Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    No, John, I don't ****ing care if your cat just woke up.

ReputationRep:
    I find it SO annoying when people just have albums of themselves posing
    but I have to admit. since getting the Facebook app on my iPhone and therefore having constant access to fb I find myself updating my status for the most random things just because I can

ReputationRep:
    Aside from when people have asked me to - notably, when I crashed my car - I have never uploaded photos to Facebook. I'm entirely sure I don't even know how to do it, in fact. I don't see what's wrong with letting everyone else's (awful) photos of me to constitute my photos - maybe take a couple of good ones to use for profile pictures, but there's no need for any more than that really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astra_K)
    YEH BOI
    I really didn't think much about your actual post, I just smacked my head off the desk laughing so hard at your neg train.

ReputationRep:
    I wish i could deactivate but i'd be completly out of the loop with all my friends who have gone off to uni. Everyone uses it as invites to parties nowadays too, so i reckon i'd miss out on alot. I wish it never existed however! so much time is wasted on that website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superlogon)
    I wish i could deactivate but i'd be completly out of the loop with all my friends who have gone off to uni. Everyone uses it as invites to parties nowadays too, so i reckon i'd miss out on alot. I wish it never existed however! so much time is wasted on that website.
    in a way i agree with that

ReputationRep:
    I sometimes take a camera out to take pics so that I can remember the good times in months to come. Especially if they're silly ones. Don't do it just for facebook, but I do end up uploading them so my friends can see too.

ReputationRep:
    I don't use Facebook because I don't have any friends.

ReputationRep:
    I only use Facebook to stalk... so it's all good.

I NEED to know what sandwich he just ate, I NEED to know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soutioirsim)
    I hate the ones saying:

"OMGZ, Im so upset!!!1 "

Then people reply:

"Whats up babez?"

And then:

"Ill txt you l8er xxxxx"

:facepalm:

Skip facebook and just talk to your friends you idiot
    Exactly What's the point if you're not going to say it.

ReputationRep:
    Facebook must seem like the work of the Devil to those without a social life. I must admit, I do find it tedious having to pose for photos when I just want to chat/dance/drink/smoke/kiss etc etc.

The positives of facebook outweigh the negatives, I love stalking people (spesh those what I fancy :P) though the OP is right- whether you admit it or not or whether you have a decent social life or not, facebook is all about keeping face, in a social sense anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I find it hilarious and annoying in equal measure, when students on my course go on facebook in the working day (9:30am - 4:30pm), taking up a computer at a busy time when there are none spare....If you're not designing, get off the computer so someone else can actually do their work! I find it funny that they get distracted so easily. Have they no self control?! Not at Uni to go on facebook, You're there to study!!! Or meant to be!! Jeez.

ReputationRep:
    I hate Frape or whatever it is they call it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetness345)
    Exactly What's the point if you're not going to say it.
    Exaclty! if they don't make their problems public then i cannot fufil my stalking mission

ReputationRep:
    I can identify with these opinions!! Lol :') you've describes it perfectly OP, I use it for mild entertainment and keeping it touch with my mates back home. I update too much though

ReputationRep:
    i think people should calm down here becasue after all it is there account and its not agaist the rules. also if they were your friends why would you moan at them about there satus.

ReputationRep:
    An actual status on my Fb right now:

"Can You Actually Not See How Much You're Hurting Me? </3"

"So-and-so likes this."

It's not all bad you see.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose its great for people to keep in touch with friends in different time zones, then again you have no choice but die a little inside when the inevitable "like-fishing" comes on.

Theres a guy on my facebook right now with a photo of himself topless in a bathtub with earphones on, painfully trying to look nonchalant but you can practically see the narcissism oozing out of his nipples. He got 16 likes and 34 comments, and he occasionally interjects by acting modest and going "lolololol nooo im not that buff, i can bench 140 and its difficult cuz you got to eat right but nahhh"

*closes facebook tab

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soutioirsim)
    I hate the ones saying:

"OMGZ, Im so upset!!!1 "

Then people reply:

"Whats up babez?"

And then:

"Ill txt you l8er xxxxx"

:facepalm:

Skip facebook and just talk to your friends you idiot
    LOL i second this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mehhhw/e)
    You're from Leicester too!? Small world!

On the topic of Facebook, I love when you click through people's fb profiles and they've repeatedly uploaded the same picture with different edits and crops - your face isn't going to change drastically

Oh and another thing: I hate when facebook suggests people to add. I look at all of them and think, "none of you would add me back" - anyone else? no? okay then..
    Not really, leicester is pretty big. Bound to me some people from there.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2011
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.