The Student Room Group

Would you change your perception on anti-social people if....

....they start becoming more sociable? Would you consider changing your impression on them?

Just a question.
(edited 13 years ago)
Of course I won't change my perception of someone if they actually themselves change. I disagree with logical thinking.
Yeah, because they're not anti-social anymore.
Kinda question is this?
Original post by yituool
Of course I won't change my perception of someone if they actually themselves change. I disagree with logical thinking.

You won't change your perception of someone because they were anti-social in the past even though they're not anymore? Doesn't that sound unfair to you after someone acknowledges their wrongs and go through the effort in better themselves socially? That kind of sounds like not forgiving people for hurting you, even if they're sorry.

And I don't get why you disagree with this. Why don't you? If you or anyone could explain why, I'm all ears.
(edited 13 years ago)
As an anti-social person, I would think less of them for betraying the cause. :tongue:
Reply 5
I think you mean unsocial, rather than anti-social. Anti-social is where if someone tries to start a conversation with you, you throw a brick at them, rather than just being shy and untalkative.
Original post by Stefan1991
I think you mean unsocial, rather than anti-social. Anti-social is where if someone tries to start a conversation with you, you throw a brick at them, rather than just being shy and untalkative.

People with social anxiety.

I used "anti-social" because I thought the extroverts would understand what I'm asking. From an extrovert's perspective, people who are unsocial or social phobic appear anti-social.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by lalalalalalamember
People with social anxiety.

I used "anti-social" because I thought the extroverts would understand what I'm asking. From an extrovert's perspective, people are are unsocial or social phobic would appear anti-social.

Not when anti-social is so closely associated with terms like 'anti social behaviour' - and ASBOs. As someone else said, most people interpret anti-social as making loud noise late at night and intimidating people.
Original post by Bekaboo
Not when anti-social is so closely associated with terms like 'anti social behaviour' - and ASBOs. As someone else said, most people interpret anti-social as making loud noise late at night and intimidating people.

When you put it that way, is there a chance in changing the title to clear the confusion?
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest