Turn on thread page Beta

Cameron is a liar, how can we afford war when we're broke? watch

ReputationRep:
    Saving lives is more important than saving money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBigCh)
    Saving lives is more important than saving money.
    Doesn't mean you can't have an ulterior motive

ReputationRep:
    Seriously? Terrible things happen everywhere in the world; some places are even worse than Libya but what goes on there is virtually unreported here yet it is only Libya where we have to intervene. Doesn't that seem even the tiniest bit suspicious? You can say what you want to say but I have my own opinion on the situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NGC773)
    You arnt getting the reason why were are there along with many other nations. We are there to defend the Libyan people. The UN have said its legal to use more than a no-fly zone to defend them.
    The UN resolution was for a No Fly Zone, and already the UK, France and USA have exceeded it's mandate.

This is an illegitimate and unprovoked attack on a sovereign nation. Cameron should be investigated for war crimes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H.JJJ)
    Doesn't mean you can't have an ulterior motive
    Completely agree. However, can we not allow our politicans some degree of a moral compass. There are benefits to stabilising the area in the form of oil, but saving lives is not something we should dismiss lightly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinnamon_Twist)
    Seriously? Terrible things happen everywhere in the world; some places are even worse than Libya but what goes on there is virtually unreported here yet it is only Libya where we have to intervene. Doesn't that seem even the tiniest bit suspicious? You can say what you want to say but I have my own opinion on the situation.
    There may be other worse things happening in the world, but the protesters in Libya themselves have called for International Help, and also the Arab League urged the UN to impose a no-fly zone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Real-One)
    The UN resolution was for a No Fly Zone, and already the UK, France and USA have exceeded it's mandate.

This is an illegitimate and unprovoked attack on a sovereign nation. Cameron should be investigated for war crimes.
    No, go read the darn resolution. It was to take all means short of open war.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IlexBlue)
    "They got money for wars but can't feed the poor..."
    is that 2pac?

ReputationRep:
    There is a special Treasury fund for military action, no part of the MoD's budget will be spent on this conflict.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Great_One)
    This isnt a war and its with the UN britain only has a very small part to play in this.
    small part lol, you're joking right, by the way germany, russia, china, etc are also part of UN how came they are not taking part.
    cameeron is a liar, he has literary taken britain to war to inhence his world political power house, so has monsieur Sarkozy
    i know gaddafi is evil but they are in it not for UN but the same way they were for iraq, regime change and oil. get off your conservative high horse pal! the worse thing is he is going to war at a time when we are facing massive cuts, no jobs. so conservative!

ReputationRep:

This is untrue.

The UN said its legal to impose a no-fly zone over Libya and authorized "all necessary measures," excluding troops on the ground, to protect civilians under threat of attack in the country.

ReputationRep:
    Its simple, theyre using Ghaddfi as an excuse to get inside libya and take the oil just as they used saddam hussain to get inside iraq.
    The Media talks bs. If the UK and US wanted to stop Ghaddafi dont yu think they would have stopped him by now?.. theyre probably paying him to do all this.
    The UK and US are not stupid.

ReputationRep:
    We're not going to war, we're enforcing a no fly zone, there's a huge difference...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SkyNinja)
    Its simple, theyre using Ghaddfi as an excuse to get inside libya and take the oil just as they used saddam hussain to get inside iraq.
    The Media talks bs. If the UK and US wanted to stop Ghaddafi dont yu think they would have stopped him by now?.. theyre probably paying him to do all this.
    The UK and US are not stupid.
    British and American companies are already in Libya? so i dont know how you can say they are using him as an excuse to get oil.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NGC773)
    British and American companies are already in Libya? so i dont know how you can say they are using him as an excuse to get oil.
    yes they are in libya but under gaddafi management and terms, now if they remove him, they are going to have oil under their terms

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awais590)
    is that 2pac?
    Indeed it is!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IlexBlue)
    "They got money for wars but can't feed the poor..."
    Great comment you made me laugh so hard , Honestly that was like the best comment of the day . No joke , your so right how important we people are to our government

ReputationRep:

Yeah, protecting a population which is being massacred and asked for your help is a war crime :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Do you propose that we cease spending on defence, then?

We're still a massively rich country in the scheme of things, for God's sake. Why fork out British money to save a bunch of foreigners, eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martyn*)
    I don't know why they can't just swoop-into his palace and arrest him. Get some ninja assassins to go in and take him out.
    It's because I can't do this week. Getting my annual leave in before the end of the financial year.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.