Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Any ideas for casual/part-time employment for a month? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know of a company that employs people on short notice for casual work and would be willing to hire someone for 2 months max in the London, or even Hertfordshire area? I dont care what it includes, although working with a diverse range of people would be a benefit. I dont care if it is handing out leaflets, washing dishes, waitering, bar work, carrying ****, call centres etc etc, I just need another additional job.

I currently work for an agency whereby you pick your shifts and work in all sorts of cool places. However, I went travelling for a bit and I must have fallen down the pecking order because when i got back they went from being really enthusiastic to very reluctant. So far I have 2 shifts for the next three weeks with no prospect of any more. I dont want to quit and sit on my arse whilst claiming JSA as that would suck, so even the stingiest of pay would be positive.

I feel imprisoned in my environment as i dont even have enough money to leave my house at the moment and need some money desperately. If anyone can recommend me any such job, I would be eternally grateful and would show my gratitude by taking them out for a pint or whatever it is that they drink.

Many thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Go on the census jobs website. I think their are still vacancies around. I remember reading that the deadline for them is the 21st though (i.e. tomorrow).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mombasa Raha)
    Go on the census jobs website. I think their are still vacancies around. I remember reading that the deadline for them is the 21st though (i.e. tomorrow).
    Just applied for four jobs on there, wish me luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude)
    Just applied for four jobs on there, wish me luck.
    How did you find four? I just found the 2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam_zed)
    How did you find four? I just found the 2?
    There's four jobs on there for London...

Lambeth
    Westminster
    Hackney
    Kensington & chelsea

ReputationRep:
    Don't forget you can only apply for one post of each job; e.g. if you're applying for Census Collector you can only apply for one area.

The only two posts available are Census Collector and CCS Interviewer - and you can only put in an application for one area for each.

If you apply for more than one area, then they'll only consider you for the first area you applied to.

ReputationRep:
    Don't forget you can only apply for one post of each job; e.g. if you're applying for Census Collector you can only apply for one area.

The only two posts available are Census Collector and CCS Interviewer - and you can only put in an application for one area for each.

If you apply for more than one area, then they'll only consider you for the first area you applied to.
    Oh ok, so I think I only applied for 1 or 2 jobs then. Damn. I thought I increased my law of average aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude)
    There's four jobs on there for London...

Lambeth
    Westminster
    Hackney
    Kensington & chelsea
    I notice you missed out Tower Hamlets lol.

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately I had a look but the only ones in a reachable place were Interviewer posts which are when I would ideally be away.

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    bump

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 22, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.