Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegodofgod)
    honestly, I have no idea at the moment, I heard she was switching jobs (within the legal stuff) but I'll get back to you on that when I find out a bit more

sorry
    Oh mate thats fantastic, thanks alot!, when you find out just quote me pls!! much love.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Swimmer)
    Haha, thats me my bad May is nice...but I need to firm it ASAP as accomandation is being booked April/May time anyway..
    Well for Keele it wasn't first come first served. You did the accommodation stuff in May, but rooms weren't allocated until after results day. It was luck what you got really.

ReputationRep:
    Oh mate thats fantastic, thanks alot!, when you find out just quote me pls!! much love.
    No problem

ReputationRep:
    Why has this thead got nothing to do with Law or academics but just bars and getting wasted?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Kerny)
    Why has this thead got nothing to do with Law or academics but just bars and getting wasted?
    I know right! It's not typical TSR is it? You'd expect people to be going on about rankings and prestige and employment and reputation etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kerny)
    End of day I wana get a good degree and enjoy my stay...

ReputationRep:
    I had offers from Keele, Northapmton and lincoln, and i was seriously considering lincoln cus i liked the city and a few of my friends wer going there, but at the end of the day your going to uni to learn. I chose Keele in the end and i do not regret that decision at all. Im in third year law atm and honestly do not want to leave . you will not e disapointed with the nightlife, thers plently to do here

ReputationRep:
    ...for Law.

Keele seems to be very isolated with not many bars/clubs etc...

Northampton on the other hand has nice clubs and is located in nice area...also I've got few friends there so I would feel more at home than at Keele..

Would it be daft if I chose Northampton over Keele?

Btw, I got Unconditional for both.
    Hey, I'm not sure how much help I can be, but I am in the advantageous and unusual position in that my parents are divorced- my dad lives in Northampton and my mum in Stoke, also I am a law student.

I've been to both universities briefly, they're quite different and it does come down to personal preference.

As cities, I'd say neither of them are particularly nice, but nightlife wise, Northampton is okay, nothing special, but there are a couple of good clubs. Stoke by comparison, although dingy etc, does have Newcastle nearby which is okay and Hanley (which although not to my taste, can be quite rough!!!) does have lots of clubs and I know lots of people who love it but atleast the variety is available!

To me, the Keele campus is green and quite pretty and stuff, but predominantly strikes me as being quite a dull place, unlike Northampton uni which in itself seems far more vibrant and fun.

Ultimately it is a question of personal taste and uni guides, friends and family shouldn't pressure to go in any one direction. Both the social and academic experience are essential.

Obviously it goes without saying that Keele has both a better general university reputation and reputation in terms of law than Northampton, which might improve your job prospects. But, it has to be said that everyone I've known who has gone to Keele has disliked it, yet everyone I know who has gone to Northampton loves it! Admittedly this is a select few people and by no means representative, as it does come down to personal opinion.

Feel free to PM if you want to know anything else xx

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.