Turn on thread page Beta

Maths A-level: Want to start an online study group? (e.g. through Skype) watch

ReputationRep:
    This could be an alright idea...

ReputationRep:
    i love the idea but i have exam this may too under edexel syllabus but i will give math units in january hopefully so if there is anything like that online discussion i will join after exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daughterofaprince)
    i love the idea but i have exam this may too under edexel syllabus but i will give math units in january hopefully so if there is anything like that online discussion i will join after exam
    I'll only be around until June (I'm sitting all 6 edexcel modules this Summer) but hopefully you'll find other people in here to work with

Most of the discussion happens on Skype, not here.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Danny... How many people we got on skype for the meetings?

And are you guys doing c4 yet?

ReputationRep:
    hi everyone! How are your A-level maths studying going? .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soppe)

theres about 13 of us, but we normally break off into smaller group depending on what we want to revise, and yes their are people doing C4

ReputationRep:
    add jam-polo if you want to join the study group

ReputationRep:
    Just in case anyone is still interested, the group meets fairly regularly on Skype. So far we have about 10 members. We have a core 3 revision meeting this Sunday.

Just add me on Skype (d.a.l.king) and introduce yourself, and I'll show you how it works.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soppe)

Hey Soppe, currently around 10 people. It's pretty good so far. The current system is if anyone wants to study anything in particular (like c4) they announce it to the other members of the group, then if anyone else is interested you make a time and date and go for it. Usually there are between 2 and 5 people in meetings this way.

As far as I know there have been no c4 meetings yet, but they will happen soon I'm sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    hi everyone! How are your A-level maths studying going? .
    Hey Blue, so far so good... just not sure if there's enough time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dannyking)
    Hey Blue, so far so good... just not sure if there's enough time!

more than enough time. I did two days revision for my P6 exam and got 100% :P. and a few days for P4 and got 98% :P. Cramming for the win

ReputationRep:
    add me in Skype el_yusu
    Lost my bag which had my C2 Textbook and notes... so any help will be appreciated xDD

ReputationRep:
    Anyone up for doing this for AQA C2?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    i'm doing core 2 and stats
    does anyone else do this?
    need help on circles

ReputationRep:
    there are a few practicality issues:

1. constantly using latex
    2. it's probably about 3 times more efficient talking face to face
    3. there's a 50% chance that one of the people you link up with on skype will be a troll and they'll strip, think about it in a trolls mind... it's the absolute chance.

not trying to put you down, I'd like to try and see what happens but I doubt it'll be what you'd expect

I'm doing C1/2, M1, D1, S1, FP1

ReputationRep:
    To the above poster, it's working well. No one is immature enough to troll, we just break up into little separate groups, normally in a voice call and discuss relevant topics.

Jam-polo - my skype

ReputationRep:
    I dont get 3D vectors, not a ****ing clue :flutter:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilyking)
    there are a few practicality issues:

1. constantly using latex
    2. it's probably about 3 times more efficient talking face to face
    3. there's a 50% chance that one of the people you link up with on skype will be a troll and they'll strip, think about it in a trolls mind... it's the absolute chance.

not trying to put you down, I'd like to try and see what happens but I doubt it'll be what you'd expect

I'm doing C1/2, M1, D1, S1, FP1
    Well so far so good. The way it works is, we have a Skype group which people can join by adding me and requesting access. People then state in there what they would like to study and if anyone else also wants to they can arrange to talk about it on Skype. So far we've had quite a few meetings, mostly between 2 people, some with around 8 people.

It is more efficient face to face for sure, but it's not that different if you have a way to share your screen and to write on your computer. I have a usb graphics pen (cheap) that I use to write on e.g. paint and I share my screen on Skype, whilst chatting about the question as I go with whoever I'm working with.

So in response to your post, it's working pretty well and we've not had much trouble yet with trolls. Anyone trolling will get kicked out.

ReputationRep:
    Have you guys started c4 yet??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soppe)

Hey Soppe,

Not doing c4 yet but I personally will start it tomorrow. I'll be doing about a chapter a day, if you want to revise together?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 10, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  2. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
  3. University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.