates really are infuriating... but I still find them somewhat interesting to flick over. And then think "What a useless plonker you are for posting this".

I generally use facebook to communicate with friends when using a phone is too much bother. Or when posting status updates about huge sporting moments. But status updates (whether cryptic or explicit) actually about ME? Hell no.

ReputationRep:
    i go on facebook to keep in touch with mates. i upload quite lot of pics too

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2011
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.