Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cameron is a liar, how can we afford war when we're broke? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NGC773)
    British and American companies are already in Libya? so i dont know how you can say they are using him as an excuse to get oil.
    They cant just walk in and take oil. They need Ghaddfi off first and hes there as an excuse for the UK and US to be there. No point arguing thats the truth...you think these countries care about "peace" thats all jus an illusion.. they wud kill people if it ment better for the economy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abbadon27)
    Yeah, protecting a population which is being massacred and asked for your help is a war crime :rolleyes:
    The population is not being massacred. That is strictly false. Any such civilian deaths are collateral damage. Like how US guided missiles accidentally hit schools and the like.

Rebels are being killed. There is a difference. When rebels are armed and engaged in open conflict with the government, they cease to be civilians, but enemy combatants in a civil war.

Sedition and treason is a crime punishable by death in most countries, so it is not surprising that a lot of them are being shot. The only reason papers call it a "massacre" is because in the case there is a lot of rebels who refuse to lay down their weapon, what can Gadaffi do for these people who are intent on sedition and refuse to see reason?

We are not protecting civilians, we are taking sides in a civil war. White men should not meddle in Africa, nothing good ever comes of it.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm

1600 people losing their jobs in County Durham with budget cuts, public services being cut left, right and centre - buses, leisure centres etc

I'm sure this is happening all over the country...

Yet we have money to go to war?

Screw Libya. What about the British people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SkyNinja)
    They cant just walk in and take oil. They need Ghaddfi off first and hes there as an excuse for the UK and US to be there. No point arguing thats the truth...you think these countries care about "peace" thats all jus an illusion.. they wud kill people if it ment better for the economy.
    BP are already operating in Libya with a tens of billions invested in the country. We are already there taking oil

ReputationRep:
    1) The cost of inaction is almost always greater than the cost of action.
    2) Nothing stimulates the economy quite like a good war.
    3) I'm sure that part of the deal we struck with the rebels concerning our intervention is that once we topple Gaddafi and they come in there will be some highly lucrative oil contracts available.

ReputationRep:
    BP are already operating in Libya with a tens of billions invested in the country. We are already there taking oil
    Are they really "taking" their oil?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abc1234x)
    (because we'll get arrested )
    You think some gun-totting Arabs are going to stop a group of Ninja assassins?

ReputationRep:
    Are they really "taking" their oil?
    I dont know what you mean?

http://www.bp.com/genericarticle.do?...tentId=7033600

They are in Libya, drilling and pumping oil from the country. If we really wanted to go in there and take oil then we would have troops on the ground. We are only weakening Gadaffis forces and arming rebels so they can take over their country, topple a regieme and bring democracy to the country

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Humz7)
    what pisses me off the most was when he said on the tv that geddhafi (however you spell his name), is a liar, corrupt, etc. etc. yet when HE is the liar and HE is corrupt himself.
    ****ing rah ****stain. the prick needs to get shown his way out of 10 downing street.
    the level of hypocrisy he displays is abysmal. ****.

neg rep for the truth? **** off you posh *******s!
    Justify

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GwrxVurfer)
    If your idea of "defending freedom" is to send hired gunmen to the residence of a dissenter and murder him, then I'd hate to see your idea of a totalitarian regime.
    Ninjas don't carry guns.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Humz7)
    what pisses me off the most was when he said on the tv that geddhafi (however you spell his name), is a liar, corrupt, etc. etc. yet when HE is the liar and HE is corrupt himself.
    ****ing rah ****stain. the prick needs to get shown his way out of 10 downing street.
    the level of hypocrisy he displays is abysmal. ****.

neg rep for the truth? **** off you posh *******s!
    haha interesting point

ReputationRep:
    I dont know what you mean?

http://www.bp.com/genericarticle.do?...tentId=7033600

They are in Libya, drilling and pumping oil from the country. If we really wanted to go in there and take oil then we would have troops on the ground. We are only weakening Gadaffis forces and arming rebels so they can take over their country, topple a regieme and bring democracy to the country
    Your trapped in the media. They have no concern with Gadaffi or what hes doing.. that's Libya's problem... They are now using that as an excuse to take as much oil as they can without all these contracts.. Can you explain how sending in jets and planes will overthrow Gadaffi and bring democracy unless the troops get to ground level it will not happen..
    This will just lead to more deaths and more problems for the world as Gadaffi is now saying he will attack back and stop the oil supplies for these countries.. this can all just be an act or it can be "using Gadaffi to take oil"
    UK US and all these countries are just attackin libya for no reason it does not involve them.. even Russia and China are telling them to stop. They are causing more deaths than Gaddaffi..have you got any statistics about how many people died because of these attacks? no. Uk and US should stop attacking these countries otherwise a world war will start....

ReputationRep:
    I despair...

ReputationRep:
    Your trapped in the media. They have no concern with Gadaffi or what hes doing.. that's Libya's problem... They are now using that as an excuse to take as much oil as they can without all these contracts.. Can you explain how sending in jets and planes will overthrow Gadaffi and bring democracy unless the troops get to ground level it will not happen..
    This will just lead to more deaths and more problems for the world as Gadaffi is now saying he will attack back and stop the oil supplies for these countries.. this can all just be an act or it can be "using Gadaffi to take oil"
    UK US and all these countries are just attackin libya for no reason it does not involve them.. even Russia and China are telling them to stop. They are causing more deaths than Gaddaffi..have you got any statistics about how many people died because of these attacks? no. Uk and US should stop attacking these countries otherwise a world war will start....
    I dont think you are looking at the facts, ive only heared it being mentioned once that BP and co are in libya pumping oil on the media so i dont know how you can say i am trapped in the media.. If you do your own research you can see that UK/US companies have been in Libya and producing oil which is pumped to Europe and other countries to be sold for years.

If this uprising didnt happen we would still be living happily with Gadaffi in power, we would still be selling him arms and getting their oil.

"Can you explain how sending in jets and planes will overthrow Gadaffi and bring democracy unless the troops get to ground level it will not happen.. "

The rebels stand no chance against Gadaffis air power. If we control the skies and give the rebels arms then they can be the people on the ground to move to tripoli and take back power. If we keep them out of the skies and bomb pro-Gadaffi tanks and forces then the rebels will stand a chance.

As fellow human beings its our right to protect people from being killed whilst being defenceless. The UN has made it legal for us to be there to protect the Libyan people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martyn*;)
    You think some gun-totting Arabs are going to stop a group of Ninja assassins?
    Well..er..if you can find some ninja assassins, then go for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abc1234x)
    Well..er..if you can find some ninja assassins, then go for it

ReputationRep:
    I dont think you are looking at the facts, ive only heared it being mentioned once that BP and co are in libya pumping oil on the media so i dont know how you can say i am trapped in the media.. If you do your own research you can see that UK/US companies have been in Libya and producing oil which is pumped to Europe and other countries to be sold for years.

If this uprising didnt happen we would still be living happily with Gadaffi in power, we would still be selling him arms and getting their oil.

"Can you explain how sending in jets and planes will overthrow Gadaffi and bring democracy unless the troops get to ground level it will not happen.. "

The rebels stand no chance against Gadaffis air power. If we control the skies and give the rebels arms then they can be the people on the ground to move to tripoli and take back power. If we keep them out of the skies and bomb pro-Gadaffi tanks and forces then the rebels will stand a chance.

As fellow human beings its our right to protect people from being killed whilst being defenceless. The UN has made it legal for us to be there to protect the Libyan people.
    Do you believe everything you read? how long has gadaffi been in power? and just recently he decides to randomly kill aload of his people under the excuse of "al qaeda are giving him drugs" he is blaming Al Qaeda hmm thats strange.. no hes been bought buy the US and UK..and now this is leading for them to enter the country and basically take everything the country has illeagly.. there is never "too much" people always want more.

Ok so now theyre helping the rebels win.. why cant they just directly attack Gadaffi themselves? how long will that take, theyve already gotten involved in this, theyre basically using Libya's people to fight each other and die while theyre giving support from the skies as they say but sooner or later there will be forces on the ground i bet you any money.

The UN said protect the libyan people, not fire aload of missiles causing aload of deaths and give the rebels more stuff so this civil war can carry on. If it was up to the goverment they dont give a **** about human rights they wud kill as many people as they want to get something even if thats in the UK as well.. this is all just an illusion created by the media. Theres alot that goes on in the world that there is no information about.

ReputationRep:
    Do you believe everything you read? how long has gadaffi been in power? and just recently he decides to randomly kill aload of his people under the excuse of "al qaeda are giving him drugs" he is blaming Al Qaeda hmm thats strange.. no hes been bought buy the US and UK..and now this is leading for them to enter the country and basically take everything the country has illeagly.. there is never "too much" people always want more.

Ok so now theyre helping the rebels win.. why cant they just directly attack Gadaffi themselves? how long will that take, theyve already gotten involved in this, theyre basically using Libya's people to fight each other and die while theyre giving support from the skies as they say but sooner or later there will be forces on the ground i bet you any money.

The UN said protect the libyan people, not fire aload of missiles causing aload of deaths and give the rebels more stuff so this civil war can carry on. If it was up to the goverment they dont give a **** about human rights they wud kill as many people as they want to get something even if thats in the UK as well.. this is all just an illusion created by the media. Theres alot that goes on in the world that there is no information about.

So your saying that BP isnt already in Libya and hasnt invested tens of billions in the country? Because thats what im reading.

The UN said its legal to impose a no-fly zone over Libya and authorized "all necessary measures," excluding troops on the ground, to protect civilians under threat of attack in the country.

We are firing missles at Military targets. Airbases, air defences, artillery and tanks. These weapons could and have been used to kill people who defy Gadaffi.

If you dont believe me ^ go read up about it on the UN website. Or going by your ideas i shouldnt even believe it. Do you believe 9/11 was a conspiracy and the moon landings were faked? Yes i agree lots of things go on without us knowing about it but the facts are there. We are already in Libya we have already setup shop there to pump oil into Europe

ReputationRep:
    So your saying that BP isnt already in Libya and hasnt invested tens of billions in the country? Because thats what im reading.

The UN said its legal to impose a no-fly zone over Libya and authorized "all necessary measures," excluding troops on the ground, to protect civilians under threat of attack in the country.

We are firing missles at Military targets. Airbases, air defences, artillery and tanks. These weapons could and have been used to kill people who defy Gadaffi.

If you dont believe me ^ go read up about it on the UN website. Or going by your ideas i shouldnt even believe it. Do you believe 9/11 was a conspiracy and the moon landings were faked? Yes i agree lots of things go on without us knowing about it but the facts are there. We are already in Libya we have already setup shop there to pump oil into Europe
    Ok so basically your saying that the UK, US, france etc are firing missiles at all the military targets just so they could bring peace to Libya which has nothing to do with them? Can you explain why its the West getting involved and not the East, i mean the East can do this too right? just fire missiles at miliatry targets in Libya for peace.

Ok fine as you say were in Libya taking oil.
    How many countries does it need to overthrow one mad man? i dont understand the logic of helping the rebels..they should just directly attack and get it over and done with. Theyre weakning Libya's milatary forces just as they did in Iraq when trying to find their wepons of mass destruction...

ReputationRep:
    A) It's not a war
    B) It is only morally right we intervene in a country where a crazy dictator has vowed to crush 'those drug addicts and cockroaches'.
    C) If we stood by and watched, the blood of the massacred would be on our hands, especially since we sold Gaddafi those weapons
    D) It's not a war

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.