Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Out of 189 friends on facebook, 150 of them are hidden so I cant see their updates. I am merciless. One update that is daft, or you update too often, or you're being an attention whore, or you invite me to leftie rallies and protests 500 miles away every other day, see ye.

Be cool, hide em.

ReputationRep:
    Someone is jealous

ReputationRep:
    It is annoying that loads of girls upload pictures of them having 'such an amazing' time when clubbing or whatever, maybe if they didn't spend the entire night taking pictures of themselves in the toilets, I would find it easier to believe that they are such fun human beings.

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one that thinks that a boy or girl that changes their profile pic every few days ist just not normal... there's something up with that, they're either very neurotic and need a lot of excitement / change or a bit narcissistic imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astra_K)
    Not really, leicester is pretty big. Bound to me some people from there.
    Yeah, after I posted that comment, I stalked your profile and noticed you live in Leicestershire.. not so small. :nope:

Hey, you're the only person on TSR I've 'found' who's from Leicester (that I know of) - so it IS a small world in that sense :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mehhhw/e)
    Yeah, after I posted that comment, I stalked your profile and noticed you live in Leicestershire.. not so small. :nope:

Hey, you're the only person on TSR I've 'found' who's from Leicester (that I know of) - so it IS a small world in that sense :rolleyes:
    Ive seen a few. Im not technically from Leicester, but everyone from near leicester city tends to say they are.
    I'm actually near Lutterworth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by espada00)
    I suppose its great for people to keep in touch with friends in different time zones, then again you have no choice but die a little inside when the inevitable "like-fishing" comes on.

Theres a guy on my facebook right now with a photo of himself topless in a bathtub with earphones on, painfully trying to look nonchalant but you can practically see the narcissism oozing out of his nipples. He got 16 likes and 34 comments, and he occasionally interjects by acting modest and going "lolololol nooo im not that buff, i can bench 140 and its difficult cuz you got to eat right but nahhh"

*closes facebook tab
    you should post the pic on here? are you aloud to do it?

ReputationRep:
    Probably not

ReputationRep:
    ok fair enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissLightyear)
    Attachment 98217

Eminem quote made me laugh so hard :lol:

But seriously though, FB is what you make of it. Don't like duckfaced spammers? well, don't befriend them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astra_K)
    Especially the photo whores who make an album for every month of the year with about 100 photos of themselves doing various poses, but 99% of which are just the duck pout to make their cheeks look thinner...
    You know, I didn't notice it until you pointed it out, then I realised it was totally true.

But this just made me really LOL:

http://i53.tinypic.com/wb2ypg.gif

ReputationRep:
    what would some of you cant as spam then?

ReputationRep:
    Yep uni fresher photo albums were a must amongst my friends so it seems. I didn't conform. I'm all for taking photos but I hardly upload pics really. And it annoys me when people use the amount of tagged photos you're in as sort of a popularity thing, like the friend count. I have a friend who takes LOADS of photos no matter what she is doing. Does that mean she has more of a life than me? No. Lol

ReputationRep:
    I've seen this come up alot recently, I mean what the ****?

"WHY DO WE NEED SCHOOL ? "

•MUSIC: We have YouTube for that.
    •SPORT: I have a Wii.
    •LANGUAGES: I watch Dora.
    •ENGLISH: Everything is shortened anyway. ( LOL,BRB )
    •MATH: That’s why we have calculators.
    •GEOGRAPHY: I’ll buy a globe.
    •DRAMA: that's why I watch eastenders!
    HISTORY:They’re all dead anyway

ReputationRep:
    I made this note and posted it the other week.

Yeah, just another average day dwelling too much upon anything and everything as per usual, like a ********.

Arrive home welcomed by the message – “hey you should post more stuff.” With a load of extra ****-talk, but that’s not really relevant. It’s the second message I’ve received similar to this inside 2 weeks; it didn’t ‘get to me’ as such, and it wasn’t intentionally insulting obviously and I didn’t take it that way, especially due to the fact that I probably post more than the average user (it’s usually just YouTube links or random, stupid life anecdotes), it just got me thinking.

Why do people post stuff like – “I’ve had an absolutely amazing time at such and such club, here’s a load of pics of me dry-humping a load of drunk strangers to the sophisticated sounds of Soulja Boy!!!!!11” Great! I’m happy you enjoyed yourself, but please do tell, why are you announcing this to several hundred people? A lot of which I can guarantee you barely know. If I’ve had a great time, I don’t feel the urge to post all about it. If I did I’d probably think something along the lines of – “Someone could be ill, stuck in bed for the past week. They might be bored ****less, log on, read this, and think ‘Arghhhsaysgd!! Even Pete’s having a good time.’”. I can’t be the only one who thinks like that?

Additionally, why do people post stuff like – “Such a terrible night, I miss youuuuuuuuu.” Or - “Everything’s so ****; I wish my life didn’t sux azz.” Dang, I’m sorry about that, I genuinely am no sarcasm. But please do tell, why are you announcing this to several hundred people? I know it would be predictable / kinda melodramatic for me to say – “You been to Uganda lately bro?” But seriously, if you’re having problems (we all do), confide in your real friends?

More importantly, I am a happy person, and I'm very grateful for what I've got and the people who I spend time with. Just to make that clear.

In truth I realise that I’ll reread this in 2 months’ time and wonder what the ****, but the reason I’m posting this here, and not anonymously on a random forum board, is because the messages were from Facebook, and it seems appropriate. I guess I should stop acting old and catch up to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Facebook is my eternal curse.
    I hate it. I hate it so much I wake up at night, screaming. Facebook gives a megaphone to idiots and encourages them to wail into it, like a baby shooting through a wind tunnel. I can't pull myself away either, I must be on Facebook if I'm online. If I'm not, I feel wrong. I feel dirty.

At least it doesn't infect my life outside of the internet, though. A significant number of my friends have become obsessed by it - They only go out to take photos of themselves to upload to Facebook. Spending entire nights with the camera aimed at themselves, desperately screaming to the people who aren't out with them that they're outside, that they have friends who'll invite them out so they can be ignored whilst they take pictures of themselves.

ReputationRep:
    Facebook became an addictive source of pointless updates what people do/did/will do plus. It used to be a good social experience but now days it's just an empty **** hole, that's why so many people deactivate facebook. I used to love facebook but after seeing all those new updates just to make it more popular and 'cool' I gave up and deactivated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ms94uk)
    Facebook became an addictive source of pointless updates what people do/did/will do plus. It used to be a good social experience but now days it's just an empty **** hole, that's why so many people deactivate facebook. I used to love facebook but after seeing all those new updates just to make it more popular and 'cool' I gave up and deactivated.
    what new updates on facebook? the way they are changeing it?

ReputationRep:
    Thought i'd throw in the latest for lols:

You find out who you mates are one way or anotherr!!!
    8 minutes ago

Lol, such good wisedom

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2011
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.