Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

I got accepted to McGill, unconditional offer, however my acceptance letter says that i have to maintain current academic performance, I have predicted grades A*, A, A so i was wondering what will they do if my grades drop lower than predicted, specially since my results come out mid August and classes start 1st of september!

My 2nd question is, McGill require that the examination boards send them my final A-Level results, I found a form on CIE's site but I couldn't find anything for Edexcel and I would like to know how long after results come out do they receive my results?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know the answers to your questions - I'd just like to say congratulations, that's amazing :eek: You could try emailing them and asking?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you could get your school/college to forward them your results?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahmedfakhry)
    Hey guys

I got accepted to McGill, unconditional offer, however my acceptance letter says that i have to maintain current academic performance, I have predicted grades A*, A, A so i was wondering what will they do if my grades drop lower than predicted, specially since my results come out mid August and classes start 1st of september!

My 2nd question is, McGill require that the examination boards send them my final A-Level results, I found a form on CIE's site but I couldn't find anything for Edexcel and I would like to know how long after results come out do they receive my results?
    did u find an answer. im in the same position as u, and doing the IB diploma.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

Hey congrats!
    About your problem: It seems like you haven't yet sent your final grades. How about AS final grades? Did your school send them from Edexcel? Talk to your school how they've arranged for it. They would do the same while sending your final grades obtained in May exams. And did you do any external tests like SATs or TOEFL or IELTS? Did you require English facility requirement?

Tell you what I did. I went up to British Council (you could check some of their sites! I think they could have the form online or something.) and they asked me to fill up the form to request Edexcel to send my final grades 'cause my school isn't involved in these.

Google Statement of Results( to third party)? Search it on Edexcel site. The form can be found online! And I think it takes 6-8 weeks to be sent.

Hope this helps! Congrats again!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

If your offer is unconditional, they have offered a contract of you coming to their university no matter what. Therefore it would be illegal for them to back out of your contract.

They're only telling you to maintain performance because that's what's best for you - in reality you could do terrible but you must still be accepted - they have no choice.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.