Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got an AAB offer from Nottingham but if my re-marking doesn't work, most likely I cannot meet my offer by getting AAC. I know that it's ultra competitive to get into universities this year. But I would still like to know how lenient are Nottingham to the slip of grades? P.S. I am an international student, would it make any differences?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, you ight find that these threeads answer your question. Have a nice day.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...hlight=lenient
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...hlight=lenient
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...php?p=23953732

ReputationRep:
    I have just been given an unconditional at Nottingham, with one grade below what they wanted and my friend also got in one grade below.

Saying that I got an A in business which is the subject I am studying and my friend got the correct grades in the two subjects he was studying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack McGill)
    I have just been given an unconditional at Nottingham, with one grade below what they wanted and my friend also got in one grade below.

Saying that I got an A in business which is the subject I am studying and my friend got the correct grades in the two subjects he was studying.
    The OP was asking about what would haappen if they failed to meet the offer conditions for their course - not if the offer conditions match the prospectus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by COSMICDOLPHIN)
    The OP was asking about what would haappen if they failed to meet the offer conditions for their course - not if the offer conditions match the prospectus.
    Sorry a bit confused with this post.

I apologise if I didn't make myself clear but i was referring to the fact that I received an unconditional offer even though my grades were below. That means they were lenient in my case to one grade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack McGill)
    Sorry a bit confused with this post.

I apologise if I didn't make myself clear but i was referring to the fact that I received an unconditional offer even though my grades were below. That means they were lenient in my case to one grade.
    You made yourself perfectly clear.
    But what you said does not answer the OP's question, it is obvious that my post and the OP's post have confused you.
    The University is not being lenient when it offers you a place either unconditionally when you have grades that are lower than the grades stated in the prospectus, or a conditional offer that requires you to get grades that are lower than the grades stated in the prospectus. (Uni's often put higher grades in their prospectuses than typical offers, to attract brighter candidates).
    What the OP wants to know, is once someone does have a conditional offer, but they fail to make that grade (again, not necessarily the grade written in the prospectus) will the university be lenient and let the student into the university with grades lower than the offer. If a University let a student in with grades that they got that were lower than the conditional offer, then it would be being lenient.

It is nice that you got an unconditional offer, I am happy for you. However, your situation is not applicable to the question raised by the OP.

ReputationRep:
    To illustrate. here is a story of 4 people wanting to study cake making at the Uni of Townshire. All 4 student go to the Uni's open day where they hear that to get into the degree, a typical offer is AAA at A level. They look online and they see that a typical offer is AAA. They read the prospectus and they see that a typical offer is AAA. In December, all 4 students apply. In January they all get offers. Adam already has his A levels, he got AAB, and he gets an unconditional offer. Betty is currently studying her A levels, and she is offered AAA. Craig is currently studying A levels, and He is offered AAB. Dave is doing is A levels too and has been predicted an AAA, and has got an unconditional offer.The Uni of Townshire is not being lenient to any of the students, these are what it wants from each of the individuals. In Adam and Dave's case, what it wants is "anything". You are in Adam's situation. The OP may be in Betty or Craig's situation, we do not know.
    Back to the story. In summer, Betty and Craig pick up their results, and they both get AAB. Craig can definitely go to uni. Dave got a BBB in his A levels, but he can still get into the Uni. But can Betty? Will the Uni let Betty study cake making, even though she failed to get the grades in her offer? That is, will the Uni be lenient? This is what the OP wants to know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by COSMICDOLPHIN)
    You made yourself perfectly clear.
    But what you said does not answer the OP's question, it is obvious that my post and the OP's post have confused you.
    The University is not being lenient when it offers you a place either unconditionally when you have grades that are lower than the grades stated in the prospectus, or a conditional offer that requires you to get grades that are lower than the grades stated in the prospectus. (Uni's often put higher grades in their prospectuses than typical offers, to attract brighter candidates).
    What the OP wants to know, is once someone does have a conditional offer, but they fail to make that grade (again, not necessarily the grade written in the prospectus) will the university be lenient and let the student into the university with grades lower than the offer. If a University let a student in with grades that they got that were lower than the conditional offer, then it would be being lenient.

It is nice that you got an unconditional offer, I am happy for you. However, your situation is not applicable to the question raised by the OP.
    I do understand the difference between the two situations but they are in similar in a way, but to explain this would be going well off topic.

Even so my friend had an offer of ABB for Biochemistry, and got ABC and they still let him in.

ReputationRep:
    My ex had an ABB offer, A in a specific subject, and got BBC and they still let him in. He didn't deserve it IMO, but maybe I'm just being vindictive :p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.